Monday 5 November 2012

A Curious Tale: One girl's search for her father...

Chapter One

This is the story of a girl, no ordinary girl I might add, who was taken from her family as a toddler and kept in a laboratory all of her life! Her name is Cora, Cora Curious! Having escaped from the Science Facility that held her captive all this time, she is on the run searching for her father Pascal and his two brothers, Vidcund and Lazlo...

 "My dearest Cora,
It's been twenty years since you were taken from me! Not a day goes by when I don't think of you, becoming a father was the hardest yet most enjoyable experience of my life! I was twenty eight years of age when I was abducted, experimented on and eventually impregnated with you! When I returned my brothers Vidcund and Lazlo were dumbstruck! Men can't give birth, surely? But I was pregnant, and when you came along I was ecstatic! Frightened but ever so excited! I named you Cora, the first thing that came to mind...and it suited you! I am now forty eight and so very tired, but I will never give up hope that I will once again see your beautiful little face my darling! So I leave this note just in case you come back, we are off to Starlight Shores for the annual Star Watch Convention, we go every year trying to spot the craft that took me, for I know you are up there on the planet I was taken to! I know they took you back! And I will not give up until I have you back home, they will not keep you, I am your mother and your father all rolled into one and I will not give you up! I will be in Starlight Shores for a week, you can find me there! This is the tenth letter I have written, I hope some day you will actually get it and find me!
All my love, your father Pascal Curious. xxx"

 TWENTY YEARS AGO. STRANGETOWN. CURIOUS RESIDENCE.

 "Brother I still think it's far too early to register her for school!" Vidcund Curious sighed impatiently, his older brother Pascal had recently become a father to a little girl who was growing at an alarming rate!
"Nonsense, it's never too early to start planning for the future Vidcund!" youngest brother Lazlo chipped in.

 They were arguing over Cora, the baby girl Pascal had mysteriously "given birth" to! You see Pascal had been looking through his telescope one evening and saw a bright light beaming down on their home. Two days later he was lying in the garden with no memory of how he got there or how he had lost two days!

 Eventually it would all come back to him, piece by piece! He had been abducted by aliens who experimented on him and impregnated him! It was a short pregnancy, five months instead of nine, and when the baby was born she had green skin and very peculiar looking eyes! It had only been two months since he'd given birth, but Cora Curious was already the size of a two year old toddler!

 He adored her, like any father would adore his child! Her appearance mattered very little to Pascal! He knew his brother Vidcund was uneasy about the whole situation, but this little girl was his daughter! Nothing could ever change that!

 The love that Pascal gave to his little girl was returned tenfold! He would often put her in her crib for her naps, kiss her on the forehead and tell her he loved her! She would reply with a few gurgles and a big smile, those big and bright eyes sparkling at him!

 As he held her tiny hand in his, he remembered the anger he felt over being abducted. But now all he felt was complete joy, and she was responsible for that!

 As she settled down for her afternoon nap, Pascal made sure her cot was secure, she had a habit of escaping and wandering off when her father and uncles weren't looking!

 "Did you check the bars?" Vidcund began interrogating his brother the moment he sat down.
"Yes!" Pascal sighed and read his book.
"I reinforced them again! I swear Pascal, that kid of yours is Kal-El's long lost sister!"
"No Vidcund, she is just a baby! I doubt she's from Krypton nor does she have super powers like Superman!"
"Well she's got something because I have child-proofed that crib four times already and she still gets out!"

Pascal continued to read his book, his daughter wasn't a super being, she was just very very clever!

 And Uncle Vidcund would be disappointed once again, as she had escaped that afternoon and was playing with her rag doll on the floor of her father's bedroom!

 But her freedom was short lived when her other Uncle, Lazlo, caught her in the act...

 "Hey there cutie! You got out again huh? Well Uncle Vidcund will not be amused!" he chuckled and snuggled his niece affectionately.

"Okay sweetie, Uncle Lazlo is going to put you to bed, so are you going to stay there this time?" Cora's huge eyes blinked twice and she smiled a one-toothed grin at her favourite Uncle!

 "Cora got out again!" Lazlo announced rather matter-of-factly to his brothers.
"Damn that kid!" Vidcund muttered, still not looking up from his chess game.
"I swear, she is smarter than you by far Vidcund!" Lazlo chuckled, "Uh-oh, that chick's on the news again, harping on about the UFO sightings in Starlight Shores!"

 "You know what that means don't you? It won't be long before they start sniffing around Lucky Palms, then here!"

 "I'm not worried Laz!" Pascal replied, still reading intently.
"I think you should be brother!" Vidcund piped up, "The kid has green skin and bug eyes and..."
"Enough Vidcund! I said I'm not worried!"

Pascal had fallen asleep reading in the other room when he was rudely awoken the next morning by Lazlo turning on the TV prompting him to quickly get up and wake Cora...

 ...but when he got there, her crib was empty. This was not unusual, but the fact that her rag doll was still there was unusual, she took it everywhere!

 "LAZLO!" He shouted to his brother, a hint of panic in his voice.
"What??? What's the matter???"
"Did you wake Cora this morning?"
"No why?" Lazlo looked his brother up and down warily.
"Did Vidcund..."
"Pascal, none of us have been in there since last night!"

 "Then I think...she's...gone!"
"What do you mean gone?"
"I...someone has taken her Laz! She's been kidnapped!"
"Calm down, I'm sure she's in the garden or something, you know what she's like for pulling a Houdini!"

 "Lazlo! Pat is still there, her doll!" Pascal choked back a sob...

 "They've taken my Cora!"

PRESENT DAY. STARLIGHT SHORES. SOMEWHERE IN THE WOODS.

"I will find you father! I promise!!!"

To be continued...

5 comments:

  1. :))))))))))))))) AWWEEEESSSSOOOMMMEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove family reunion stories- promise to make it a zillion chapters, plz *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Curious brothers were my favourite family in TS2, just had to bring them back! ;o)

      Delete
  3. I like your story of this family I only play strangetown.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)