Monday 27 July 2015

Love Drunk 2.0: Chapter Eight

Last chapter many hearts were broken, many words were spoken that cannot be taken back...or can they? Lainie had finally had enough of Dexter's behaviour and asked for a divorce, at the same time she decided to give Rob a chance after all those years. Her love life was put on the back burner however when her son Damon and nephew Liam had their own fair share of heartache and needed her. Living together now, Keira and Josh were planning on having a baby to spite Keira's father who still hadn't apologised for ruining Christmas. Can Lainie make her boys feel better? And will Keira come to her senses before it is too late? Meanwhile Luke is having his own problems with Rosie, and her twin is giving poor Kieran grief too!

Lainie made some hot chocolate as Liam sat at the kitchen table staring out to sea. She had called Damon down from his room and he was just as responsive as his cousin. "I think I have some mini marshmallows somewhere, would you boys like some?" Lainie tried to break the silence.
Damon grunted and mumbled back, "Mum we're not kids!" As Liam sniffed and called to her,
"Yes please Auntie Lainie!"
"Crawler!" Damon spat at him and elbowed him in the side as he let out a tiny squeak.
"Damon that's uncalled for! Don't take your fight with my brother out on me!"

Damon sneered at his younger cousin and replied, "I'll do what I want in my own home faggot!!!"
"DAMON!" Lainie shouted angrily at her son, "Say sorry to your cousin right now! How dare you speak to him like that!" Damon blushed and hung his head.

"I'm sorry!" He mumbled and elbowed Liam again, but this time it was playfully.
"That's okay!" Liam sighed, "But Damey Mandy belongs with Jamie!" Damon felt an anger rise up within his belly, but he fought it and nodded in agreement. Mandy and James were meant to be together, since they were kids they always had a connection. If Damon was honest, he only liked her to get at his cousin.

"You wanna play on my PS4?" Damon half smiled at Liam as he nodded back with an even bigger smile. They drank their hot chocolate with Lainie and headed next door to play on Damon's console.

"So..." Damon began, "What's up with you?" Liam sighed and fought back any tears that threatened to escape.
"Someone made me think that they liked me, and then they changed their mind!" He shrugged, thinking of Cormac and his harsh words that morning.
"People don't just change their minds, either they like you or they were pretending! I take it this is Cormac Hayes we're talking about?" Liam nodded and put down the controller.

"Damey? When someone kisses you, does that not mean they like you?" Damon tried to hide the shock he felt, Cormac was much older than Liam, although Damon was a rebel and a rule breaker he felt concerned that Cormac would go there with a 14 year old.
"Look Liam, I think you should try and forget about Cormac because he's way older and if you two were to...you know get together, he'd be in a lot of trouble! And he's an ass, Rory will tell you that!" Once again Liam felt a pain in his chest when Damon insulted Cormac.

"But I love him!" He whimpered.
"And he's not worth your love Liam! He's really not!" Talking to Liam had made Damon feel a little better about his own situation, it had made him see things more clearly. He forgave James and Mandy for getting together, but now he was mad at his dad for not turning up at the gig...

...and for keeping his mother away too!

After passing her driving test, Rosie Mitchell spent her weekends at home so that she could be with her boyfriend. He wasn't allowed on campus so this was the only way they could see each other during term time. And even though they seemed to be a very affectionate couple, every time she mentioned to Luke that they take their relationship further, he leapt up like a scalded cat and ran for the hills! Luke didn't know why he was scared, he loved Rosie very much and had done all of his life, but something was stopping him from sleeping with her. The fact that she wanted to made things so much more terrifying. This afternoon he was especially on edge because Rosie had sent her sister away so they could be alone in her room, not to mention the fact that her parents and brother were also around as well as that Kieran guy who worked for her dad!


He just couldn't relax as Rosie kissed him and let out the most adorable, tiny little moans and slipped her hand inside his shirt where she'd subtly unbuttoned it. "R-Rosie!" he mumbled as she ran her hand softly over his chest.
"Oh Lukey!" was her reply as his body began to sweat nervously at the sound of Drew Mitchell's unmistakable laugh downstairs.


Rosie ceased kissing him and sighed, "Lukey what is it?"
"Your parents, your brother, your sister...Kieran???" Rosie sighed again and stood up.


"Okay then Luke where are we going to go to get some privacy? Hmm? Your mum and Damon are always at the houseboat, you won't go to the mansion even though it is technically OUR home since we were kids! What? What do we do? Stay virgins all our lives???" Rosie's voice got louder the angrier she got, or was that frustration?


What she did and said next shocked and surprised Luke, she stripped down to her underwear and let her hair down, "I'm so horny you have no idea!!!" she grunted and threw herself down on the bed. It wasn't like her, she was such a sweet girl! This was the kind of thing her twin would say and do, lying there in her next to nothings trying to entice Luke into making a move! 


But as shocking as her actions and words were, nothing prepared him for what she said next, "If you don't screw me right now, I'll find someone who will!!!"


Luke slowly got up and headed for the stairs, "Maybe you should then!" he muttered, and left her alone in her room.


"No Luke! I...I didn't mean it I...LUKE???"

Luke passed Drew Mitchell laughing with his assistant in the hallway with his head down. "Hey there Maloney next generation!"
"H-hi Uncle Drew!" Drew could tell he was upset, he couldn't believe he and Rosie would quarrel, they were so in love!


"You off then?" he called to him as he opened the door to leave.
"Yeah, see you later! Bye Kieran!"
"Yes, bye!" Kieran piped up, surprised that Luke Maloney was actually talking to him, he usually pretended he wasn't there.


"Well that was weird!" Drew muttered, "Right kid, gimme 10 minutes then come down to the lab okay?"
"Yes Doctor Mitchell!" Kieran was aware of Daisy watching him, but he chose to ignore her.


It annoyed Daisy that the geek didn't want to know her, she'd come home with her sister for the weekend just to see him! But she wasn't going to tell him that! "Hey specky!" she called to him, but still he ignored her.


"Kieran!!!" she yelped and pouted.
"Yes?" he finally spoke.
"Why won't you talk to me?" with a bored look on his face he was ready for her as she blocked his way to the back door.

"Is that what you want?"
"What? What do you mean is that what I want? You should be lucky that I give you the time of day!"
"Really?" still bored, Kieran was not going to give in to her.


"You need to appreciate the fact that a dweeb like you is below me! And yet I talk to you, I acknowledge your existence!"
"Gee, thanks!" Kieran snorted as Daisy got angrier the more he mocked her.


"Listen Daisy, I have work to do so..." 
"WHAT?" Daisy almost choked, "I don't even know why I bother!"
"Neither do I!" he sighed and looked down at his sandals, safely protecting his socked feet. Yes he was a geek, a nerd, a dweeb! Everything she called him was what he was, but he wasn't going to beg for her attention and he wasn't going to grovel and be grateful for it either!
"Because I like you! That's why! You jerk!!!" Daisy suddenly spat as Kieran looked up in surprise and grabbed hold of her...


 Kieran adored Daisy, she was beautiful and fragrant and clever! But she was very cruel, sometimes unfeeling towards others. She was an enigma, and that was what fascinated him! He didn't care that she would hit him after this, all he cared about was how soft her lips were as he pressed his own to them. 


 He pulled her close and tasted her, squeezed her waist as she let out a little squeak but she didn't fight him. There was no pulling away from him, was this just shock or did she really dig him?


She relaxed in his arms and allowed him to kiss her, hold her, and it was everything he had dreamed of and more!


When he finally let her go, she simply stood with a blank expression on her face. "Daisy?" Kieran whispered, "Are you mad?" Daisy let out a large sigh and replied,
"You drooled on my chin!"
"Sorry, but...please...are you mad?" Before she could answer, Drew burst in the back door.


"HEY! KID!" he bellowed, "Get your butt down to the lab right now!"
"B-but you said 10 minutes!" Kieran stammered, looking at Daisy with a puzzled expression.
"12 minutes ago, yes!" Drew replied sharply, "Move!"


"Are you mad?" Kieran repeated quietly as Daisy blushed in front of her father.
"No Kieran!" she replied with his name, genuinely and softly for the first time rather than mockingly like she usually did. "I'm not, but daddy is!"


A nice, fresh walk up to the mansion was just what Lainie needed before she attempted to speak to her estranged husband. Damon's outburst about them abandoning him had made her think about what this whole thing was doing to him. 


As the mansion she once called home came into view, her memories came flooding back as she walked up the path to the front door.


Lainie let herself in, hoping to meet either Erin or Ash before Dexter to soften the blow. The house seemed rather quiet, no sign of either of them or their eldest son James. Liam was still back at the houseboat with Damon planning a sleepover. Lainie bit the bullet and headed up to Dexter's studio. She thought about their rather big argument the other night and it made her feel angry as well as sad. It was unlikely that Dexter was ever going to change, she was unsure whether she could live with that or not, although deep down she felt that she'd already made up her mind!


Standing outside the studio, she thought about the first day they had moved in. Dexter had arranged with a very special friend to build a custom made mansion fit for four band members and their families. This friend had been responsible for many magnificent buildings and had built homes for the rich and famous for years. Lainie remembered falling in love with it and vowing never to leave.


How times had changed as she opened the large double doors and sucked in her breath. The bed that Drew had put in for Dexter all those months ago was still there. There was a painting half finished on his easel, and there was a rather unpleasant smell like bachelor living in a bedsit. It seemed Dexter really wasn't coping without her.


But she had to forget about that, stick to her guns and be grown up about this for her son's sake! Dexter was slumped on the couch upstairs staring at a blank screen on the T.V. as Lainie put on a fake smile and greeted him. "Hello Dexter!" He didn't turn to look at her, he didn't move at all, all he did was grunt. "I've come to talk about..."
"Jesus freckles it's only been 48 hours and you're here to bury our marriage already???" he interrupted, still staring at the television.


"No actually!!!" Lainie snapped, "I've come about Damon!"
"Oh!" Dexter nodded, "Well I didn't ask him to come over, and he shouldn't be punished for wanting to see me!"
"What are you talking about?" Lainie squeaked as Dexter blushed, realising she knew nothing of Damon's visit the other day.


He cleared his throat and shuffled in his seat, "Never mind I'm...I'm not feeling all that great so...can we talk another time?" Lainie sat down beside him and shook her head.


"No Dexter we can't! This is important, our son feels neglected and it's all our fault! We need to be more grown up about things and put him first! He's barely 16 and he's vulnerable! You remember when you had problems with your dad? Do you want to repeat that with Damon?"
"Of course not!" Dexter snapped, "Is he acting up or..."


"No, he was devastated that neither of us went to his concert last night! He feels like we're abandoning him! And he may be right, Dexter help me to help our son? Put our differences aside?"
"Does this mean you'll hold fire with the divorce? Or better yet, forget it altogether?" Lainie screwed her eyes shut and sighed irritably.


"Dexy!"
"HA!" Dexter shot up and grinned from ear to ear, "You called me Dexy!"
"So what?" Lainie frowned.
"Evelyn, I..."
"What Dexy?" Lainie stood up to face him as his cheeks burned a deep red and tears formed in his perfect aqua blue eyes.


"I want you to know that...I'm sorry...for everything! I am, and have always been so very in love with you! I always will no matter what happens!" Lainie opened her mouth to speak but Dexter stopped her by placing his hands on her shoulders.


"I love you Evelyn, you're my wife and the mother of my children! I screw up a lot, I have a short temper but only when someone or something threatens to take away the people that I love! I've always liked Rob, but he's not for you baby! He never has been! Evelyn please...gimme another chance and I promise it will be the last!" Lainie gently pulled free from his grip and shook her head sadly.


"Dexy, how did we come to this?"
"I dunno!" he sighed tiredly, "We were happy, for years we were happy! Then Erica...that's when it all went to hell!"
"You mean I broke our marriage!" Lainie nodded in realisation.
"No, no that's not..."
"If I had just trusted you, I suppose we both played our part in this didn't we? And the common denominator was jealousy! Dexy I love you too, you are my one and only but...I want my daughter back!" Lainie's tears rolled down her cheek as she thought of Keira, her first born, and the disastrous Christmas and New Year! Dexter took her in his arms and gazed into those big, bright eyes. How he'd missed her!


"Evelyn!"
"Yes Dexy?" Dexter could hardly get the words out, he had so much to say but couldn't string a coherent sentence together. This was his one chance to get her back! And he had no clue how to do it!


"Evelyn, I've missed you so much the pain in my heart...I've...please don't leave me?" Lainie had to admit that she'd missed him too and despite his pathetic performance the other night with Rob, she was almost willing to forgive him.
"Dexy...this pain...it's real isn't it? You've not been taking care of yourself have you?"


"Shh!" Dexter placed a finger to her lips, tempted to smother her with kisses, but he resisted for now.
"Since you came back, the pain is gone, I'm fine!"
"Dexy you have to talk to Keira and fix this! Our children are suffering!"


"I know, and so are we!" Dexter couldn't resist any longer, he leaned in for a kiss and was pleasantly surprised when Lainie gave him what he wanted.


First kiss in over eight whole months, and boy did it feel good! Dexter almost forgot that Lainie was living in a houseboat down the road without him. He almost forgot that she'd asked for a divorce the other night. He'd not forgotten how soft her lips were, and he'd not forgotten the wonderful sensation of her fingers running through his hair!


For that one, brief moment she was his again! And he never wanted that moment to end!


It didn't end there, to Dexter's utter surprise it did not end there at all! As he lay gazing upon his beautiful wife, he couldn't believe that they were together in their bed for the first time in months. He didn't dare hope that Lainie was coming back to him, that this was the start of the rebuild of their marriage.


Had she truly forgiven him for everything that had happened over the past eight months? Would she honestly have given herself to him if she wasn't planning on coming back to the mansion and giving their marriage another go? As she opened her eyes and stared right at him, his heart skipped a beat, remembering how close and how blissfully intimate they had been a short while ago.


"What time is it?" she mumbled sleepily at him.
"It's er...around four-ish?" he replied with the widest grin on his face as she gasped and shot up with a start.


"I have to get back to the boys! Damon will wonder where I am!"
"You didn't tell him you were coming here?" Lainie avoided his eyes and frowned as he stroked her hair tenderly.
"No, I didn't know how I would find you. You've been...unapproachable lately and...Dexy I really need to go!"


"Baby don't go just yet, call Damey and tell him you're with me! He's 16 he can take care of himself and Liam I'm sure!"
"That's not the point Dexy we...we can't keep leaving him alone! Missing his gig last night was just not acceptable we need to be adults and show solidarity!" Dexter nodded and smiled.
"We do, and we will!"
"I really do have to leave now!" Lainie stood up from the bed and began locating her clothing as Dexter felt a panic rise up inside him.


"Evelyn what...what's...what just happened I mean...what is this?"
"Dexy don't do this right now!" Lainie muttered as the realisation hit him. This wasn't her coming back to him at all, this was something else!
"Freckles, what we just did..."


"...was that break-up sex?"
"Dexy!" the look on her face confirmed it though, even if she didn't want to admit it.
"Seriously did we just have break-up sex???" Finally she sighed sadly and replied,
"I...I think we did, yes!"


Dexter pulled her in close to him as she draped her arms over his shoulders, if this truly was the end, then he was going to make her doubt her decision. "If I'd known, I'd have made more of an effort!" he laughed softly.
"Oh I think you did pretty well!"


"It doesn't have to be the end!" he whispered, tickling her lips with his breath as her body shivered pleasantly.
"It doesn't? I think we both know our marriage is finished!"
"No, it's not! I will fix things with Keira, I promise! And when I do, you and our boys are coming back home! And we are going to have the most amazing make-up sex to rival this break-up sex, and you're gonna wonder why you ever left me in the first place! Deal?"
"Dexy..." she groaned, but he only pulled her in tighter.
"Deal???" he repeated, his eyes burning into hers. Finally she answered him, and to her surprise she was agreeing with him.
"Deal!"


Dexter lowered his hands and wrapped them around her waist, kissing her for the last time...


...until he won her back, which he was going to do very soon!


Dexter wasted no time in making things right, for the first time in eight months he contacted his daughter and was surprised to find that, rather than hang up, she actually answered the phone! And as he waited for her to come to the mansion, he felt extremely nervous! "Daddy?" his breath caught in his throat when he heard Keira's voice.
"Kee Bee?"


"Hello!" she replied quietly, she looked just as nervous as he felt!
"I didn't think you'd come...I'm so glad you did!" Dexter felt the overwhelming urge to hug his daughter.


"Kee Bee I...I've missed you so much it's...it's so good to see you!"

"I missed you too!" she whispered. Suddenly she broke free and stared him down.


"But you hurt me daddy, you really really hurt me!" Dexter could only nod and say,
"I know, and for that I am truly sorry! Can we sit down and talk?"


They sat in silence for a few minutes as Dexter put together what he really wanted to say while trying not to sound too much like himself and screw it up! Eight whole months of catching up to do, and Keira looked radiant as ever, she was almost glowing!


Dexter took the bull by the horns and began to say what he wanted to say. "Kee Bee, I apologise! And I give you and Joshua my blessing, I think he's a very good fit for you!"
"Thank you daddy that means so much!"
"Yeah!" he laughed softly, "But it should'a been said on Christmas day, it should never have ended up like this and that's all on me I know!"
"Daddy..."
"No Kee Bee, let me finish!"


"I screwed up! Again! You're too young to remember all the crappy things I did to your mother, I was a jerk a lot of the time and she took it! She always takes it, except now I have a divorce hangin' over my head and I'm gunna do everything in my power to make it go away!"
"Daddy..."
"Kee Bee your daddy is an a$$hole!
"No daddy! Don't say that, you're not!"
"It's true! When I feel threatened I lash out! And it's always you and your mother and your grandmother that suffer! All the women in my life, they mean so much to me! But all I do is hurt them!"


"Daddy, I need to tell you something..." Dexter was on a roll, he was letting all of his worries come tumbling out as Keira sat waiting to tell him something important.


"And now I feel like maybe Rob is the better guy but I love my freckles so much that I don't want him to be! I wanna be the good guy for a change ya know?"


"Sorry baby, what did you wanna tell me?" Keira sighed and shook her head, smiling sadly.
"It doesn't matter daddy! What matters is we're here right now, talking, and it feels so good!" Dexter smiled broadly and nodded.
"Yep, it sure does baby girl! And I never want us to stop talking ever again, I love you!"
"Love you too daddy!" Keira's announcement would have to wait and that was probably for the best! As they sat in silence once again, just enjoying each other's company, Dexter suddenly piped up,
"So when am I walking you down the aisle?"


When she arrived back at the Hayes' houseboat, Joshua was looking tense. "Well? How did it go?"
"Great, it went...so great Joshy! I have my daddy back!" she beamed as he held her hands tightly.
"Did you tell him about..."
"Us starting a family? Hell no! I just got him back I don't want him to lose it over us trying for a baby!" Keira whispered as Joshua's family sat a short distance away.


"Yeah you're probably right, I want him to like me! And me impregnating you right now would be a bad idea, maybe we should hold fire?" Keira had to agree, even though her plan had been to hurt her father initially, she now was set on the idea of having Joshua's baby! But he was right, it was too soon!


"Oh, you'll never believe it but...he wants to give me away at our wedding, that's if...you still want to..." Joshua laughed softly and squeezed her hands affectionately.
"I still want to Kee! I love you!"
"Well then, I await your proposal!"
"Oh you'll get one, when you least expect it!" he winked as Cormac's raised voice grabbed his attention.


"No Evie that was not funny at all! You're just...oh go to hell!!!"
"Cormac what the actual..."
"Butt out ass hat!" Cormac spat at Rory as he tried to stand up for their sister.
"Well he is a pansy, I heard you say it so..." Evie replied indignantly.
"Right that's enough!" Matthew bellowed at his children as Roxy looked at Cormac in disbelief.


Josh took hold of Cormac and led him upstairs out of the way. "Right what the heck was that?"
"Leave me alone!" Cormac growled.
"No way man, not until you tell me what's going on with you! I come back for one weekend and all hell breaks loose and it looks like you're at the centre of it! Yelling at Evie? Way not your style bro!" Josh was puzzled over his younger brother's outburst, Cormac never shouted at their sister!


"Yeah you're away at uni shagging Keira f*****g Maloney while I sit here and stagnate!" Josh ignored Cormac's vitriol and pushed him for some answers.
"What is going on with you???"
"Repeat yourself much?" Cormac refused to divulge what was bothering him.
"Sit down you!!!"


As the brothers sat and looked out to the ocean, Josh felt he had to help Cormac before he went back to campus in the morning. Cormac didn't want to tell anyone else, but he usually spoke to Josh when he was down. Josh simply waited for him to open up, and open up he did. "I'm seeing this girl!"
"Oh yes?"
"Her name is Rita, she just moved here, she says she has an aunt who lives in the big mansion up on the hill! So that's either Erin or Lainie!" Josh nodded knowingly.
"Kee has a cousin called Rita, she's her Aunt Liv's extremely estranged daughter and she's only 17!"


"I...I kinda like her!"
"Well, go for it! But remember she's younger than you so take things slow!" Josh warned him as he hung his head.
"There's something else, Liam's sniffing around me like a bad smell! I can't...I think he..." Josh shot up and stared his brother down.


"And he is 14! Mac, if he's following you around then you need to tell mum and dad so that they can deal with it! You're a grown man and he's a kid! This is bad!"
"He's a sweet kid though Josh! He doesn't mean any harm!"


"Mac, seriously! He's had a thing about you for years, be careful! I really think you need to tell mum and dad!" Cormac was terrified to tell his brother that there was something between himself and the young, teenage Liam. So he kept silent and agreed to tell their parents to keep him out of trouble, but all he could think about was what would happen to the sweet and sensitive boy he had become very fond of! 


Lainie was happy to receive a phone call from her daughter telling her that she and Dexter had made up! Her smile was hard to conceal as Keira told her how well things went! "Oh darling I'm so pleased! Does this mean you'll be home for Christmas now?"
"Yes mum, I will!"
"Great!" Just as she was enjoying her chat with Keira, someone outside caught Lainie's eye.


"I...I have a visitor honey I'll call you tomorrow before you set off back to uni okay?"
"Okay mum, love you! Bye!"
"Yes, love you bye bye!"


Damon and Liam were messing around upstairs and fighting over which bunk they wanted as a figure heading up the jetty caught Liam's eye. As he stepped out onto the balcony, his cousin swiftly followed him. "Liam, mate don't stand out there!"


Liam studied the young girl who embarked the houseboat. "Who's that girl Damey?"


Damon came out and joined him on the balcony and swore under his breath, "That my friend, is my cousin Rita! She's a pain in the a$$!  What the actual f**k is she doin' here??? You know she once cut off Kee's hair while she slept five Christmases ago? Bitch never even said sorry!"
"Rita...Swift?"


"That's right! Mum and Auntie Liv had a right barney! Mum blamed her for being a bad parent, said it wasn't Reet's fault but..." Liam felt sick, now he had a face to put to the name. Cormac really liked HER over HIM???


Lainie tried to make her niece feel welcome, faking a smile she greeted her at the door. "Rita, sweetie what are you doing here?"
"Hey Auntie Lainie! Surprise!"


Lainie invited her in, offered her some tea, but all Rita wanted to do was sit down. "I've been working at the cafe down the road since lunchtime and I'm knackered!"
"Where's your mum? Surely you're not here on your own?"


Rita sneered and replied bitterly, "I'm alone! Liv has a new man!"
"Oh honey..." Lainie knew her sister too well, and it was more than likely that Liv had forgotten she had a daughter in favour of some male company.


"You didn't come here by yourself? What about your dad? Have you heard from him lately?"
"No, he's loved up with some woman!" Brian Swift was a barman from Riverview that Liv and Lainie had known growing up. She got together with Brian when Lainie and Dexter got married. They eventually married too and had Rita, but it didn't last and Liv was in the arms of another not long after.


"I'm staying with one of the other waitresses, but..."
"Honey does your mum know where you are?"
"Like she cares!" Rita spat. "How's Keira?" Lainie gulped, no way did Keira want to see her cousin, not after the hair cutting incident five years ago!


Lainie smiled forcefully and replied, "She's very well! At university and she's seeing Joshua Hayes!"
"Nice!" Rita nodded, "I've got a thing going with his brother, Cormac?" Lainie felt an icy chill down her back, thinking of Liam and how hurt he had been that morning. Lainie didn't know what it was about but she suspected it involved Cormac Hayes, it usually did! And now she suspected even more that Rita's presence may be the reason!


And as Lainie chatted with her niece, her nephew stood outside in the cold studying his competition.


Liam's heart ached, this girl, she was nothing special! And yet Cormac had chosen her over him! That kiss, he could still feel it, how could he toss him aside for THAT girl??? Cormac Hayes couldn't hurt him any more if he tried!


Sunday afternoon brought Lainie, Erin, Roxy and Charlotte together for a coffee and a catch up. Erin wouldn't stop smirking at Lainie and it was starting to irritate her! "What is it?" she muttered.
"Nothing!" Erin snorted and tried to remove her smile.


Lainie turned to her best friend and tried to change the mood, "So did Kee and Josh get off alright?"
"Yep, fine. The twins came to pick them up around 8-ish this morning, Char can I do anything?" Roxy called to Charlotte who was wrestling with the coffee machine.
"No no! Andrew has upgraded this AGAIN and I swear the button gets stiffer the more he fiddles with the machine!" Charlotte grunted with a small smile on her face, still so in love with inventor Drew after all these years.


Suddenly Lainie snapped at her sister-in-law, "Seriously what is your problem???" Erin gasped a little and blinked in surprise.
"Gee, grouchy or what? You'd think that you'd be more relaxed and satisfied rather than snippy Lain!"
"What?" Lainie barked, totally confused as Roxy chipped in,
"I have no idea what you two are all about, you bicker like blood sisters you know that right?" both Lainie and Erin smiled proudly at that statement and forgot what they were actually bickering about as Charlotte finally arrived with the coffees.


"Ohhhh I need this!" she mumbled as she sipped her coffee. "Dig in girls!"
"So Erin, did you manage to get anything out of Liam when he got home?" Lainie enquired, thinking about how sad her nephew had been.
"No, he just went to his room and stayed there. Teenagers are sooooo hard, it's...exhausting!" Erin's eyes filled up but she blinked several times and picked up a coffee mug.


"Well I have all that to come...again!" Charlotte said bluntly, "But I think Isaac will be very little trouble!"
"Pah!" Lainie snorted. "Believe me Char, I thought that about Damon! And look what happened there!!!"
"Liam is more...depressed teen than delinquent!" Erin mused.


"Oh!" Lainie suddenly exclaimed, "You will never guess who came to visit me last night!"
"Brad Pitt!" Roxy butted in flatly.
"Roxanne! Liv's daughter Rita is here working in the little cafe down the road! I nearly died when I saw her coming up the jetty! Thank goodness Kee never saw her!"
"Yeah, wow!" Roxy looked rather shocked. "Where is Liv?"
"Yeah she's not here!"


"I heard Keira and Dexter Maloney had made up, how wonderful!" Charlotte beamed as Erin giggled to herself,
"Yes Dex has been doing plenty of making up!" Lainie's cheeks turned red and she turned on Erin once again.
"Okay, spill it! What is your deal???"


"No Lain you spill it! I saw you sneaking out of your old bedroom yesterday, guess who slept with Dexter!" Roxy gasped and mumbled,
"Ohhhh Lain!"
The girls sat in silence over Erin's bit of gossip, until Charlotte suddenly squealed with delight and said,
"And why not! Just how it should be!"

To Be Continued...


Thank you for reading, next time the Hayes and Maloney families clash but not over Kee and Josh! This time it's Ash and Matt locking horns! And will Lainie ever go back to Dexter? How will Rob take their tryst? Sooooon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)