Tuesday 13 March 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story


 Chapter Thirteen: Interlude, The Life & Unlife Of Lady Beatrix Smallwood.

Caleb Vatore, 700 year old vampire, made by Vladislaus Straud who in turn was made by Count Darick Bludstone! A brave, good and just vampire! A man still beating inside the shrivelled heart of a creature of the night! A family man; a father, a husband, an uncle and a brother! Soulmate to me, Trixie Smallwood, formerly Lady Beatrix Smallwood of Avery Terrace.

Caleb is a lot of things, but one thing that he is far too many times is underestimated! Tonight he will do what he has to, for the love of his daughter and wife! Tonight he will again be underestimated, undervalued and mocked...but he will have the upper hand! "Good evening Mr Vatore! What are you doing here at Straud Mansion?"
"Count Bludstone, it's a pleasure to finally meet you!"
"Likewise my grandson!"
"Well I thought we could have a drink and then have a chat..."

"...we've got a lot to catch up on...what do you say?"

"I couldn't agree more young Caleb! Come, I'm sure you have many questions!"
"Oh, just a couple...why don't we start with how you met my wife!" Darick Bludstone shall take his eyes off the ball, he shall be lulled into a false sense of security, and it will be his undoing...

NEWCREST, LATE 1700's:


Smallwood house was graced with the presence of an important visitor, "Ahhh here she is, my dear Beatrix!" Theodore Smallwood chirped at his daughter as she entered their drawing room.
"You wished to see me father?"


"Yes yes, this is Horatio Rothschild, the Duke of Rothschild's eldest son! He's come all this way just to see you!" A young man with red hair, greyish blue eyes and pot belly leaned against the wall and smirked at young Beatrix.


Beatrix did not know where to look, "To see me? I am flattered but...whatever for?"

"Hello there Lady Beatrix, I met you once when you were five and I was eight! You made me a crown of daisies and we played in the maze at the back of Rothschild Manor!"
"Oh, yes I remember! I trust that you are well Master Rothschild?" Oh did she remember alright!


"Please, call me Horatio! May I offer you my sincerest condolences on the passing of your mother, Helena. She was a true lady, and she shall be sorely missed!"
"Th-thank you-you!" Yes she was, and Beatrix missed her more and more every day!


"But my my, you are a fine young filly aren't you! You shall more than fill her dainty shoes I shall wager, Lady Smallwood!" What a vile man, he was a vile child so nothing had changed, Beatrix thought to herself.


"What is the nature of your visit Master...er...Horatio?" He smiled cockily at her and in a sing song voice replied,
"I am sure you will appreciate that we have a lot in common, yes?"
"I..."
"Shall we sit down Lady Smallwood?"


"Beatrix my dear, Horatio has come with a proposal, one that will be of great benefit to both house Smallwood and house Rothschild!"
"Father?"


Another cocky smile stretched all over Horatio's face as he explained to Beatrix why he was here in her house, "Yes, I do believe I have much to offer you Lady Smallwood, er may I call you Lady Beatrix?"
"Please, just Beatrix shall suffice." She wished he would get on with it!

"Well Beatrix, I am finding myself at a bit of a loose end..."



 Later that afternoon, as he often did, Count Darick Bludstone visited young Lady Beatrix under the pretence of checking up on his property...the house she lived in! He had bought it from her father when he had found himself to be in financial difficulty after his wife, Lady Helena passed away suddenly. "Darling Beatrix, why are you so distant?"
"Count Bludstone, I am rather unwell at the moment..."


 "I am sorry to hear that, is there anything I can do?" Count Darick was in love with Beatrix, that was obvious, but she had never reciprocated...until recently! Darick had found her to be more receptive to him and they had spent many afternoons together walking and discussing their favourite literature.
"No, there is nothing you can do sir, there's nothing anyone can do...not even me!"


"Beatrix, my dear..."
"I am to be married!"
"To whom???"
"Horatio Rothschild, son of the Duke of Rothschild!" It was like a poker to his heart! Married?


"I see, and you are unhappy about this...betrothal?" Please, be unhappy!
"Why yes, of course I am! Do you not think I should be?" Yes, yes you should!
"I think..."


"...that you should feel whichever way you see fit my darling Lady Smallwood!" Feel for me, beautiful Beatrix, me alone!
"Ever since my mother passed, my father has made up his mind that I am to marry!" Then you shall marry me!
"Then you should do as your father wishes!"


"Oh Darick..." Yes darling girl say my name, and my name alone!
"Careful..."
"I don't care, why can't it be us?" It can be, just say the word!
"Because my heart, your father dislikes me! We have been through this! Until he warms to me, we are doomed! I have to leave darling Beatrix! I shall call on you later tonight!" See that your father is wrong, and that there is only room for one man in your life...ME!


Beatrix turned to face Darick and leaned in towards his face, their lips almost touching, and said out of the blue, "Let's run away together!" Oh yes darling girl, yes!
"Oh my dear, it is a wonderful notion...do you honestly know what you are saying?" You do know, you want me and me alone!
"Yes, yes I do! I want to be with you Darick, not that beastly Rothschild!"
"And I you, my lady! I will return tonight and we can discuss this further!" You shall wait for me to come to you, and you will be certain that you love only me!
"Hurry back to me my sweet Count!"
"As you wish!" I shall, and you shall not rest until I do!


As the Count left Beatrix alone to deal with her predicament, she took out all of her anger on her father, "Father you had no right, NO RIGHT to try and marry me off to the first Duke's son that came along, I have my own life and my own plans..."
"Don't tell me, the Count! Well I told you before Beatrix, he is the reason that we had to sell the horses and let the help go! And he bought Smallwood House right under our noses when I was at my lowest ebb, or have you forgotten that? We are his tenants, he runs the show! He has taken every penny I own! Do you condone his behaviour???" Theodore despised Darick Bludstone, for he had swooped in when he was in a dark place, he was bereaved, and Darick Bludstone kicked him when he was down!


"No I..."
"You hated him when you were a youth, you couldn't stand to be around him and now? Ever since you turned 21 you've been bewitched by him!" If only Theodore knew how right he was!
"Father..."
"No you have! It's as if you are under his thrall, you are obsessed!" Thrall was correct, Beatrix had hated the Count just as much as her father when she was a teenager, now she was a young adult she was besotted with the green eyed, dark haired mystery man.


"And furthermore, I forbid you to see him! You are marrying the Rothschild boy and that is final!"
"Father..."
"NO BEATRIX THAT IS FINAL!!!"


Beatrix lay on the couch, weeping to herself. "Oh Darick, my love, take me away from all of this! Please!"


"Missy, all I want is to be with my beloved Count Darick Bludstone! But father has promised me to that pig Rothschild, the one who tried to put his hand up my dress when we were children in that dreadful maze! Oh yes I remember him! Dirty scoundrel of a man! He hasn't changed, all he wants is a beautiful wife on his arm for balls and dinner parties!" Missy was Beatrix's faithful companion, she would often tell her everything that was worrying her.


"But Darick, he loves me for who I am! He has always loved and protected me! He told me so, he is my true love, my soulmate and I shall love him forever!" Beatrix got ready for bed in a trance, and waited for her beloved Count to come to her.


And come he did, appearing out of nowhere as a black mist surrounded her bedroom, "Beatrix my love!"
"Darick, how..."
"Shh, I must speak with you, it is of the utmost importance!"


Darick sat down on Beatrix's bed and sighed deeply, "My darling girl, were you sincere when you said you wanted to be with me?" Be sincere young thing, want me!
"Yes Darick, I've never been more sincere in my life!"


"Then..." Darick looked sadly at her and continued, "...you must see my true face, you must know what I am! I am Count Darick Bludstone, I am 2000 years old, I am immortal..."


"Darick what are you saying?" Listen to me girl, understand what and who I am!
"I am a vampire! A child of the night, I drink human blood to live and I will live forever!" As if she was in a trance, Beatrix nodded in acknowledgement. "Are you ready to see the real me?" You are ready!
"Yes..."
"Will you still love me?" You love me with all of your heart and soul, you will love every part of me, even the face I keep hidden!
"Yes..."


Darick shot up to face her, "Then I shall show you...my true form!" He spun around in a dark mist but the person who stood before her was not Count Darick Bludstone as she knew him...


He hastily retreated to the door, with his back to her, Missy stared at him with confusion as Beatrix called out his name in a soft whisper..."Darick?"

 Racing towards her he threw himself on his knees and pulled her body towards him in a tight embrace, "Beatrix, my darling Beatrix please tell me this does not change how you feel about me, I am a monster...but I am your monster!" This will change nothing, you will still love me and only me!


 Beatrix covered her eyes and wept, but not because she found him to be hideous, because she could not bear the sorrow and the desperation in his voice as he clung to her for dear life. You are still devoted to me, you see only your darling Darick when you look at me! You are still under my spell and you shall remain so for all of eternity!


 Darick stood up and pulled Beatrix towards him, "Look at me!" He ordered, Yes look at me darling girl and see your man, your one true love!


 Beatrix stared up into his glowing red eyes, but she was not afraid, she was not repulsed. "Do you see me?" Yes you do, and I am your everything!
"Yes and you are my everything!"
"Do you see what I am?" You see exactly what I am!
"I See exactly what you are!" And you love me!


 "And I love you, Darick I love you!"
"Do you want to be like me? So we can live forever together?" Yes you do, you want me to make you like me, so we can always be with one another!
"Yes, Darick make me like you...so we can be together forever like you say!"


 "Oh my darling girl!" Darick breathed as he took her face in his hands, "I would love to spend an eternity with you! I chose you the minute I laid eyes on you! I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you, I have scoured the world for a companion, 2,000 years and no one has ever come close to, well..."


"...let's just say you are the first human to catch my eye and take my non-existent breath away!" Look into my eyes and love me forever! "Are you absolutely sure about this?" Yes you are, you have waited all of your life for someone like me!
"Yes I am sure Darick..." You want me to kiss you! "Kiss me Darick!"


 Darick pressed his lips to hers for the very first time, and it felt exactly how he had imagined it to be! She was soon going to be his equal, his companion to walk the earth forever! He would no longer be lonely, and she would provide him with an heir, a vampire child to seal their bond. A bond he had created with his enchantment, but she was now his no matter how he got her, she was now his and his alone!


 "Are you ready to become a creature of the night, feed upon the blood of the living and shun the daylight?" Yes you are, it is your calling and you will embrace it, you want it now!
"Yes my love, yes I do! I want you to turn me now!"


"Then you shall be, soon! And then we can be forever together! We shall roam the earth for eternity by each other's side! But you will have to wait until the full moon! Then we shall be as one!" Darick was lying, he could turn her any time, but he wanted to be sure his enchantment was holding, so he would wait two days for the full moon.


The time had finally come to turn Lady Beatrix into a vampire. Darick was both excited and apprehensive over changing the woman he loved. His thrall over her was still holding, and he hoped it would remain after she was turned.

As the clock struck midnight, Count Darick Bludstone took Lady Beatrix Smallwood out into her garden under the light of the full moon and kissed her tenderly...


...he performed the ritual...


...he drank her blood, but only enough to leave her on the edge of death...


...and then tearing his own flesh and exposing his own blood, Darick heard a small gasp escape Beatrix's lips...


"Come my love, drink!" He ordered, as he held out his bleeding wrist to her.


She drank, timidly at first, but as soon as the hot metallic liquid slid down her throat she could not get enough of it and she drank greedily.


Beatrix felt a stabbing pain in her belly and her head felt numb. She was beginning to change, in 24 hours she would be completely transformed!


Darick took hold of her, shaking her out of her trance, and whispered "We shall be as one very soon my dear girl! You shall remain this beautiful for eternity!"
"Oh Darick, I love you!"
"And I you, my pretty little fledgling!"


Darick kissed her goodbye and promised to return at the same time the following night, and they would run away together into the night...never to be seen again!

SAN MYSHUNO, LATE 1980's:


Trixie Smallwood had decided that today was the day, she was leaving him for good! No more, she would no longer be his puppet, his slave, she would be free! She just had to choose the right time to slip away!

And as she devised her plan of action in her head, he arrived home. Wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, she felt his soft lips tracing a heart shape over her neck. "Hello my darling Beatrix, did you miss me?" Darick greeted her with the usual low tone, and it made her stomach churn.


"Oh yes, like a dog misses fleas my love!" Trixie snorted, a sneer curled around Darick's lips and a flash of rage shot across his green eyes as he spun her around and dipped her towards the ground.


"Are you trying to get me aroused?" He grunted, his green eyes sparkling with excitement at the look of shock on her face. "Because you are doing very well my darling, very well indeed!"
"Oh please!" Trixie rolled her eyes, trying not to show how afraid of him she actually was.


"When am I to have the son I asked for?" It had been over 200 years and Trixie still had not produced a child for Darick. Shortly after he turned her she did conceive, but after four months, she miscarried. She never wanted to go through that again, so she made sure she wouldn't. Darick had no idea she was against having a child with him, he simply thought that they had been unlucky.


Trixie plucked up the courage to tell the truth this time, rather than give him the usual answer of soon, she replied "When hell freezes over my precious leech!" Darick growled at her and threw her aside roughly, storming out the door and leaving her there, relieved.


He sat in the living room frowning when she finally ventured out to join him. She stood looking at him for a long time, but no words were exchanged, until Darick finally spoke, "What do you want from me? All I ask is that your damned womb provide me with a son and heir, is that too much to f*****g ask???" Trixie was taken aback, but not afraid, of his outburst. He really did want this child?


"Darick I am barren!" She blurted out, as his eyes bulged with surprise.
"You lie my dear!" He shook his head, but there was doubt in his voice.
"No, we have tried for almost 200 years and still no joy! I am barren my love! Completely infertile! I understand if you wish to part ways with me..." Before she could finish he shot up and grabbed hold of her hand.


Pulling her into his arms, he shook his head with such tenderness that even Trixie began to doubt herself, she had to be strong, she was leaving and that was final! "My darling girl, you are the love of my life! If we cannot have the child I desire, then I would rather have you, the woman I desire above everything and everyone! I would not know how to go on if I did not have you by my side!" Ouch, Trixie thought.


This was going to be so hard, but as he kissed her so tenderly, she focused on all the despicable things he had done over the centuries they had been together. The first thing he did when he came to collect her that night so long ago, was to slaughter her father and her beloved dog. He then murdered the entire Rothschild family in a matter of seconds and forced her to drink Horatio, her betrothed, dry! He later admitted that her mother did not fall down the stairs to her death as she and her father had believed, no Darick had given her a little push! He had killed everyone she had ever loved!


And as she faked another flirty smile, she pictured finding her mother at the bottom of the stairs with a gaping expression on her face, her blue skin and black fingernails as her body lay in a twisted position no living human could ever endure. She pictured the scene as she and Darick rode out of town, her loved ones, their dead bodies strewn all over Newcrest, the blood running down the streets, her father's cries as Darick sank his teeth into his neck and drained every drop of blood from his body. Theodore Smallwood wept for his dead wife and daughter as this monster killed him in front of her! No nothing had changed...

...and after yet another afternoon of giving Darick the carnal pleasures he demanded, Trixie made up her mind that if she didn't go now, she never would!


Darick slept deeply after love making, it was the perfect time to fade away into the city crowds and never come back.


Trixie watched him sleep, how peaceful and handsome he looked...almost angelic! But even the devil was an angel once, and Darick Bludstone was no angel! His thrall had faded decades ago, she only remained with him through fear and loneliness, he had destroyed her old life and taken everyone she held dear away from her.


She had no doubt that she was doing the right thing, even in daylight she would risk burning just to get away from him.


But San Myshuno was a fairly sheltered city, if she kept to the shadows she would survive, and she had no intentions of returning!


"Okay Trixie, now or never!" She mumbled to herself as she approached the elevator, and her freedom...


Darick awoke with a grumbling tummy. He was hungry for some tasty virgin blood, O Positive if available. "Beatrix my dear? Half an hour until sundown and then we can hunt!" He called to Trixie, assuming she was still in the flat they shared. "Beatrix?" He curled up his lip as he scanned the room, her belongings were missing.


"You silly, silly girl going out in the afternoon sun, do you really hate me that much? You dare to leave me??? Why I...HOW DARE..."


Darick let out a painful howl as he realised that his companion of 200 years had deserted him. "BEATRIX!" He shrieked, a mixture of rage and heartbreak consumed his entire body and he roared her name over and over again!


"You WILL return to me! YOU WILL!!!" He bellowed, but that would be the last time Count Darick Bludstone would see Lady Beatrix Smallwood...for another 30 years!

 By his request, Darick has given Caleb his version of our torrid romance over the past 200 years! My darling husband already has mine, perhaps he is sizing his grandsire up, who knows! "Ahhh, young Beatrix was always a handful! Careful my dear grandson, or you may wake up one day to find she has gone ahahahaha!" 
"I seriously doubt that will happen!" Caleb mumbles, he knows me far too well and he knows that my love for him is true, that it came from my heart and not an enchantment!


"Yes, she was...shall we say, a willful girl! I loved her more than any creature on this planet and she despised me! I would give anything to have her back in a heartbeat!"
"You never had her in the first place!" Caleb seethes.
"You say potato..." Darick chuckles and swirls the blood around in his glass.

 Caleb finishes his own drink as they stand in awkward silence. "Thank you for your time Count Bludstone, I appreciate it!"
"Not at all, anything for family!"


Caleb turns to Darick and takes him in for one last time, "Enjoy your drink! I'll be on my way now!"
"Don't be a stranger!" Darick laughs softly as Caleb fights every fiber in his body that wants to smack him in the mouth.



Caleb leaves before he gives in to his urges. And having drained every drop of the glass of blood dry, Darick feels very strange...

...very strange indeed!

 As Caleb is leaving the mansion, he sees our daughter staggering towards the front steps. "Esme?" He turns around and grabs her by the wrist.


"Ahhh daddy!" Esme mumbles, she seems drunk, but Caleb knows she is under Darick's thrall like her mother before her.
"Oh my God Esme! Hold on sweetheart daddy will fix you!"


 Caleb may be younger and less experienced than Darick, but ever since Vlad threatened our family he has been in training. He easily breaks the enchantment Darick has over our daughter and she is back to her old self.


 A little dazed and unsure why she is standing outside Straud Mansion, Esme stares into Caleb's face with confusion. "Daddy?" He explains everything, and after hearing who Rick Stone really was from me, Esme is even more disgusted by him. "So, he messed with my mind???" Her voice is shrill and panicked.


 "Yes honey, but you're safe now, he's out of your head! Let's go home sweetie!"
"NO!" She blurts out, and Caleb gets a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, did he really manage to get every piece of that enchantment out of her?


 "He has to tell my WHY!" Esme weeps, "I need closure, I loved him once! And even after mum told me who he was, I still loved him, that just doesn't go away overnight but...no this is too much! Messing with my head is unacceptable! Not only did he murder my grandparents over 200 years ago, but he made my mother's life a living hell! And you daddy, I am ashamed I ever loved that monster!" She uses the same word as I do to describe him, that will hurt him more than anything, and I am glad of it!


 Esme assures Caleb she will be fine, he has his doubts. But before he can talk her out of it, she is entering the mansion and seeking out Darick Bludstone.


 But what she finds shocks her, the former Count Vladislaus Straud is lying in a heap on the basement floor. "Vlad?" Esme mutters and nudges him gently with the toe of her shoe.


 It has been over an hour since Darick sent me the visions of Esme waiting outside for him, and I have seen every moment he has spent with Caleb too! Perhaps he had intended to murder my husband as well as my mother and father, who knows, but he kept the channel between my mind and his open during their catch up. "Esme what have you done?" I ask her in astonishment, how did Vlad get like this? And how long has he been like this?
"I didn't do anything I swear! I found him like this!"
"He's been turned!" I nod at him as he mumbles in his stupor.


 I Suddenly draw my daughter in for a hug, "Where is your father?"
"He left a minute ago, mum Rick...Darick, he put me under some kind of spell!" She weeps in my arms.
"I know my darling, I know only too well! Come, let's go home before Vlad wakes up! This is not going to end well, Darick has turned him back and we are in trouble!"


"But mum..."
"No Esme, it's too dangerous to be here! We must go!"


 As we are leaving I sense him...I smell him! He is nearby! "Esme, go! NOW!" I shout, but it is too late, he appears beside us with a pout.


 "My darling Esme, what is this? Why are you leaving and WHY is SHE here? You hate her, she is trying to come between us and you love me, she is an obstacle you must erase!" Esme laughs bitterly,
"Darick, your thrall is gone!"
"What are you talking about my dear girl? YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH ME AND YOU WILL KILL FOR ME!" Esme continues to laugh as I intervene.


 "Darick? You underestimate your grandson! Caleb has destroyed your enchantment and Esme is no longer under your control!"
"Shut your mouth you despicable old hag!" He spits at me.
"Mother, leave us a moment please?" I nod warily and comply.


 Esme and Darick are in a heated discussion, he seems to be begging her. A tactic he tried with me on several occasions to get me to stay by his side.


 "Don't you udnerstand my dear Esme, I am NOTHING without you!" He growls.
"Darick..."
"I love you my sweet, you are my life and without you I would rather die!!!"



 "You have no power over me anymore Darick, we are over! I do not want to see you ever again! And anyway how sick are you trying to date your great granddaughter?" She chuckles and it angers him even more.


 "You will regret this, I will destroy you...ugh...all!" His breathing is laboured, he seems weaker than I have ever seen him. Perhaps it is age, perhaps he is sick. Whatever is wrong, he really is not himself, the old Darick would have slaughtered both of us by now!


 He slinks away down the steps, muttering away to himself. I should feel relieved but I am worried over his behaviour. Esme merely smiles, she is indeed relieved, no longer under his control and young and naive, she thinks we truly are safe. "Let's go home mum!"


As Darick watches us with a scowl on his face, I get the feeling that this is far from over. We will never be able to get on with our lives until Count Darick Bludstone is no more!


 The look of murderous intent on his face is unmistakable! Esme says "Goodbye Darick, have a nice afterlife!" And we leave him standing there, balling his fists in fury. I wonder why he is not killing us right now, what is stopping him? I am feeling even more uneasy than ever as I turn to look at him one more time, his shoulders slump but his balled fists remain, he is a shadow of his former self...what has happened?

VLADISLAUS STRAUD'S P.O.V:


 He enters my home once again, he is no longer the cocky swaggering monster he once was. "Show your dark form Bludstone, I challenge you to a duel!" I announce as he looks at me with amusement.
"You are awake???" Is all he can say, yes I am no longer under his spell, I am free of his mental prison! He is surprised to see my dark form again after all these years, and he struggles to change himself...


 ...however, never one to turn down a battle, he comes at me with determination. "Your return to the underworld shall be short lived my son!" He cackles, and shoots forward.


 We brawl for the first time, and even though I am newly turned, I still have my Grand Master title. I still retained all of my skills and powers! The only thing that has changed is my dark form. I am younger, I am stronger, I am a match for the old man for once!


 I have the upper hand, I plant my fist in his jaw with my right hand and ram a wooden stake through his heart with my left.


 He lets out a painful roar and falls to his knees. He has ripped the stake out of his chest and thrown it on the ground, but the tip remains in his heart.


 "Why my dear Vladislaus, I did not see that coming, bravo!" He whimpers, I feel no remorse! I feel nothing but relief as the creature who took away my wife and daughter and turned me is reduced to this!


 "You will never hurt anyone ever again!" I seethe.
"Vlad my son..."
"I AM NOT YOUR SON! You are not my my maker this time! My loyalty lies with another who is more worthy than you!"


 "I...see..." His words are a mere whisper, the light in his red eyes is fading and he is dying! "Well...victory is yours...Vladislaus! Elizabette and little Faye would be very proud!" He dares to speak my wife and daughter's names to me after all of this time! I am glad he will be dead shortly.


 What strength he has left, he uses to disappear into a mist...


 ...and I head over to my pipe organ, I shall play a melody of victory and freedom! I will not watch him die, but I will not mourn for him either!



 A few hours later, I find his body on the cold, hard floor of my basement. He looks so frail and small, not the evil abomination I remember.


 I bury him in front of the house, an unmarked gravestone on top of him. And then I do mourn! I regret taking a life, no matter who's it is, such is the new soul that I have and the moral blood flowing through my veins!


 A voice behind me startles me, "I'm so sorry for your loss!"


 I am immediately on the defensive, until I see her! The radiant Miss Esme Smallwood, third born child of Trixie and Caleb Vatore. She is beautiful, and her concerned expression melts my heart!


 "Oh he was...no one!" I reply flatly, I am captivated by this girl!
"I just wanted to see if you were okay, the last time I saw you was in your basement with your butt in the air!" She giggles, and my pale face flushes, she must have witnessed my transition!
"I...yes-yes I was not at my best my dear!"


 I suddenly feel the urge to pull her in for a hug, and I hear her mumbling a surprised "Oh!" as I do so. "I'm so glad you're okay, my mum told me not to come because she said you would hurt me but..." I step back and look her in the eyes.


 "Miss Smallwood I could never do that!"
"I told her that, but she thinks you're some kind of animal who..." I cut her off quickly as the sun rears its ugly head.
"She has every right my sweet girl, I was an animal once, but now I am reformed!"


 "Well I'm glad you are okay!" She nods with a sweet smile on her perfect face.
"I am, and you shall be too...in time!"
"When mum said Darick had turned you back I..." Once again I stop her in her tracks.


 "Oh no my dear, Darick Bludstone was my first maker but not my second!" Her eyes widen as she looks me up and down with shock.
"Then...who..."
"Well technically I am your brother now!"
"Mum..."
"No my dear, the maker now becomes the made! I am a child of Caleb Vatore!" She seems surprised by this, her father turned me that is true. He did what he did for love, for his wife and for his daughter. And he gave me just enough of his soul to feel how he feels. "Now young Miss Smallwood, you'd best get home before the sun is over the hills yes?"


 She nods, spins around and takes off down the hill back to Wolfsbane Manor. I was sitting in my basement, just home from my work at the police station, when Caleb Vatore removed an enchantment I had been in since Darick Bludstone had arrived at my mansion. He told me that he needed my help, he explained everything and asked my permission to be turned again. I agreed, I felt everything, but most importantly I felt the heartbreak of one young Esme Smallwood! And I fell in love with her there and then...


...I made a vow to protect her at any costs, I declared my love for her to myself as I drove that stake through Darick's heart! I may have a difficult task ahead to show her that I can be good, but with Caleb's blood running through my veins, I know I can be a better man!

TO BE CONTINUED...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)