Thursday 3 May 2012

Guild of Rejects: Episode Three

"So break my bones and throw your stones, we all know that life ain't fair but there is more of us we're everywhere..." (Shinedown, Bully)

 "So what's in the little bag?" April asked Sarah curiously,
"A present! I thought they would come in handy..."

 "...so that you can touch!"

 "I...I don't know what you mean Sarah..."
"Oh please just put them on will ya?" April opened the little bag and pulled out what looked like a crumpled up ball of leather, it was in fact a pair of gloves!

 "You like 'em?" Sarah asked in an almost whisper, she seemed to be listening out for something!
"They...ummm..."

 "How did you know?"
"I can feel you! I feel your power...a succubus is a very powerful supernatural creature you know!
"A what???"

 "April, do you not know what you are?"
"I'm...I'm cursed!"
"No honey, you're a succubus! The child of a demon and a human! You have the power to bring a mortal man to his knees...have him love and adore you with his dying breath! It's your touch...once you touch them they're under your thrall! But tell me you knew all this!
"No! My brother just told me our family was cursed and that our father was the one who passed the curse to us!"

Sarah let out a little laugh, "Oh sweetie there is no curse! Look I can help you manage this and I'm here for you okay? Just wear the gloves when you're around the male population okay? We don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry following you home like lost puppies now do we?"
"Thank you Sarah! You've been a very good friend to me!"


Nathan finally arrived home...the day after he had gone to check on April! He often did this, but it didn't stop his older brother worrying!
 "Job done, she's fine!"
"Just as well! Where have you been since yesterday anyway?"
"Oh come on Dane can't you cut me some slack for once?"

 "Did you tell the girl to keep quiet?"
"Her name is April and no I didn't..."
"Nathan we can't have a civilian running around telling tales of vampires!"

 "I didn't get to talk to her because Avery was there, the big jerk! Sittin' there drinkin' coffee with her, pfft!"
"Oh my God Nate..."

 "...YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON THE REDHEAD!!!"
"WHAT???"

 "I...do...not! Shut up! I mean...she's sweet and all but...oh screw you!"

 "Nathan! Come on..."
"Drop dead you big dummy!"

 "He likes her!"

 That night, an unwelcome guest arrived on April's doorstep...
"Hey there girlfriend!"
"Oh...hello, you're Sarah's high school friend right?"
"That's right..." the girl replied in a saccharine sweet tone!

 "I'm curious red! I've been trying to bag that tall, dark and handsome barman from Abracadavar for months and you turn up and turn his head in minutes...tell me cutie...do you think that's fair?"
"Ummm..." April didn't like this girl one bit, a scorned female was something one should avoid! She decided to go indoors before things got ugly!

 Unfortunately she was too late as Sarah's former friend produced an ugly looking doll...
"Look um...Marion? I really have stuff to do so..."
"It's Madison! You know honey, once I'm finished with you? Avery won't look twice at you ever again!"
Suddenly a pain shot through April's body as the girl cackled wickedly...

 ...April had never felt pain like it, as if someone was stabbing her in the heart with a hot poker! All of a sudden she mustered up what strength she had to punch the doll out of Madison's hand...

 ...overcome with rage she put her hands around her throat and screamed in her face...
"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???"
"M-ugh-m--huhn!"

 "Shut up!"
"Dere's a man *cough* behind *gag* Uuuugh...nyooo!"

 April quickly let go of Madison as the man behind them slumped to the ground with an arrow in his back!
"HEY! You girls okay?" a voice called from across the street...

 ...it was the two guys from the club, Nathan and...April didn't know the other man's name...
"Fine! A little shaken but...fine!" April mumbled as Madison stood shocked on the spot still coughing after her choking!

 "Aww he just went down, no fight...nuthin!" growled Nathan as he danced around punching the air pretending to be Mike Tyson!
"I think we need to get out of here girls!" Dane said in a low voice, someone running behind them made both the brothers jump...

 "Oh God!" Avery gulped, "Guys you really need to get gone!"
"Oh well done smart ass! Ya think? One of these clones came after us this afternoon too!" Nathan spat as Avery turned to face Dane with a worried look...

 "Matheus Roche has put out a hit on all of you! Everybody who was at the club the night Nathan..."
"How many of these goons has he got?"
"As many as he wants! Seriously Dane you all need to get out of here and fast!"

 Nathan's face fell as he headed next door, "I'd better check on Sarah!"
"Avery? Are you playin' us?"
"I can understand why you would think that but believe me I want out and Matheus Roche won't let me go!"

 Nathan arrived back with a panicked expression, "She's not there! I think he got her! All the lights are on and she ain't answerin'...it is NOT like her at all!"

 "No that's not possible! Matheus' clones always burn down the houses after..."
"Yeah yeah that's real entertaining Avery, what I wanna know is..."

 ...are you with us or not?"

 "Doctor? Oh thank goodness, it's not looking good! Please, you must come over at once...she's...not breathing!"

 "Please my love! Wake up! We have much to do today!"

 "Very well my darling, I shall carry you...we can go and feed the ducks in the pond!"

"Once the doctor arrives she'll make it all better, you'll see!"

 "Doctor Vale?"

 "Mr Roche, I was just about to..."
"I'm here on behalf of the master, he grows...impatient shall we say?"

 "How is the project coming along?"
"Well coincidentally I'm heading over there right now to see how it is progressing!"

 "Very good Doctor! Let us hope it is progressing well..."

"...or we're both dead!"

 "No...no...get...off..."

 Sarah Cairns was having a very bad nightmare...at least she thought it was a nightmare! As she began to stir the smell of damp wallpaper wafted over her, and then she realised...it wasn't a nightmare!

 As she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw when she lifted her head was a young man looking rather worried beside her. When he heard her mumble "What the f..." he quickly jumped up and stood facing her...

 "Oh thank God you're awake!"

 As she stared up at the stranger, her jeans as damp as the couch she was lying on, she let out a scream!

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder what Sarah is doing there. Great as always

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)