Saturday 6 July 2013

Love Drunk: Chapter Sixteen

Dexter Maloney's life hangs in the balance as Lainie anxiously waits for him to wake up! After saving dozy Selena from getting knocked down, Dexter was hit by the car himself and now lies unconscious on a hospital bed! What will it take for him to come round? Is Lainie's love and devotion going to be enough?

Lainie Robertson had vowed to sit with Dexter Maloney until he woke up, that was two days ago and she had hardly moved since.

Erin and Selena were hovering around outside, Selena desperate to see her hero and Erin genuinely concerned about both Dexter and Ashton.

"Oh Ashton! Can I see my Dexter now?" Selena pouted and blinked back the tears as Ash gave her a dirty look.
"He wouldn't be in there if it wasn't for you!"

"Ash? I'm here if you need me, how is Dexter?" Erin gave him a sympathetic smile as he looked down at the ground and replied,
"Just go away Selena, you've done enough damage!" 


He turned and left the girls alone in the hall to be with his brother...

...as Erin's eyes filled up, Ash's cold shoulder proving too much for her to bear!

When Ash returned to Dexter's room, Lainie was singing to him and stroking his hand. As he leaned on the curtain and listened, he discovered she was a lovely singer, he could imagine Dexter doing a duet with her, how cute that would sound. He kept back and listened to the words,
"I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more!"
"Christina Perri right?" Lainie jumped out of her skin at the sudden sound of Ash's voice.

"Oh my gosh! Ashton!" she breathed and clasped her hand on her heart.
"Sorry!" he blushed and sat down across from her.

"I didn't mean to scare you kiddo!"
"It's okay!" she sighed and smiled faintly, "I'm just so...I dunno I'm on edge all the time! I just want him to wake up and say 'hey freckles' to me, then I'll know everything will be okay!"


"How about I go and get us some coffee, how does that sound?"
"It sounds wonderful!"


Ash got up and took a quick look at his brother, then at Lainie and said "I'll be right back honey, look after him for me eh?"


As soon as Ash left her alone, Lainie broke down. "Oh Dexy! Please!" she wept. "Please wake up! I..." she leaned in close to him and whispered in his ear "..I love you!"

When Ash returned with coffee, he could see that she had been crying. "Right cutie, go home! Get some rest! Have a nice warm bath!"
"But..."
"I'll call you if there is any change! I promise!" Lainie did as Ash told her and headed home, but not before giving Dexter a small kiss on the forehead.

Charlotte was making Drew some ice cream to cheer him up, she'd never seen him so upset! It was obvious how much he cared for Dexter, they'd been like brothers since they were very young boys and seeing him like that had hit him hard. She tried her best to keep things positive, but Drew was convinced he was going to lose his best friend!

It was Drew who was left with the difficult task of cancelling all their upcoming gigs and the proprietors were none too pleased! He couldn't stand to be at the hospital so this was a better alternative for him. 


Charlotte had been amazing, she'd taken care of him and even let him sleep on her couch as he couldn't bear going home to an empty flat. Ash had never left the hospital, and Drew felt bad for taking the coward's way out! But it was Lainie's reaction that had surprised them all the most! How she refused to leave Dexter's side the whole time.

Drew had met Roxy a couple of times and she was genuinely concerned for her friend, as was Alex. Neither of them had seen her since Charlotte had appeared with the news two days ago. Roxy had closed the diner, no point in opening without Lainie!

Roxy had called Lainie of course, she was weepy and sounded very tired. When she spoke to Ash he was worried about her, she refused to leave. The only time she would get up was for bathroom breaks or to let the doctors do tests. Roxy thought about going there and supporting her...

...but that would mean leaving HIM alone in their flat! Yes Alex was popping over every day to see if Lainie was back. He didn't seem to grasp the severity of the situation and mocked Dexter's predicament at every turn. Roxy truly wished that this accident, however awful and frightening, would be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as Dexter and Lainie's feelings for each other were concerned.

"Where is she?" Alex grumbled. Roxy had phoned Lainie this morning just as she was leaving the hospital. But she had yet to return home!
"Patience is a virtue Alexander!" Roxy replied, although she was worried about her best friend!

Lainie sat on a swing, just thinking. What if she never got to tell Dexter...

...she couldn't face the building just yet. She didn't want a constant reminder of Dexter, because everywhere around that block of flats was Dexter! 

If she went into the diner she'd be reminded of how hard he worked to get it up and running. 

If she went into the lobby she'd be reminded of the first time they met, their hands touching and the electricity firing off of them. 

If she went upstairs to his landing she'd be reminded of the night she told him off for making too much noise. Everything was a part of Dexter!

"What if he never wakes up?" She mumbled to herself.
"What if a plane falls out of the sky and lands right on top of you!" A voice answered her...

"What then huh freckles?" Dexter was smiling right at her.
"Dexy?" She rubbed her eyes and looked again.
"Nah, I'm not really here. I'm your sleep deprived brain going into overdrive." He chuckled.

"It's not funny, what am I going to do without you?"
"Aw man, you really do have me dead and buried don't ya freckles?"
"No I..." She stammered.


"Relax baby, I was just teasin' ya!" He waved a hand and smiled to himself. "Thing is..." He looked her in the eyes, "...you said you loved me didn't you? And when, yes I said WHEN, I wake up you're gunna have to deal with this! Cuz I might have heard you and then what?"

Lainie thought for a moment, realising full well that this Dexter that sat next to her was her thoughts speaking out loud. "I'll just come clean, I'll tell you the truth I'll..." 


Dexter interrupted, "What about Alex?"


"He'll never be YOU!" As soon as the words left her lips, she gasped in surprise as imagination Dexter winked cheekily at her and was gone. 


"He'll never be you!" She repeated and headed home.

Lainie arrived back at her flat feeling weary. The last thing she needed was to be pestered by a jealous Alex. "How is he?" He asked casually as Roxy gave her a hug.


"Same, Ashton said he'd ring if there was any change." Lainie replied sadly as she thought about heading for her room to change.
"Oh Lain! I'm so sorry!" Roxy gave her a sympathetic smile and rubbed her arm.

Alex let out a tutting sound and sneered, "So is this you back now or..." Lainie could hardly believe what she was hearing.
"What? No I..."


"Because you're spending way too much time there, I mean you went to the hospital two days ago and that was it, I never saw you again! Surely you've done your duty by now?" Lainie was almost struck dumb as Roxy intervened,
"Alex back off!" Just as she'd said it, Lainie butted in, showing her friend she could stand up for herself.

"My duty? MY DUTY???" She could feel the red mist begin to rise, anger boiling up inside her. Dexter was lying in a hospital bed, it was touch and go whether he would ever regain consciousness, how could Alex be so cold???

"Lainie, I've played along to this farce for long enough. I get it that he's your friend, but I'm your BOYFRIEND! I should be your main priority right now, me! Or is there something you're not telling me."
"ALEX!" Roxy warned him once more. But again Lainie could more than defend herself.
"Like what?" Lainie spat, before Alex could reply Lainie's phone rang, it was Ash.

"Ashton? Is everything okay?" Panic in her voice, Lainie waited to hear the worst. "Oh! I'll be right there!" Alex gave out yet another tutting sound as Lainie headed out the door, no time to change her clothes now.

"WHAT???" Alex yelled in frustration. Lainie turned to him with a look of disdain as Roxy spoke up,
"Lain? Is everything okay?"
"He's awake!" Lainie replied, turned heel and rushed out of the door.

When she arrived at Dexter's room, he was sitting up smiling and laughing with his brother and best friend. Avril stood at her son's bedside with a look of relief on her face. When she spotted her in the doorway she smiled and said to Dexter, "Look who's here to see you!"

Lainie rushed to him as he turned to look at her. Just as she was about to give him a hug, she noticed his confused expression and stopped in her tracks. "Hey Dexy!" She gave him an apprehensive smile as he smiled back.
"Hey!" He replied, still looking confused.

But just as she was about to speak again, Dexter added "I'm sorry, who are you?"

As silence engulfed the room and Lainie's heart sank to her stomach!

Oh dear me, Dexy is awake but...he can't remember his freckles! What will happen next? Chapter seventeen coming soooooon!!! ;)



5 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I hope he remembers her and I really hope she gets rid of that awful Alex!! Awesome!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex will be around for a while I'm afraid, but in what capacity...I couldn't possibly say! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh noes!!! He doesn't remember her :( I hope he'll get his memory back soon ^_^ wonderful as always!!! that is something great to find after a whole sims-stories-less week :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad!!!!! I love this but I really wish they'd just get on with the loving! lol. They're so cute..... I know the story has to go on for a while.... but i wish they'd just kiss and admit! lol. Bravo. Lovely as always! Can't wait for more <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it will go on for a while, it doesn't mean they won't...oh I've said too much! >.< ;)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)