Saturday 1 November 2014

In Celebration of 50,000 Views! Love Drunk: Reminiscing!

Welcome to this special edition of Love Drunk. Set between the original story and the sequel, Dexter Maloney is in hospital after suffering a heart attack. His 18 year old daughter Keira visits daily and loves to hear about his relationship with her mother before she was born. So read on as Dexter reveals what happened the day Lainie turned away from the plane and came back to him, the night he and Lainie were trapped in the broken lift, Dexter's break-up with Rosalie, and a little sneak into some unmentionables...


***Author's note***
My apologies for the lack of hospital pictures, my game crashed and the room wasn't saved so I just repeated the three pictures I had so I could get this special out this weekend!

"You comfy?" Keira Maloney mumbled to her father after adjusting his pillows.
"Yes mother!" Dexter Maloney mocked and got a playful tap on the head for his troubles, secretly he was loving all the attention he was getting from his 18 year old daughter. He wasn't loving his heart going crazy to get it though. "Is your mother here?" he asked curiously. Lainie Maloney had been rather distant as of late, he wasn't sure whether it was her way of coping with what had happened over a week ago. How they had fought over Dexter's now sacked assistant, Erica Daniels. The stress and strain of the whole situation had caused Dexter to have a heart attack after ignoring several days of chest pain. Keira sat down on the side of the bed and eyed her father with an annoyed expression. 
"Daddy you have to take things easy, and mum just wants you to get better so she's staying out of the way." Dexter squeezed his eyes shut and sighed. All he wanted was his freckles.
"I get it, she's still mad about Erica." he nodded as Keira protested.
"No daddy, she's not. If anything she's mad at herself! Anyway enough of that green eyed monster, and I mean Erica by the way not mum, tell me about the day you went to get us at the airport!"
"Nothing to tell!" Dexter shrugged, but looking at his daughter's face, he knew she wanted to know every last detail...again!
"Okay, I went to the airport after getting an earful from your uncle Ash. When I got there the plane had left. I was gutted! Then I heard your little voice shouting daddy and it melted my heart. You were standing there with tears down your face reaching out to me. It was the most amazing feeling seeing you there, you and your mother!" Keira let out a tiny giggle, although she'd heard this story a hundred times before, she never got bored of it.
"So what happened when we got back home? Did she fall into your arms? Tell you how much she loved you? Did you go down on one knee and propose? Tell me!" Keira bounced up and down gently on her father's bed.
"Not exactly!" Dexter chuckled softly. "It was...awkward!" Keira tilted her head and gave him a confused look.
"How could it possibly be awkward daddy? You'd just stopped the love of your life from leaving! I'd be over the moon!" Dexter smiled at his daughter, so young. She saw the world as an uncomplicated place.
"Okay, you wanna know what happened?" Keira nodded excitedly, "After a very silent and uncomfortable drive...we got home and that's when things got a little...weird! You were happy but tired so I put you in your swing for a nap. Your mother was being very quiet having said very little on the drive back." Dexter closed his eyes as if he were conjuring up an old memory...

17 years earlier...

"So how does it feel to be home?" Dexter called to Lainie as she surveyed her flat, the one she was so certain she could leave behind a few hours ago.
"Odd!" Was all she could find to say back.

"Well Keira seems to be happy enough!" Dexter chuckled as he listened to his daughter giggle and wiggle her legs with delight in her swing.


Suddenly he spun around and marched straight towards her, taking her face in his hands he kissed her tenderly as little Keira dozed off behind them.


Lainie returned the kiss, but at the same time she withdrew a little too. She was so unsure of where they went from here. All she was sure of was how much she enjoyed being this close to Dexter again.


Dexter never wanted to let her go, he knew that at some point very soon he had to come up for air, but he was so into kissing her at that moment that he couldn't care less if he suffocated from it. She had her hands on his back and her lips were just as forceful as his. The scent of her perfume lingered in his nostrils and her raspberry lip gloss had never tasted so good.


When he eventually found the willpower to let her go, she looked sad. "Baby what is it? Talk to me!" Lainie stared off into space and didn't answer, and Dexter was worried she was regretting choosing him over her new job and new life in Bridgeport.


"I think we need to have a sit down and...oh freckles I love you! Please, whatever happens, remember that!"


Lainie and Dexter took off their coats and sat down as their daughter continued to sleep in her swing, oblivious to the awkward silence between her parents. "So, wanna tell me what's bothering you?" Dexter looked into her eyes, trying to make some kind of connection, but she was focusing on the wall.


"I..." Lainie mumbled, sniffed back a tear, then continued. "...Dexy I'm scared."
"Of me???" Dexter's voice was more high pitched than he'd intended, but he didn't like the thought of her being scared of anything or anyone!
"No of course not!" she tutted. "I'm scared of this...this thing we've just taken on! This...commitment! What does it all mean? Are we a couple or are we still just the parents of a child?"


"Evelyn!" Dexter sighed heavily. "I thought I made myself pretty clear on many occasions over the past week! I love you, I've loved you since the day you arrived here! That never changed, I wanted to marry you then and I still want to marry you now! So let me phone Ash and get him to take Kee Bee overnight and we can...have some time alone, huh?"


Lainie smiled slightly at the sound of her Christian name, more importantly the sound of it rolling out of Dexter's perfect, pretty mouth. "Dexy, how can you be sure it's me you want? Can you really settle for dowdy little  me?" Dexter moved over to the couch and sat next to her, pressing up against her as she shuffled over slightly, embarrassed.


"Freckles? You and me? It's all of my dreams come true! You're the one, I told you before! Why don't you believe me? Do you think I'm that stupid that I don't know my own heart and soul?"
"Of course not!" Lainie blushed, "But for you to love me, isn't that just a bit of an anti-climax?" Dexter winked and gave her a cheeky smile.
"No baby it was not, as I recall we blew the top off that lift freckles!" he laughed softly and grabbed hold of her, pulling her close so he could breathe in her scent once more.


"Oh freckles!" he nuzzled her neck and felt her shiver at his touch, as she placed her hand on his he knew now for sure that she wasn't afraid of him at all!
"Dexy, can we really make this work?"


"Baby we can more than make it work, we can make it legendary! Now let me call my brother, he can give us some alone time and we'll see where the night takes us, what do you say?"

Ashton arrived within minutes of the call and wasted no time welcoming Lainie back. "Oh I'm so glad you changed your mind!" he whispered into her ear as she giggled.
"Me too Ash! Me too!"


Dexter looked sheepishly at his brother and cut in, "We were wondering if you and Erin could take Kee Bee for the night, give us a little...time alone?"


Ash smiled back, understanding perfectly what Dexter meant and nodded. "Sure, quality time with my niece? I think I might have the better end of the deal here, you're stuck with Dexter Lain hehe!"


Ash scooped up Keira as she giggled and brightened at the sight of him. "Wanna come for a sleepover with Uncle Ashy and Auntie Erin?"
"Dadeee!" Keira cooed at Dexter.
"Since when did she say actual words?" Ash demanded as he bounced her in his arms. "Never mind I can see you two have a lot to catch up on..."


Ash took Keira across the landing to his own flat and called back to his brother, "Have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't do!"
"Well that leaves us with very little!" Dex retorted.


Finally alone with her, Dex took her hands and gave her a cheeky smile. "What?" she smiled back, it was infectious.
"I'm just...so excited to be alone with you! Now I have you all to myself, what am I gunna do with you, huh freckles?" he gave her one of those adorable winks as he squeezed her hands playfully.


Lainie pulled gently free from him and answered his question. "Well..." she began, "...I want you to go to my room and wait for me. I'll be about five minutes okay?" Dexter raised both eyebrows, something he rarely ever did, but she had caught him by surprise.
"And what shall I do while I wait?"
"Imagine you're in the lift?" Lainie blushed and shot into the bathroom as Dexter did as she asked and waited in her room for her.


Evelyn Dawn Robertson had been given a few items of underwear by Alex Wilder, her ex-boyfriend. Mostly Valentine gifts during their first courtship at university. The first outfit was the one she wore for Dexter's portrait, it worried her that he and Alex both liked that particular ensemble, but she remembered that all men liked women to wear something...skimpy at times. This second set was a birthday present from Alex and she had never worn it, surprisingly she liked it and after they broke up, she was saving it for a special occasion...


...although she wondered if she was doing such a pretty piece of lingerie justice. Dexter had never seen her naked before but he had seen her in her underwear. Their fully clothed fumble in the lift was not exactly the skin-to-skin contact that Lainie had experienced with Alex, and she had to remember that before Dexter in the lift...Alex had been the only guy she'd ever slept with. Examining herself in the mirror and up and down, she hoped that Dexter would be able to love all of her. Could she match up to perfect Jenna, the lovely Rosalie and the rather nuts but slender Selena?


"Here goes nothing!" she breathed and made her way to the bedroom where her pretty boy awaited her.


Dexter was rather nervous. This was it! Finally he and Lainie were going to...what were they going to do? Was he being presumptuous? Did she just want to talk? Goodness was he nervous!


As he lay back on the bed, his heart pounding and his legs feeling like jelly, the door creaked open and she appeared.


"Hello Dexy!" she greeted him, so quietly he could hardly hear her. Or maybe he could hardly hear her because he could barely concentrate! She was so beautiful, his pounding heart continued but his legs began to work and he sat up, never taking his eyes off of her.


"Evelyn! Wow!" was all he could manage to utter. Although he found her positively radiant in that outfit, he was going to enjoy getting her out of it!


"Oh Evelyn!" he grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, their bodies pressed together. She swung an arm around his neck and let out the sweetest sigh he'd ever heard.
"Dexy, I don't know if I've ever said this but..."


"...I love you!" Dexter wanted to cry as he heard those words come from her mouth. She hadn't ever said them, and they sounded so deliciously wonderful.
"Say it again!" he demanded as she let out a little giggle.
"Oh Dexy, I love you!"
"Yeah, I think three times seals the deal, like saying Bloody Mary into a mirror!" Lainie's playful giggle changed to a high pitched laugh as he squeezed her waist, coaxing her to say it once more.
"I.Love.You!"


Dexter rubbed his forehead against hers and basked in the moment, until a panic arose in him. If he hadn't gone to find her, if she'd decided to leave...he mumbled his fears in front of her, "Freckles, freckles, freckles! If you'd got on that plane I..."
"But I didn't! I'm here Dexy, we're here...together!" she soothed him, "Now are you going to have your way with me or what?"


"Dexter!" Lainie muttered underneath him, "Is this your idea of having your way with me?" So far all they had done was kiss for the past ten minutes.

"Oh you're so cheeky little one!" Dexter replied dreamily, "As pretty as you are in this underwear I'm afraid you're gonna have to say goodbye to each other!" Lainie looked him in the eyes and smirked.
"Finally!"

"So..." Lainie finally spoke. "...was that just as good as the night in the lift?"


"Please!" Dexter scoffed, "That right there? Surpasses the lift ten times over!"

"That's what I thought!" Lainie mumbled sleepily. "I'm so tired!"
"Yeah me too, it's been a pretty emotional day!" Dexter kissed her forehead repeatedly and laughed softly.

Before he knew it, the words came tumbling out of his mouth. "Will you marry me Evelyn?" and as soon as he said it, his heart raced again as a wave of nausea hit him out of the blue. And while he worried about being turned down again, Lainie finally whispered,
"Yes Dexter, yes I will!"

Dexter had the biggest smile on his face as his daughter looked expectantly at him. "So?" she huffed.
"So what?" he blinked in confusion.
"Uncle Ash took me away and..." Dexter's cheeks grew hot and his heart burned at the thought of that night.
"And we talked it out, went to bed, I proposed, and in the morning we planned our wedding...what?" he gave her a confused stare.
"It's okay daddy, I know you two talked alright!" she chuckled and fussed with his pillows again. "Tell me about the lift daddy!" Dexter grunted and shifted uncomfortably.
"Kee Bee you must know the script off by heart by now!"
"I do!" she nodded, "But I never tire of hearing it! It's where I was conceived, I feel an affinity to that lift daddy! So you got stuck and mum was scared..." Dexter humoured his daughter and told her the story of her conception once again.
"She turned to me and whispered my name and..."


"...I kissed her! I kissed her with every ounce of strength I had in me! I kissed her like she was the first girl I had ever kissed! I loved your mother so much, and that time in her life had been kinda crappy. Alex had totally knocked her confidence, she thought she was ugly and useless, but I knew the truth...I'd always known it! She was, and still is, the most beautiful girl in my world!"


"Dexy!" Lainie whispered his name for a second time and he felt an all too familiar stirring in his heart.


"Oh Evelyn!" Dexter muttered, pulling her close as she tried to free herself from his grip. He kissed the back of her neck as she purred in response, he felt her body shiver as his lips drifted from her neck to her shoulders and down her arm. 


"Dexy..." she could hardly get the words out as Dexter's hands and lips wandered everywhere. Her head spun with the alcohol and her stomach churned as if a thousand butterflies were swirling around in there. Finally she managed to finish what she wanted to say, "...Dexy I want you!"


Lainie moved her hips in a circular motion, and pressed hard up against him as she felt his hot breath on her shoulder. "Evelyn, stop..."
"Dexy, I want you!" she murmured and continued to tease him.
"No..." he grunted.
"YES!" she insisted, and with one swift movement Dexter spun her around and lifted her off of the ground.


Lainie squealed with delight as they staggered all over the elevator, both still very drunk but aware of what they were doing. "Freckles I want you too but..." Dexter confessed as their eyes were fixed on each other.


"Dexy, I'm drunk and I'm cold and I'm stuck in a lift that's the most confined space I've ever been in...so just give me what I want!" Lainie ran her fingers through his hair and licked the tip of his nose as she giggled impishly.


Dexter looked deeply into her blue eyes and smiled. This was the moment he had been waiting for, and he was not going to let it pass him by!

Lainie fought to get her breath back as she and Dexter sat in a crumpled heap on the elevator floor. She could feel his heart pounding underneath his jacket, it almost mimicked the rhythm her own. "Wow..." she began, but he quietened her with a brief kiss on the lips that took her breath away once again.
"Freckles, just...I wanna just sit here with you, and...oh freckles!" another swift kiss sucked what little air she had in her lungs from her, and it was bliss.
"Dexy...I think I'm asleep, this is all a dream!" she slurred, feeling both sleepy and slightly intoxicated.
"Nope, or if you are we're havin' the same amazing dream!" he chuckled and rubbed noses with her playfully as her heart fluttered.


"I'll never forget, I'll never forget!" Lainie whispered as the butterflies in her stomach began to dance again, the scent of him too much for her. Had they just...done what she thought they'd done?


Dexter laughed softly and kissed her freckly button nose. "I won't forget either freckles!" he mumbled sleepily, still feeling the effects of the copious amounts of alcohol he had previously consumed.


"Now come 'ere, we need to get some sleep and keep warm. It'll be a while before anyone finds us." Lainie nodded and took the hand he offered her, letting him pull her into his lap and envelope her in a tight embrace.


"She didn't forget!" Dexter told his daughter as she listened intently to the story she had heard a million times before, "But she pretended to, it broke my heart! But then when she took that test and she knew you were on the way, she couldn't pretend anymore! Sure there was a chance that Alex was your father but...you belonged to me Kee Bee! I felt it the moment you were born and I held you in my arms, I cut the chord you know!" Dexter beamed proudly.
"I do, you and mum, you're so in love!" Keira gushed.
"Pfft, maybe we were...once!" he replied bitterly.
"Daddy, remember Rosalie?" How could he forget?


 "Paint me like one of your goth girls!"
"Huh?"


 "Or naked, I don't mind!" Rosalie's sweet voice filled the room as Dexter's heart sank. He wished he could feel something for her, she was pretty and she liked him a lot, so why could he not return her feelings?


 Dexter turned round with a fake smile to greet her. "Hey!" she chirped and tried to grab hold of his hand but he pulled back slightly.
"Hi Rosalie, how are you?"


 "Oh come on, is that all I get? Dexter we're a little more familiar than that!" she laughed, but her annoyance was obvious in her tone.
"Yeah, we are!" Dexter blushed and made a valiant effort to flirt with her.


Dexter had a way of switching into autopilot when Rosalie came over and demanded his attention. He went through the motions of kissing, touching, heavy petting and sometimes sex.


She was good looking, she smelled good, dressed well and she was a great kisser so Dexter's act was easy to keep up. Or it had been until his conscience had kicked in a few weeks earlier, and now he was struggling to pretend to love her.


 Rosalie would always sit on top of him to stop him from getting out from under her grasp. She would smother him with kisses and secure a vice like grip around his neck. 


She merely yearned for his affection. And he wished he could give it to her genuinely instead of going through these motions.

 He knew that she was aware of his lacklustre attempts, it made her cling on that much tighter to what it was they had left in their relationship. She wanted to get whatever they once had back. But Dexter doubted that was possible. He thought he was in love once, now he knew for sure as he closed his eyes and tasted her lips, imagined anyone but her...no he was not in love. Or if he had been, he certainly wasn't anymore.


 "Oh Dexter, I love you!" Dexter's silence caused Rosalie to stop kissing him and leap up from the bed.


"It's not working is it Dex?" she suddenly blurted out as Dexter sighed in relief.
"No, no it's not! We want different things and...you want things I can't give you!" Rosalie sniffed back the tears, briefly wiping her face.
"I love you so much and I'd give up everything for you! You just don't give a damn about me and I can't live like that Dexter!" Although this was visibly hurting her, he felt a weight lift from his shoulders by having this conversation, finally.
"No, no you can't!" was all he could reply, which irked her a little.


 "Is that all you have to say? It's over and you don't even bat an eye???"
"I...don't know what you want me to say Rosalie..."
"Say you love me!!! Dexter???" Rosalie waited for him to respond, and when he didn't her sadness turned to rage.


"You can't even say it? What is wrong with you? We've been together for a long time and you...UGH!!!" she threw her hands in the air and screamed in exasperation as Dexter shrugged.
"I'm sorry!" it was all he could think of to say.


"Really Dexter? You're SORRY???" Rosalie's big brown eyes widened as she gave him a dirty look. "You know what? So am I! I gave you everything and you aren't even grateful!"


Rosalie turned her back on him and sighed. "Well I guess this is goodbye."


But her parting words gave him shivers. "I hope one day a girl takes your still beating heart and rips it out of your chest. I hope you feel the pain of loving someone who doesn't love you back! I hope you pine for someone you cannot have! I hope you're miserable Dexter Maloney!"


"And I kinda was, for a while!"


Dexter smiled at his daughter, "But it's all good now! I got the girl eventually huh?" Keira nodded and checked her watch.
"Oh my, daddy it's time for me to go before Nurse Ratched throws me out." Dexter's smile faded, he hated it when she had to leave.
"Hey, tomorrow you can tell me all about your past life as a stripper! Mum tells me you had some moves!" Keira winked impishly.

30 years earlier...


"OFFOFFOFFOFFOFF!!!"


"Man, this crowd is rough!"


"Come on!!! Do something!"
"DANCE PRETTY BOY!"


"Okay okay! I gotta get another job!"


Dexter gulped down that particular memory and shook his head roughly, "Nope! Not gunna happen Kee Bee! What happened in Bridgeport, stays in Bridgeport!"

The End!


Happy Halloween everyone!!! And thank you for over 50,000 views! <3
Again sorry for the same hospital pictures but I really didn't have the time to reload my game and remake the set. :(

1 comment:

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)