Friday 26 December 2014

Love Drunk 2.0: Chapter Five

***WARNING***

This chapter contains scenes of partial nudity and of a slightly sexual nature. Just sayin'! So don't read on if you're easily offended!

Keira and Joshua are now away from their parents' glare and firmly settled into university. Keira is starting her third year and Joshua has only just begun his first. Their romance bloomed during the final two weeks of the summer holidays and as autumn looms, Keira is excited to rekindle their love out in the open without having to hide. The Mitchell twins are starting their second year and as always, they are there for Keira as her best friends should she need them. She has Joshua, everything should be wonderful...shouldn't it?

Keira Maloney sketched happily as she waited for Rosie and Daisy to unpack. They'd only arrived back at the house they shared an hour before, but Keira was so excited to meet up with Joshua Hayes at his meet and greet that she threw her things messily into drawers and doodled to try and take her mind off of the boy she loved so much. Joshua was only a first year and they had to stay in the dormitories until they'd completed that semester.

Keira daydreamed about being with her Joshy as she heard the twins arguing downstairs. Her art supplies were still lying where she'd left them in June and she knew Daisy would have something to say about that. But Joshua Hayes occupied her mind!

And just as she expected, Daisy stomped upstairs annoyed at her twin and let out a perplexed grunt. "Keira what a mess!" she muttered under her breath.
"I'll clear it, don't worry!" Keira replied half heartedly.
"That's what you said a couple of months ago when we headed back home for the summer!" As Daisy continued to scold her like a child, Rosie came up the stairs a little quieter than her sister.

"Daisy that's enough!" Rosie ordered her, sternly yet kindly.
"Ugh, you always take her side and her side is always the messy one!" Daisy moaned as Rosie chuckled to herself.

"Come on then, I saw Aunt Roxy and Uncle Matty leaving campus when I went for some milk. Means Josh is here!" Rosie winked at Keira as she let out a little squeaky giggle.
"I'll just go wash my hands!" Keira exclaimed excitedly, she couldn't wait to see him!

The girls arrived at the usual place for the meet and greet as one of the students welcomed the newcomers dressed as the university mascot. Daisy raced on ahead to get some freebies, she wasn't entitled being a second year but it was amazing what a pretty face and a sweet smile could get her. Rosie clocked Joshua straight away and left Keira to reunite with him.

"Hi Josh!" Rosie called to him as he spun around in surprise, seeing the huge grin on Keira's face as she saw him.
"Oh, er...hey Rosie!" Josh replied nervously.

"Joshy!" Keira exclaimed still grinning at the sight of him, then she whispered, "I missed you!"

"Oh hey Kee!" he nodded, usually he would take her in his arms and squeeze the life out of her. But he was so cold.
"Would you like to come over for dinner at our place tonight? I'm sure the canteen food hasn't improved since I was a first year!" she laughed, but Josh simply blinked at her. "Joshy? What's the matter?"
"Nothing!" he snapped, "I'm just...I have a lot to do so, I really need to get going!"

"Why are you being like this? Did I do something wrong?" Keira never knew this side of him, he was always so loving and affectionate, even when they were children.
"Being like what? A nervous first year who's trying to settle in?"

"Kee, I've gotta go okay? I need to pick up my class schedule and meet my tutors. I'll...see you around!" before he had the chance to leave, Keira's blue eyes caught his gaze and she pleaded into them.

"So...will I see you later or..." Josh tutted and looked around the room impatiently.
"Kee give me space huh?"

"You've been here a couple of years, I haven't! Let me find my feet, I did come here to study and get a degree!" Keira looked away from him, she felt so hurt she could barely look at him.

Josh left her alone in the foyer as he headed upstairs to meet his tutors and fellow students. What had changed? Why was he behaving this way?

Before they left Isla Paradiso, they were so in love and had so many plans. Now he couldn't stand to be in the same room as her! Keira had never loved a boy the way she loved Joshua Hayes...

...and until now, the only boy that had ever broken her heart had been her father when he got ill. The thought of losing her precious daddy was truly the most devastating moment in her life...but this topped that easily! She couldn't bear to think of Joshua being here and not loving her, she couldn't bear to think of Joshua loving someone else!

Josh bumped into Daisy Mitchell as he was checking his class schedule. She was her usual dizzy self, wandering around like she'd just arrived and didn't know anyone or her way around campus. "Hey Daisy!" he smiled at her as she scanned the room for any tables she missed.
"Hi!" she mumbled irritably. "There aren't any Frisbees left! All you greedy little first years have nabbed them all!" Josh looked wide eyed at her and said sorry even though he himself had missed out on a free Frisbee.

"Oh! Keira is looking for you! She's so excited! She missed you so much, HEY!" Daisy called to another student in the distance, "I'll give you a ball for that Frisbee! See you later Joshua!"

Daisy chased after the poor mascot carrying the elusive Frisbee as Joshua's face fell. Keira had been so looking forward to seeing him and he'd been unbelievably rude!

Keira had finally stopped crying over Joshua's coldness when Rosie found her and wanted to know how their reunion went.

"Kee I thought you and Josh would be making out under the stairs by now!" she laughed, but seeing her friend's sad face she demanded to know why she was so upset.

"What's wrong? Did you miss him? He was right out there!"

"No, I saw him. I wish I hadn't but...we talked and...oh Rosie he doesn't love me any more!" she cried as Rosie sat down opposite her.

"I don't believe that for one minute. Luke told me he was looking forward to being here and in particular being with you!"
"Well, he must have changed his mind! He's a different boy now!" Keira sniffled.

"Rosie, how can I ever live knowing I had Joshy and his love and now I don't? It's okay for you, you and my angelic little brother are solid! I thought Josh and me..." Keira broke off and stifled a sob.

"Keira, it's your first day! He's bound to be feeling a little like a fish out of water! And me and Luke? Far from perfect! How long did it take for him to tell me how he felt??? A thousand years!" Rosie laughed softly as Keira was unconvinced.

She stood up and sighed sadly, "Rosie, Josh spent the summer in Cambodia with a bunch of strangers! No, he's realised I'm too old and he's spotted girls his own age! I'm yesterday's news!"

"I'm heading home! There's no point in me being here if he doesn't want me around!"

Keira made her way out of the classroom as Rosie tried to make her feel better, but failed. "Kee come on, give him time!"
"I'll see you at home!"

Rosie didn't believe that Joshua had changed his mind about her, she knew deep down he loved her more than ever. Nerves made people crazy, and Rosie was convinced that Josh would come round.

Keira sat in her room, alone, thinking about the final two weeks of summer when she and Joshua Hayes fell in love. Her first love, her first kiss, her first boyfriend! At 20 years of age she had finally found a boy worthy of her love!

Her mother had always told her growing up that there was a Dexter Maloney out there for her. Keira's father was a bit of a cad when he was her age, in fact it took meeting Lainie Robertson to change all of that! But when her father did set eyes on her mother for the first time, it was a love he'd never known before. Keira thought she'd found a boy to emulate her beloved daddy Dex, Joshua was that boy! She couldn't ever imagine being with anyone else. If he really had got bored of her and no longer wanted to continue their relationship, then he would be her first and last love! She would grow old and alone, no one would ever compare to her Joshy!

As she cried into her pillow, she thought about how things had changed, the annoying chubby boy that followed her around like a lost puppy became her everything, and now he couldn't be bothered with her! Maybe this was her punishment for being so mean to him when they were growing up!

As she wallowed, there was a knock on her bedroom door followed by Rosie's sweet voice, "Kee? Wanna go for a coffee or..." before she could finish her question Daisy butted in like she usually did.
"Come out Keira Maloney! I'm dying for a hazelnut mocha and my sister won't let me go without you!"

The girls arrived at the coffee shop just as it was getting dark, the first day back at university was almost over. Keira wasn't at all in the mood for being out and about, but the twins insisted it was what she needed to take her mind off of Joshua Hayes. "I'm sorry, I don't think I can go in!" Keira exhaled and shook her head.

"Nonsense!" Rosie said, it was normally Daisy who was so forthright but for some reason Miss Reserved Twin was being assertive.
"Let's go, I have caffeine withdrawals and I may become grumpy!" Daisy chipped in and followed her sister.
"Guys...no!" Keira blushed and tripped over her own feet. She felt puffy and unattractive and did not want to be seen in public. "What if Joshy's there???" Rosie made a sound that resembled a "HA!" and replied,
"Oh come on, the chances of that are..."

"...well would you look at that!" Rosie's eyes bulged at the sight before her.
"Oh you're such a menace Rosie Kennedy Mitchell!" Daisy shook her head as she bumped into her.
"Well how was I to know...look it's scientifically inconceivable to..."
"Rosie try and think like a human and not a robot for once huh?" Daisy gave her sister a disapproving look as Keira followed behind them.

"Why are you just standing there? Have you ordered or...oh!" Keira's heart sank to her feet as she spotted Joshua.
"We can always go to the shop and get some instant hot chocolate?" Rosie shrugged as Daisy made a pfft sound.

"You're way prettier than her!" she sneered at the girl Josh was chatting to, trying to make Keira feel better.
"Daisy shut up!" Rosie snapped and tried to usher Keira back out.

"Seriously, let's go!" Rosie ordered but Keira shook her head sadly.
"No, it's fine I have to get used to seeing him around!"
"Kee, you don't have to see this, not at the moment!" Rosie reached out to her as she gasped. "Kee?"

"Ohmigod!" Keira exclaimed in a panicked tone.
"What..." Rosie began, but noticing her sister's absence she too started to panic.
"Rosie please! Stop her!!!" Rosie was frightened to look as Keira watched Daisy head straight for Josh and his new friend.

"Joshua Hayes what is the meaning of this???" Daisy demanded as she approached him and this young lady he seemed to be getting along very well with.
"Oh hey Daisy! Shasha this is Daisy, Daisy this..."

Daisy didn't let Josh finish as she went off on a rant, her anger confusing him at first until he listened to the words she was firing towards him. "Joshua Hayes you toad! Keira is so heartbroken over your behaviour and you don't even wait to find your latest conquest!!!"
"Daisy I..."
"SHUT UP!!!" Daisy snapped viciously as Josh did as he was told, she was extremely scary! His Aunt Charlotte had once told everyone a story about his Uncle Drew, that his temper could be explosive if he was upset or angry enough. Obviously Daisy took after her father.

Josh raised his hands in the air in defeat, as he tried to calm her down. He admired that she was sticking up for her friend, but she had got the wrong idea about him and this girl! "Daisy we were just comparing timetables. We're on the same degree???"

Daisy ignored his explanation and turned her rage onto the poor stranger before her. "WHO ARE YOU??? Did you know he was dating my friend up until a couple of hours ago? Then he just threw her aside like trash???" Shasha looked vacantly at Daisy and replied flatly,
"We were comparing timetables. Now we aren't!"

"You know you men make me sick!" Daisy spat and glowered at Joshua as he looked on, lost for words. "Is it because she wouldn't sleep with you? Did you get tired of waiting for a f..."
"DAISY!" Josh spluttered before she could finish her sentence.

He turned to his new friend and sighed, "Shasha I'm sorry. I...I'll see ya!"
"I doubt it!" Shasha remained emotionless.

Daisy left Josh thoroughly embarrassed and alone as she made her way back to Keira and her twin sister. "There, sorted!" she nodded to Keira who could hardly look at her.

"Way to go Daisy, the whole coffee shop heard you screeching! Why do you have to go in all guns blazing hmm?" Rosie scolded her as she huffed and turned her back on both of them. Keira remained silent but her cheeks were crimson.

Daisy headed for the door, but not before calling back "I'll be in the library if anyone cares. You're welcome by the way Keira! He won't mess with you again!"
"OMG!" Keira muttered as Rosie gave her a sympathetic smile.
"Honey I'm so sorry, she's...well she's just her!"

"I know..." Keira began, "...but look at Joshy! He's not so flirty now is he?" she almost laughed, but when Josh turned around and headed straight for their table it got stuck in her throat.

"Oh sh*t! Rosie he's coming over!"
"Yes I can see that, stay calm!" Rosie mumbled as he got closer.

Josh stopped right in front of Keira and tried to smile, but his blushing face made it look more like a grimace. "Hey Kee, can we...er...can we talk?" Keira didn't even look at him, instead she focused on the tables behind him and tried to ignore him.

Josh tried again, "Kee?"
"Rosie did you hear something?" Keira asked her friend sarcastically as Josh exhaled and rolled his eyes.
"I think you two need to be alone. Discuss things like two adults." Rosie finally weighed into the conversation, or lack of it.

Rosie left them to talk as Keira still wouldn't look the road Josh was on and he felt hurt by it, despite his behaviour earlier justifying her present reaction. "Please Kee..."

"...can I...sit down?" he asked her quietly and pulled the chair out.
"Do what you like Joshua, it's not like we're together or anything!" she muttered bitterly.

"Kee I'm sorry I was such a jerk..."
"Yeah you were!" she snapped before he could finish.
"I don't know why I behaved like that!" Keira finally looked at him and his heart skipped a beat.

"Oh yeah? And I should care because?"
"Oh come on Kee don't be like that, I'm trying to apologise here!"
"Don't bother, please leave me alone, you're causing a scene!"

"Fine, then can we go somewhere else and sort this out? I don't want to lose you Kee!" Keira narrowed her eyes at him for a couple of minutes as he waited for her reply.
"Not that you deserve my time...yeah okay!" she finally mumbled.

Keira took Josh to her house, it was only round the corner from the coffee shop. He had to endure the glares of the Mitchell twins as he and Keira ascended the stairs. When they finally reached her bedroom, he was reminded of their time back in Isla Paradiso and the make-out sessions they enjoyed.

"So...alone in your bedroom...again hehe!" he chuckled as she tutted and let out a huge, irritated sigh.
"Joshua what you do want from me?"

"I want to explain..." he tried to talk to her but she wasn't in the mood to listen.
"I don't care!"

"I just..." Keira turned to face him and held up her hands angrily.
"NO!" she yelled and backed away from him as he helplessly attempted to win her over.

"Josh you hurt me!" Keira raised her voice and it cracked. "You really, really hurt me!" she fought back a sob as his green eyes pleaded with her to forgive him. He gently placed his hand on her cheek, like he did the first day they kissed.

"Kee, Kee baby I'm so, so sorry! I was a d*ck! I was trying to be a big man on campus, I thought you'd be fed up with me by now and...well I got in there first before you hurt me and...oh Kee you're so beautiful!"

"You hurt me!" she repeated, this time her voice was faint and her eyes glistened with tears.
"I...let's kiss and make up, huh?"

"Kee? I'm sure you have plenty of guys waiting in line. All I'm asking for is a second chance. Maybe I'm not the best kisser you've ever had or or...I dunno just...please gimme a second chance and you won't regret it!" Keira's sadness changed to anger at the mere mention of other guys.

"WHAT the HELL are you TALKING ABOUT???" she demanded as Josh felt his heart sink to his boots.
"Kee..."
"Joshua Hayes you are the only boy I've ever kissed! There are no other guys in my life, never have been! Which is why your behaviour was all the more hurtful and heart breaking for me! Just get out and don't ever come back! I don't need you in my life, and I'm sure you have plenty of other girls to take my place! I on the other hand, do not roll that way! I would rather be alone than be with someone who doesn't value my loyalty and my very exclusive heart!"

Joshua's own heart could not lift until he knew Keira forgave him. As unlikely as that was going to be he would not give up without a fight. "Kee I am so sorry. I...wait!"

"Did you just say...I'm the only boy you ever kissed?" A smile appeared at the corner of his mouth as Keira began to blush.
"So?" she squeaked defensively when Josh took her by surprise and pulled her towards him.

"Kee, Kee, Kee, you're...well you're not the girl I thought you were and thank God for that!" he whispered with a huge grin on his face as Keira's face twitched in annoyance.
"What's THAT supposed to mean?" she demanded grumpily as Josh placed his index finger gently under her chin, trying to pull her in for a kiss no doubt.

"You're...more perfect than I ever dreamed you were! Keira, Kee...I...I've loved you since I was a young boy. I followed you around like a lovesick puppy! Surely you noticed?" Keira tried to shrug off his finger but he was having none of it, as she huffed a breath into his face it tickled and he stifled a giggle.
"Joshua Hayes, you are THE most annoying..." she trailed off as his green eyes bore into her soul.

Josh stared intently into Keira's blue eyes and sighed. "You know you're the only girl for me right?" he said quietly, studying her face, trying to work out exactly what she was thinking because she still looked mad!
"Is that so?" she huffed again and her body went limp in his arms, "Well then, prove it Joshy! Prove to me that I'm the only girl in your heart! Make it up to me for being so beastly!"
"How?" he breathed, staring her down as she laughed softly and closed her eyes, waiting for a kiss that might never come.
"Be my first, my only, my forever!"

Josh smiled again and nodded, "I'll be your everything, as you are mine. Since I was six years old I knew you were the one, and all you could do was tease me for being a chub! It hurt, like I hurt you today, so I know a little bit about that Keira Maloney!" Keira seemed unmoved by his admission of pain over her harsh words when they were children, but inside she felt bad about it.
"So what are you waiting for big boy? Kiss me already, I've earned it!!!"

Josh obeyed her as he always did and tasted her lips for the first time since they left Isla Paradiso, and it was bliss.

Keira placed her hands on his face and smiled at him for the first time that day. "Don't ever hurt me again and I'll never mention how fat you were when you were a kid, deal?" Josh laughed softly and nodded in agreement.
"Deal!"

"So I can tell all the girls in my classes that you're my girlfriend?" he winked and she punched him lightly on the arm.
"Yes, tell them I'll scratch their eyes out if they so much as glance at your impressive physique!"

It felt so good to be back together, Josh had no idea why he had behaved the way he did. Bravado made a man do silly things! He never wanted to be apart from her, but he guessed he feared rejection from her, like he always experienced from her when they were growing up. He had to learn to trust their feelings!

November came by so quickly and Josh was never away from the girls' house. While taking an English class, Josh was struggling with the homework. His mother was rather annoyed at him when he failed the mock exam and asked Keira to help him try and pass the real thing. All Josh was interested in when he went over to see her was her! As he appeared after his classes that day, Keira was in her usual place. Painting away at her easel she heard him stomping up the stairs and called to him cheerily, "Ready to study my big silly boy?"
"I sure am bossy pants!" he retorted. It was his new nickname for her now as she was even more bossy than ever!

"Well then, let's get busy!" she threw her palette and brush down and turned to smile at him.
"Busy huh? With what?" he winked at her as she grabbed his hand and dragged him into the bedroom.

Ten minutes later, sitting in front of a pile of books, Joshua looked rather annoyed and Keira couldn't understand why. "So what's up with your mug? If you don't study this paragraph you'll fail the quiz! Joshy?"

"Kee all we do is study!" Keira was still confused, the whole point was to study so that Josh passed his exams.
"Yes Joshy, we do. Why?"
"Because I wanna be with you and..."
"You are with me." Keira replied softly. "What do you want Joshy? What's wrong?" Josh pounced upon her and kissed her hard on the lips.

The book on Keira's lap landed on the floor with a thud, but neither of them stopped. Josh missed their kissing, there had been very little of it since his mother had called Keira to help him with his homework. And he resented Roxy for that, taking away the loving side of Keira and replacing her with this...tutor!

Obviously Keira wanted to get back to their old routine too as she returned his forceful kiss with just as much enthusiasm.

"Kee!" Josh whispered in between kisses, "Oh Kee I miss this! Can't we just...have one afternoon to ourselves? No books!"
"Okay Joshy!"

"Joshy?" Keira whispered, so quietly.
"Yeah?"
"I'm ready!" and he knew exactly what she meant by that. They had discussed it many times over the past couple of months. Keira was ready to give him the most precious gift of all, her innocence.

"You have to be patient with me Joshy okay?" Josh was nervous, he had never actually told Keira that he too was a virgin. Keira just assumed that he was experienced because he had had a girlfriend out in Cambodia. However briefly they had dated, she hadn't been his first girlfriend. Josh went through a few girls in high school to try and forget Keira Maloney, the girl who was out of his reach.

Despite this, Josh only had experience in kissing. "Kee..." he decided to come clean. "...we will have to be patient with each other. You're my first too!" He could feel her grin against his mouth as they kissed.

"That's good to know!" she giggled and tickled his lips. "And here was me thinking you were a bit of a lad!"
"Nope, I'm all yours and yours only. I waited for you, saved myself...for you!"

Keira was wearing the lingerie she had taken from her mother's drawer. Little did she know, that lingerie had a history. Lainie had worn it the night she turned away from the plane and decided to stay with Dexter. Keira was unaware that it was this lingerie that sealed the deal for her mother, it was the key to her father proposing!

Joshua seemed to like it. "I love what you're wearing. you're so beautiful Kee!"
"It's my mother's!" she replied breathlessly.
"Oh, mood killer!" Josh grunted and pulled away.
"No no Joshy!"

Keira tried to wrap her legs around him and stop him from getting up. "Forget that! It's mine tonight! Please?"
"Are you sure you wanna do this? There's no pressure..."

"I know!" Josh looked deeply into her eyes as she smiled nervously. "My mum says it might hurt, there might be blood..."
"Kee? What will be will be. If I hurt you, just tell me to stop okay?"
"I'm so nervous! I want this, I want you...but I'm scared!" Josh kept his eyes on hers and replied softly.
"So am I Kee!"

"I don't wanna hurt you, but I want so badly to make love to you!" Keira stared back with determination and mouthed,
"Then do it! Make love to me Joshua!"

Her mother was right, it did hurt at first. But the feeling of Joshua's bare skin next to hers was utter bliss. To be so close to the boy she adored, it was a dream come true. He was so gentle with her, continually asking her if she was okay.

It was an indescribable feeling, a feeling she had never known before, of another human being inside her body. Odd and intrusive yet satisfyingly pleasant. The fact that she was losing her virginity to Joshua Hayes and not just any guy at university made the experience all the more intense. She loved this boy! What they were doing, they did out of love!

"I love you Kee!" Josh whispered breathlessly as she ran her fingers through his hair and let him do whatever he wanted with her. She trusted him completely. His kisses never felt so good, especially all over her body as worked his way down from her lips to her neck and beyond. Tiny little pecks that burned her skin deliciously.

She remembered that the twins were downstairs, that she'd not locked her door. But somehow in the throes of passion, she didn't care. She was as close to Josh as any human beings could possibly get at that moment in time. Part of her wanted it to be over quickly, and the other part of her never wanted it to end.

"Kee, I...love you!" Josh muttered again as she found her voice in among all the blissful chaos.
"I love you too!" she finally managed to get out as their bodies reached a satisfying conclusion together and they lay silent in a heap on the bed for what felt like hours, and a little voice inside of her said thank goodness that was over with.

Joshua watched Keira sleep and smiled, "Kee, baby, did I tire you out?" he chuckled, amused that she was silent. A rare moment indeed.

"I meant it when I said I loved you you know. More than you'll ever know! More than you'll ever love me I'll bet!" Keira began to mumble something in her sleep as he stroked her hair. He could hardly believe that he'd made love to Keira Maloney, that they had been each other's first. This girl he'd adored for over a decade adored him too!

December flew in too as Josh and Keira grew even closer. The twins had gotten used to him being around, even though Daisy was jealous. If Rosie was honest, it made her envious too seeing her best friends so in love while she pined for Luke. It was early and Josh didn't expect anyone to be up at that time, but there they were, staring at him. "Morning girls!" he mumbled self consciously.

Daisy liked to stare, Joshua Hayes was a remarkable specimen of a man. Growing up he was a bit on the porky side but as an 18 year old young man, he was breathtakingly chiselled. "Morning!" the twins replied in unison as Joshua's blushing made them giggle.

"I...was just going to make Kee some breakfast, you want something or have you already eaten?" there was a long silence as the twins continued to stare at him in his sweatpants and nothing else, his muscular chest out on show for all to see. Keira spared him any more blushes as she descended the stairs in nothing but his shirt.

"Hey guys!" she called to everyone cheerily.
"Hello Keira!" Daisy giggled as Rosie elbowed her hard in the ribs.
"Morning Kee!"

"Joshy I woke up and you were gone, don't do that again I was worried!" Keira scolded him.
"I'm sorry bossy pants I'll get a note from my mother next time!" he retorted cheekily as she grabbed his arm and pulled him in to punish him.

The twins watched on as Keira and Josh made out in front of them, something they tended to do on every occasion. During dinner, at the coffee shop, while doing homework, while cooking. Rosie and Daisy were used to it, but pangs for Luke made Rosie want to scream at them to stop sometimes.

" I was going to make you some breakfast!" Josh muttered in between kissing her.
"Well I'll make some pancakes while you go and get dressed, you're upsetting my friends with your lack of clothing!" Keira chuckled playfully.

Keira watched her hunky boy go upstairs and sighed adoringly while Rosie and Daisy also watched Joshua disappear upstairs out of sight.

"You guys want pancakes?" Keira asked her friends nervously.
"No thanks I had cereal when I got up an hour ago. I'm going to call Luke in a little while, I've been up since 4am." Rosie answered, her eyes closed and smiling at the thought of hearing Luke Maloney's voice on the phone.
"Daisy?" Keira half smiled at her.
"I'm not really hungry but thanks!" she mumbled. Keira could tell she was upset about something.

"Listen, do you guys mind Joshy staying over?" Both twins answered no together as Keira let out a sigh of relief. "Okay then what's bothering Daisy?" Rosie looked at her friend sympathetically and answered for her sister.
"She's jealous of you and Josh, she wants a man!" Daisy gasped and her mouth fell open in shock.
"I DO NOT!" she shrieked and stomped off.
"Badly!" Rosie nodded, convinced that she was right.

Just before classes that morning, Rosie did call Luke while her twin sister looked on in envy. "I missed you Lukey wooky!"
"I miss you so much when are you coming back? Can you believe they won't let me on campus if I'm not a student???"
"I know, it's torture especially with your sister and Josh packing on the PDA!"
"My dad is so gonna kill them, you do know that right? I mean, Keira is his favourite, his only daughter. Are they doin' it???"

"Luke! Don't be rude!"
"I'm not, I...are they though?" Rosie was silent for a moment, but knew that she had to be honest with him.
"Yes Luke, they are sleeping together. They're in love! But I told you not to say anything, you're not supposed to know!"

"I know, I can't believe it! My sister and my best friend! Right under my nose and he couldn't even tell me he was bangin' my sister!"
"Luke!" Rosie scolded him, she didn't like it when he spoke that way. It wasn't like him, he sounded too much like his dad.
"I'm sorry, I...I can't wait for the holidays! We can spend the whole two weeks together can't we?"
"Yes Lukey, we can! I have to go to class now, I'll talk to you later..." before she could finish talking Luke butted in with an I love you as she giggle and blushed.

Daisy watched her sister hang up the phone, only to receive a text from her beloved seconds later. "He only just got off the phone, what a pest!" she remarked as Rosie giggled to herself. She hated being the only single one in the house!

But being single was better than being stuck with someone like Devin Whalen, a first year who had taken to following her around. "Will you please go away?" she growled at him as he wrote in his notebook while gazing at her.
"I'm taking notes, hot hot hot Daisy!"

"OMG you're such a manchild! GO AWAY!!!"
"Baby! Don't break my heart, I'm not asking for love and romance, just gimme a hand job huh?"

"Ugh you are vile! I have a boyfriend at home waiting for me and when he finds out you've been harassing me he'll..."
"Oh really? A boyfriend? What's his name?" Daisy blurted out a name without thinking.
"Kieran! Kieran McLean!"

"Why is he at home and not at uni with us? Hmm? Is he a dummy???" Devin chuckled.
"No he is quite the opposite, he's 25 and he has two degrees and a masters, he works for my father who is a scientist...a prize winning scientist! The best in his field and Kieran is his assistant...the best he's ever had!"
"Is he the best you've had? Huh sexy raven?" Devin smirked as Daisy turned her back on him in disgust.

"There's a reason why you're single!" Daisy spoke quietly in order to deliver her scathing retort without tarnishing her reputation of being a sweet, innocent girl. "And that's because you're a complete creep who's only action has been palm and her five sisters! Now go away virgin, go and tuck your maggot between your legs and leave me alone!"

Daisy ran from the classroom, embarrassed but also proud of herself for cutting Devin down to size.

"She is so sexy! I've gotta get me some of that!"

 Joshua couldn't wait to get back to Keira, he could smell her perfume and feel her soft lips as he briskly headed to his next class. Devin, the annoying boy from his business lecture, who he saw harassing Daisy earlier, was following him. "Hey Hayes! Can I share your notes? I dozed off back there!" Josh was usually quite accommodating, but for an unknown reason that he couldn't place, he didn't want to help this guy.
"No, sorry. They're way down at the bottom of my bag and I'm running late!"

 Devin let out an enormous sigh and shook his head, "Oh well, nevermind. Thanks dude!" Just as Josh was about to walk on, he felt Devin's hand on his shoulder. "Listen, how about we share your sexy little blonde instead? I hear she's a dynamo between the sheets!" he chuckled as Joshua clenched his fist so hard his nails dug into the palm of his hand.

 After counting to ten, Josh took a deep breath and replied, "You couldn't handle a girl like Keira Maloney Devin! And she'd never even look at you to give you the opportunity!"

As Josh left Devin standing alone, he muttered under his breath, "That's it, you head off to your computer class buddy! Leave your little whore all alone!"


Keira was struggling to stay awake in her classes since Josh had started staying over. And when they were in bed, sleeping was not on the agenda. After copying her partner's notes for the third time that week, she headed back to the house for a nap before Josh came over.

 Her sleep deprivation continued when she was rudely awoken by a knock on the door. It was a boy, around 18, first year and annoying! "Hey! Are you Keira?"
"Er, yeah?" Keira looked the boy up and down curiously.
"Cool, Josh sent me round to pick up some notes?"

 "Well he's not here! He has computer studies until 4pm!" The boy laughed softly and shook his head.
"Of course he does, soz I forgot! Can I wait? I really need those notes!I'm Devin by the way!" Keira nodded reluctantly then turned to leave him.

 Devin called back to her, "Looks like it's gunna rain princess! It's turning dull again!" Keira sighed and kept walking, something about him gave her an uneasy feeling.
"Yeah? You can wait for Josh here, but don't touch anything!"

 As Keira put her books away for another week, she was aware of someone giggling behind her, then Devin's voice cut the silence. "You know, Josh is going to get caught in that downpour!"
"Looks like." Was all Keira could manage to reply.

 "And that's a shame because he's such a generous, kind soul!"
"Uh-huh!" Keira had no time for this boy, he was smarmy and insincere!
"Yeah he is very generous, sharing notes with me...sharing you!"

 Keira spun around and glared at him as he began to blush. "What did you say?" she demanded rather forcefully.
"He said I could have a go at you!" Devin smirked as Keira felt a bout of nausea hit her like the rain outside was about to hit Joshua.

 "What do you mean by that?" her voice was shaky, she didn't feel safe around him, he was creepy.
"You know, we get naked and do bad things together. I heard you're a screamer!" he chuckled. "Josh says I can find out for myself, I wanna hear you scream gorgeous!"

 "Joshy would never say those things!" Keira gulped down a huge lump in her throat as Devin laughed and lunged at her.

 "Now you listen to me! I want you! And I always get what I want! Your boyfriend was rude to me earlier and all I wanted was his f*cking notes! So I'm going to f*ck you instead, I'm going to make you scream blondie! Until your lungs explode! I'm going to ride you until your legs go numb and your eyes pop out of your head!"

 Keira felt the hot tears sting her cheeks as Devin pinned her to the wall, his eyes ablaze with anger. "You're going to be a good girl and come upstairs with me...NOW!"
"Please!" Keira wept, trying to push him away, but he was stronger than she was.
"Oh you will beg me, I like it when you beg! So how do you want it? Huh?"
"Please don't..." Keira's voice cracked and her heart raced.

 "You wanna show me the goods or what? You look hot right now but I wanna see what's underneath!" Devin leaned in to kiss her, his wet mouth sloppily devoured hers and she thought she might vomit.

 As Devin continued to torment her, Joshua arrived to see his beloved Kee being assaulted by the creep he had refused to help earlier. "HEY!!!" he yelled and pulled him roughly off of her.

 Josh threw Devin over his shoulder and across the room with such a force that he heard something pop!

 Devin cried out in pain as he landed on the floor, "You broke my arm you son of a bitch!!!"
"I'll do more than that if you ever come near my Kee again! I ought to break every bone in your sad little body!" Joshua was shaking with rage as Keira wept uncontrollably behind him on her knees.
"Joshy...Josh..."

Josh looked down at the sorry state before him, the evil excuse for a man that made his Kee cry. "Get out! And stay away from me, from Kee and Daisy Mitchell...GOT IT???"
"Yeah yeah, I...you broke my ribs too!"

 As Devin crawled out of the house, Josh rushed to Keira's side wrapping his arms around her as she sobbed into his chest.

 "Shhhhh, Kee!" he soothed as she stained his shirt with her tears.
"Joshy, he...oh what if you hadn't come?"
"I did baby, I did! And he'll never hurt you again I promise!"

"Oh Joshy, the things he said to me..." Josh felt her body sink down onto the floor as she slipped out of his grip.

"Kee? No one, NO ONE, will ever hurt you like that again! I will never leave you! I love you Kee! You're my bossy pants remember?" He couldn't raise a smile from her, what Devin had said had hurt her deeply.

"That boy wanted...to rape me!" she stuttered as she felt the panic rise inside her.
"That boy would lose his manhood if he even tried!" Josh growled and kissed her on the forehead.

 "Please don't tell my dad? He'll end up in jail or worse...in the mortuary!" Josh chuckled slightly at the thought of Dexter Maloney, rock star, in the dock for murdering Devin Whalen!

"I'll go to campus security and report him!" Josh said quietly as Keira gasped in panic.
"No, no don't do that! And don't tell anyone!"
"But...okay whatever you say. But if he comes near you or Daisy or even Rosie I wanna know...okay?" Keira nodded slowly.
"Okay!"

Joshua kissed her forehead repeatedly as they sat in silence. He didn't want to see Devin Whalen ever again, he was scared of what he would do to him if he did! But the main priority was keeping Keira safe.

As the weather chopped and changed all afternoon, Keira spent it in Joshua's arms on the couch, trying to forget about Devin and the evil things he had said to her. "Kee, please let me report him?"
"No Joshy that will mean getting the Dean involved and everything, the police? I don't want to have to go to court over assault charges. Please just leave it be?" Josh agreed reluctantly, but what if Devin tried this with another girl? Keira was all that mattered to him and he needed to focus on her.

"I'll do whatever you ask Kee, you know that. I'll always do what you want...bossy pants!" Keira laughed a little then, squeezing him harder and feeling his strong muscles. It made her feel safe and protected there in his arms.

"Joshua, I love you so much. I don't ever want to think about that creep ever again, from now on you and me are forever and no one will ever come between us!"
"As you wish!" he whispered, "As always, as you wish!"

 The snow arrived a few days later, just as it was time to go home for Christmas. Matthew Hayes was coming to pick up everyone and take them back to Isla Paradiso for the holidays.

 Rosie was excited to see Luke again and spend as much time with him as she could. Talking on the phone was nothing like being in his arms and smelling his scent, feeling his warm body next to her during the winter nights.

 Daisy hoped that Kieran would still be working for her father, she had missed teasing him and the way he would look at her. Like she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, she liked that, it made her feel special and she had certainly not felt special back at university.

 Keira and Josh had decided to announce to their families that they were in a relationship. Keira knew her father wouldn't take it very well but she expected her mother to calm him down like she always did. Josh knew that his mum Roxy would be overjoyed that her boy had a girlfriend, and that it was Keira Maloney! Before Evie was born, Keira was the daughter Roxy never had!

 Matthew arrived and helped the twins out with their bags as Josh took one last look at Keira before they left the house. "Ready?" he asked her nervously.
"Yep, can't wait to get back home and taste my mum's mince pies!"

 Josh kissed her one last time before leaving, tasting that lip gloss that her mother had given her.

"So, Christmas day then?" she smiled sweetly, excited about their relationship finally being out in the open.
"Yes, we'll tell everyone together!"
"It's a plan!" she beamed, what could be the worst thing to happen at Christmas anyway?

To Be Continued...

That's chapter five everyone, before chapter six there will be a special Christmas tale involving Lainie. And it's coming really soon I promise! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)