Friday 23 February 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Ten: Aftermath

Young Raven likes to play with the old dogs, they are tolerant of her, after all they have grown up with toddlers and are used to their inquisitive ways.

Her favourite one is Heidi, she likes to babble away at her and copy her movements. She just goes along with it, she's too old to grumble.

Apart from that rather alarming remark a few days ago, Caleb is still my Caleb! But I can't help but notice he is a more relaxed Caleb than I've ever known, well when we first met in my house so long ago, he was pretty sure of himself and the club he has since abandoned in favour of his family! He continues his doting upon our youngest, teaching her how to talk.

She loves her daddy, and she more than makes up for his lack of a son. I've honestly never seen Caleb so hands on before, and he has been a pretty hands on father since Vivvy was born!

Abi is still going through a teenage mood swing as the dogs frolic together behind her. I really don't know what is going on in her head! Perhaps she doesn't either?

As for the other girls, they seem to get along very well. Despite Abi and Esme being twins, Vivvy is closer to Esme than Abi is! They are very different girls in so many ways, Esme seems to have more in common with her older half-sister!

Once her mood subsides, Abi joins us for our daily dance! Vivvy is determined to make us some more money now that we have Raven to take care of!

Yes little Raven is a handful, a delightful handful nonetheless! She seems to know what she wants and if she doesn't get it she makes sure we know too! Daddy is still figuring out things with her, she's a slightly slower learner than her sisters and with her wild trait she struggles to suppress her emotions!

And that evening it is with sadness that we say goodbye to dog number two! Heidi has been taken for her walk over the rainbow bridge!

Doodle discovers her mother, like her father before that, and she is devastated!

We all are as Mr Grim comes to claim Heidi's beautiful soul!

Heidi is laid to rest next to her mate, Buzz! Vivaan has lots of company now! Perhaps that is why we have rarely seen him these nights!

Unaware of the true meaning of grief at such a tender age, Raven sees how sad her sisters are and doesn't understand!

Abi, being the most sad due to her ongoing mood, is in need of a Raven snuggle! And she is grateful for it! Despite being a wild toddler, Raven has a sweet nature that just wants to love everyone!

To take her mind off things, Abi gets the flash cards out to teach her little sister about the different animals in the zoo. She seems quite interested, but for how long?

And even though it is a solemn time, Caleb and I now have a space in the household and I see that glint in his eye. Unfortunately our daughter has taken to crying it out in our bed rather than her own, and we cannot find the right time to...add to the family?

Finally available, we jump on our bed as Caleb smiles cheekily at me and whispers "Let's make a baby boy!"

I am a mixture of excited and apprehensive, what if I can't give him this boy? All I seem to produce is girls! How can we guarantee we have the mini Caleb he yearns for?

That's if we can conceive at all...I take a pregnancy test...it is negative! For the first time ever after trying for a baby, I am not pregnant!

I am disappointed, but in a way I feel that perhaps the pressure was too much, whatever it is that has stopped us conceiving, I get the feeling we will be practising for a while until I do!

And that's if we can get Esme out of our bed!

Another attempt, another pregnancy test...another negative! Twice now I have failed to get pregnant, what is wrong with me?

Caleb is exhausted, we are trying all the time! He's not beaten yet though...

My sixth pregnancy test is positive!

Now all I need to do is research how to grow a little boy, but first I must break the news to poor, shattered Caleb!

My lovely tired husband stands at his best friend's grave looking sad! I'm sure what I have to tell him will cheer him up! "Caleb? We did it! We're having baby number five!" He smiles at me and nods,
"That's wonderful news baby!" So why don't you tell your face that?
"What's the matter darling?" He sighs and nods at Vivaan's grave.


"I have to tell Viv about Vladislaus! It's only fair he knows! I'm not proud of what I did but if I had my time over again I wouldn't change it! And I meant it when I said I would kill him if he goes near any of our girls...or the one you're carrying right now! Baby let me talk to Viv, I need to...be straight with him!"


Vivaan comes when summoned, and Caleb tells him everything. The growing baby in my belly moves a little as his or her father explains how he took Vladislaus Straud's immortality!


Vivaan nods and floats away, Caleb is worried he is angry, or worse...disappointed in his old friend!


Vivaan is found in his daughter's room dancing to her jukebox! Caleb asks him "Are we good?" He nods and smiles, 
"Course my friend, I just...well it's pretty hilarious thinking about Master Straud being human!" I'm guessing he is fine with the situation then!


With Vivaan and Caleb still good friends, I test out the research I found on conceiving boys, eat carrots and listen to alternative music, so here goes...


The older girls are excited about the baby, I tell them what I am doing to try and ensure I have the boy their father longs for, and they do not laugh! They support me and Esme tells me "I'm quite looking forward to a little brother!"


Another day at school, another grumpy trio of teen girls! Like their mother they do not take to the sun at all! They burn within seconds of stepping out in it!


Esme and Lucas continue their little romance, they are boyfriend and girlfriend now! As they do homework together...


My youngest is up to no good, roaming wild outside until her father catches up with her!


She tries to sweet talk her daddy, and it works! He looks at her with so much love and cannot scold her!


"Aww Raven, my darling girl! What am I to do with you eh?"
"Wuv me daddy, just wuv me!" 
"Well that'll be easy then, oh my sweet girl!" Yes their relationship is so precious!


Lucas leaves our house in a bit of a mood! I'm not entirely sure what has gone on, but it seems that there is trouble in paradise!


Doodle is sick and another trip to the vets costs me dearly...


...in more ways than one! As soon as we return from Brindleton Bay, my lovely baby girl passes away on our downstairs bathroom floor!


Grim takes her soul, and then he has a rifle through our book shelf as Esme tries to concentrate on her homework. She asks him why he keeps taking all her dogs away, he simply replies "As I told your mother sweet Esme, it is my job!"


Mr Grim leaves after much grilling, and Esme watches over her sister as she plays on the old tablet that every child in this household has owned at some point.


Curious Raven asks me to help her build a tower, and I see it as an opportunity to pry her away from her daddy's protective fingers.


She doesn't need my help, she has the hang of it already. Looks like she isn't as slow as we first thought!


All the older girls have projects to complete for school tonight as their Aunt Lilith comes to visit. I am in my third trimester now and feel very uncomfortable, but I keep listening to alternative music through my ear buds and the jukebox, and I have eaten so many carrots I'm surprised I haven't turned my skin orange!


I try to find out what is bothering Abi, and she spills everything that is going through her mind, "I don't like boys mum, they're annoying!"
"Oh?"
"Yeah, they flirt and I feel nothing! I just feel nothing all the time!" I don't know what to say, just this,
"Abi you are young, and there is plenty of time for you to be feeling things. Just concentrate on school, friends, family and things that interest you like exercise for now!" She smiles, nods and heads to her own room, I hope I have helped!


Max Villareal has become a young adult and is sniffing around our house looking for Vivvy who is still very much a teen! I send him packing, I never liked him in the first place! Besides, Alexander Goth is her boyfriend!


Raven's birthday looms and Caleb is trying to make the most of her last days of toddlerhood. He reads her a bedtime story with a sad expression on his face, this will be the last time he does this...


...and as she nods off in her little monster romper, Caleb sniffs back a tear, "The end! Oh Raven my baby, I will miss our time together for soon you will be off to school and making friends without me!"


I try and talk to him about how he is feeling, but he doesn't want to know, I suppose he has spent so much time with Raven thinking she would be our last child that it is hitting him hard and he is reluctant for her to grow up.


Abi is feeling a lot better though, and Buzz comes out to visit. I am feeling the pressure of this baby on my back and I just want it to come out, no matter if it is a boy or a girl!


I have baked a low sugar coconut cake for Raven's birthday!


Now she is a child, she seems embarrassed by my dancing and singing, "Gosh mum!" She mutters.

Yes my little Raven has grown up! She aspires to be a Whiz Kid and she is now a genius! A slow burner as a toddler, she is now the smartest child in the house!

And as her older sisters do their homework peacefully together...


,,,Caleb returns from work with another promotion! And a surprise awaits him, a newly aged Raven can't wait to greet him! "DADDY!"
"Raven?"


Vivaana is also due a birthday in a day or so, so she is jogging to clear her mind again to put her emotional control into the right balance. While out she meets this chap, who laughs at her and walks on, rude!


And finally my labour begins, do or die time!


This labour is as quick as Raven's, I make one last wish for a boy for I have done everything physically that I can possibly do...


...still with my ear buds in listening to alternative music, all my efforts have paid off as I hold my newborn son in my arms!


Landon Smallwood dozes off as soon as he has been breastfed for the first time, with a full belly he is content as his father rushes up the stairs having heard his first cries!


Spotting his son sleeping, Caleb wakes him up just for a hug! He is so ecstatic to have a boy that he snuggles the grumbling newborn in his arms not caring that he has awoken a sleeping baby!


The look on his face says it all as he holds Landon! A son! Finally a son! Those carrots and that music, it works! It truly works!


I scold him for waking Landon, and his adorably guilty face gazes upon me, "Sorry!" He mutters, and I melt. Caleb is complete, he has his son!


Hands on as usual, Caleb will barely let me lift a finger when it comes to little Landon, he really is besotted with this boy! Even changing his dirty nappies is a joy to him!


It's not long before Landon is a toddler and being mollycoddled by all of his sisters, the only boy in the family is definitely being spoiled and showered with attention!


Esme is particularly smitten, and Caleb is none too pleased to have to compete for Landon's attention! "Love you little brother!" She coos as Landon giggles and waves his little fists around in her arms.


But unlike their father, Esme is not all that happy with changing nappies! "Landon, ugh!"
"Soweee!"


My only son is such a sweetie, everyone loves him! He's cheeky with it too but he's just so adorable no one can be mad at him!


Yes he plays on his adorableness way too much! He's curious too and loves to explore around the house! But his real trait, as if anyone could have thought otherwise...


...is of course angelic! And that he is, he laughs, smiles, chats and makes people happy! He is just a wonderful addition to the Smallwood household and his sisters worship the ground he walks on!


Tomorrow Vivaana becomes a young adult, and Caleb is struggling to come to terms with it! He knows that she will want to marry Alex, that he will no longer be the main man in her life! Or that she won't be there to fix his faulty computer!



She has one last jog to clear her mind and boost her emotional control, it's been the only thing she has struggled with since she was a toddler. But my Vivaana is persistent and she dedicates her time to doing things right!


The day has come, my girl now becomes a woman! She blows out her candles and makes a wish, "Don't ask mum!" She laughs before I can open my mouth, I know the drill, it doesn't come true if you say it out loud!

I must let her fly, out of my nest and make her own way in the world! My Vivaana, daughter of my first love, first child from my womb! Now a young Lady!


Vivaana wastes no more time, she invites her young adult boyfriend over and has something she wants to propose to him, "So, wanna move in here with me?"
"Okay!" He mumbles, still glued to the computer! So that's it settled then, no more babies for Caleb and I! Alexander Goth makes eight, a full house!


After a little celebration, Vivvy and Alex break the news to her sisters that he has moved in! They nod and continue with their homework while Raven scowls at her little brother's abandoned meal growing rotten on the table.


Another promotion, another birthday he has missed, but Caleb is greeted again by Raven who is excited to see him home, "DADDY!"
"Raven!" It's now a tradition!


Lucas Munch chooses the wrong time to visit, Esme is thirsty and not for water! She is miserable over the fact that he has aged before her too!


She asks him nicely if he will allow her to drink from him...


...and he is more than happy to give her his blood!



She is ravenous and almost cannot stop, until Lucas pulls away feeling a little annoyed! "Whoa there Esme, slow down, listen I have to tell you something!"


"Oh?"
"Yeah, but first will you put that face away? Sheesh!"


Esme is still in her dark form, and although she isn't as grotesque as some in that form, it seems to scare Lucas!


She wonders what he has to tell her as he heads upstairs towards the sound of Vivaana's jukebox.


He insists on a boogie before sitting Esme down to reveal what it is he wants to tell her...


"So I'm married now! Her name is Catarina!" Esme goes paler than usual and puts on a fake smile, even though she is devastated!


And all she can find to say is "Congrats!"


Meanwhile I am taking in the fact that my eldest child has asked her boyfriend to move in with us, and my youngest child is messing up my floor!


I clean it up and ask him kindly not to do that, he gives me his most innocent, angelic face and I melt!


He now tells me he is hungry, he wants a sandwich, "San-wich pees mummy!" He asks adorably!



He happily munches away while having a contemplative look on his little face!


And then he ventures outside to wreak more havoc no doubt, but do it in an angelic fashion!


Raven continues to be the most clever child in the house...


...while her brother shows off the tower he made "All by myself!" He tells me with a glint in his eye!


In actual fact the tower has been there since his sister built it before she became a child, so he's an angelic fibber! "I show you!" He insists.



"Well um, it much harder dis time mummy!" He grumbles, a likely story my little cherub!


All my girls get along so well, and their father is lecturing them not to age up any more! "I forbid you to grow any older!" He bellows, as my girls laugh at their silly daddy!


Alex is making himself very much at home and has got a job as a Tech Guru. He's climbing up the ranks fast, he's a clever boy!


Abi still struggles with her moods, hormones I am sure, for our chat has made her feel so much better about herself!


Raven is a happy child, she is content to amuse herself! Which is just as well with her little cheeky brother around! I need eyes in the back of my head for that boy!


Raven is good with him though, and she is doing so well in school, I am very proud! She breezes through her homework and always has time to play on the climbing frame outside.


Abigail is trying to jog the bad mood out, as well as getting her emotional control into a good balance. She's had a tough teenhood, poor girl!


Esme is concerned about her twin sister and heads out herself to try and find her, she's been out a couple of hours!


They soon bump into one another, and Esme's fears are gone!


Meanwhile I have a very important meeting! Bella Goth has come over to get acquainted since our families are connected now. And I suppose she wants to see what kind of house her son is living in!

I greet her, we chat...awkwardly! She tells me she must dash and she is off!

That could have gone better, I'm not very good in the sun, it fries my brain!

Vivaana is getting some practice in with her little brother, or "Little bother" as she affectionately calls him. I get the feeling she is becoming broody! However it seems as though Alex is more into his career at the moment.

Abi goes missing again this evening, but rather than be in a mood...

...this time she has followed the melancholy melody of Vladislaus Straud's pipe organ! Yes Abi has ventured up the hill to Straud Mansion, and having Vatore blood, has been permitted entry by the enchanted doors. "Wow that is beautiful!" She exclaims, as Vlad is engrossed in his playing.

Suddenly he turns towards the voice and waves, "Oh hello there young lady! Yes I have been playing for centuries!"
"It is so very beautiful!"

"Tell me young lady, do you play?"
"Me??? Oh no, my older sister, Vivvy, she is the virtuoso in the family!" Vlad's eyes sparkle at the realisation that he is in the presence of a child of Caleb Vatore!
"Please, sit, enjoy the music! I am awaiting a visitor who will be staying with me for a few days, but I have time to play a little longer...just for you!"

Aigail is unaware of who he is, none of my children have ever met Vlad, therefore she is unaware of the implications of this encounter! Vlad is no longer a danger, but he could easily manipulate my daughter against her father if he really wanted! Worse than that, he could persuade her to turn him back to what he once was!

Abi stays all night, but she has to get back for school. She says her goodbyes and heads out into the sun!


And even though it burns her skin and is painful, Vlad's melodies have soothed her! She runs down the hill back to Wolfsbane Manor and does not tell anyone of the lonely man who plays the organ beautifully!

Her younger siblings are teasing one another, Landon likes to be cheeky with Raven knowing he will get away with it because he's cute and she adores him!

And sometimes it irks him that she doesn't get upset. He's angelic yes, but he is still an impish little boy and he likes nothing more than to annoy his big sister!

"Now what is this I hear about you being a little tyke, hmm?" Caleb chuckles at our handsome little man,
"Playing daddy! Hugs?" Yes he certainly is a little character!

"Of course! How can I ever refuse my sweet boy a hug?"
"You can't daddy!" Landon nods confidently as Caleb scoops him up and embraces him with a huge grin on his face, the boy he longed for has been well worth the wait!

When Landon sleeps, I have taken to sleeping next to him, call me an overprotective mother, but it keeps my mind at ease!

Disaster strikes, Caleb discovers a dryer fire and is singed! Everyone else just stands there and panics while I extinguish it!

Caleb thanks me and stalks off, leaving me to deal with the mess! And a mess it is! Luckily we are given 285 simoleans to replace the damaged goods!

What I do not realise is that Caleb was terrified, he has been scared of burning to death since Vivaan was snatched from us so tragically! He weeps in private where no one can see!

Until Alex and Raven appear, "Hey Mr Vatore are you okay? You really should take a shower!"
"Yes Alex I am just about to..."
"Oh daddy that was scary!"
"Yes Raven it was! Now, excuse me while I go and get cleaned up!"

Raven then proceeds to tell her father how she would have hated to lose him to a fire, and he hides the fact that he feels exactly the same, he always feels the need to be strong in front of his family! My Caleb is brave, but he has his moments of doubt and fear! And after his encounter with Vlad, his sensitive side appears more often!

After such a fright, I go and check on my son, who is nowhere to be found until he appears outside the room he shares with his sisters with a mischievous grin on his face, "Where have you been young man?"
"Seecret!" He giggles and wobbles into the room.

He seems quite pleased with himself, at least he is okay and was nowhere near the fire then I suppose I can forgive him! He warms my cold heart so much! I cannot imagine life without him! I can see why Caleb was so desperate for him to be here! He enriches all of our lives!

Especially Raven's, she is in her element when playing big sister! "Aww Landy! I love you!"
"Squish me, can't breathe!"

Raven is good at telling stories, and Landon loves her stories! He stares attentively as she tells him her latest one, he is completely engrossed in what she is saying...

...this one is of an orphaned little boy who discovers he is a prince and in order to prove to the king that he is his long-lost son, he must slay the big purple dragon that terrifies the land! The little orphan boy is of course called Landon, and his eyes are fixed on his sister as she tells the amazing tale of how the boy and the dragon become unlikely friends!

Caleb watches our two babies in awe! "Landon told the dragon that no matter what he would not slay him, he would find a way for the villagers and the dragon to live in peace! Even if that meant he would never be able to go back to the castle and be the prince he was born to be..."

"...Landon and the dragon lived happily ever after!"
"AGAIN AGAIN!" Landon giggles,
"Sorry kiddo, daddy says it's bed time!"
"Boooooo!"

As Caleb puts our son to bed, our twins are teasing their sister's boyfriend mercilessly as he wipes his sweaty palms down his jeans! He is about to do something rather nerve wracking!

"Vivaana Smallwood!"
"Yes?"

"Will you marry me?" Vivvy is shocked, she never expected this, she thought Alex was too involved with work to think about marriage! She was so wrong!

"Oh Alex, YES!"


My eldest daughter is now engaged to be married! Alex picks her up and swings her around the porch happily! At least one of my children is happy and settled!

The celebration will have to wait because as if Caleb sensed his eldest was betrothed, he is victim to another dryer fire!!!


As Abi and Alex extinguish him, he looks disgusted and rather irritated that this has happened again, not to mention that he is the one to discover it once again!!!

"Well Mr Vatore, you'll need to get cleaned up because the wedding starts in about five minutes! My parents are due over here ASAP!" Caleb raises a singed eyebrow and replies,
"Wedding???"


Vivaana and Alexander want to wed as soon as they can, and Vivvy has requested they say their vows next to Vivaan's grave!



It is a beautiful ceremony, Bella, Mortimer and Cassandra Goth are there to celebrate their son's nuptials! My Vivaana is a married woman!

We all retreat to the house for some cake and chat!

And Bella is a little chattier this time around! I am relieved that it isn't because she dislikes this family of vampires that took her son away!


Esme enquires about the bar tending and entertainment careers with our hired bar woman and musician, she is still looking at her options. For once her sister cuts the wedding cake it is time for her and Abi to age up!

With another new dryer and Abi watching the washing, Vivvy declares her undying love to her new husband, only he cannot hear her over the din of the machines!

Raven is mesmerised by the musician who plays the violin even better than her sister Vivaana!

And just as the wedding guests are full of cake, they now have to eat more as my twin girls are about to come of age!

They blow out their candles and say goodbye to their teenage years...


They have grown into two beautiful young women! Their father and I are so very proud of them!

The first thing they both do is grab their phones and find jobs! Abigail joins the Social Media career at level 3, and Esme also joins her job at level 3, the political career!

Vivaana chats happily with her new in-laws. Luckily for her she gets along really well with them all! I wonder what the future now holds, with three of my children young adults, I have two more to raise in the best possible way I can!

There are now two married couple portraits, my girl is a wife! How did this happen? Oh how proud Vivaan must be for I know I am!


The gallery is filling up nicely as Caleb continues to follow the girls in every age! He still has to take photos of the older ones as young adults, but he will get round to it!


My beautiful son looks pleased as punch all dressed up for his oldest sister's wedding! Proudly wearing the suit that makes him feel like his daddy, he grins at everyone and charms his way through all the guests!


My gorgeous little boy is going to be a heart breaker, wrapping the girls around his little finger!


Oh yes, besides he certainly has ME wrapped around his little finger!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)