Sunday 25 February 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Twelve: Blast From The Past

My husband has yearned for a son ever since we conceived our first children. It was always his dream to have a little boy to play with! And when Landon came along, he was complete! What he did not expect when Landon grew up, was for their mornings to consist of playing with his sister's dollhouse!

"So daddy you're Paloma, and I am Ralphus!" Landon instructs his father, "Now Paloma is shocked to come home and find that Ralphus is wearing her clothes and jewellery and is prancing around the poolside pretending to be her!"
"Um..." Caleb is a little stunned, he blames the school for we have no television in the house! Caleb looks at the doll that our son has given to him, shrugs and goes along with it! "Okay so why is Ralphus in her clothes?" Landon sighs impatiently at his father,
"Because that is how he expresses himself and Paloma must accept his life choices!" Caleb doesn't know whether to be shocked that a child would be thinking this, or proud! So he goes with both, Landon is very astute and he watches everything like a hawk!

 He then sheds some light on the subject by adding, "Kayleigh Morton's dad likes to wear her mum's high heels and this green dress that clings to his skin, she told us all about it in class the other day!" Caleb smiles and says in a high pitched voice,
"Why Ralphus, what are you doing? You're going to stretch my favourite gypsy top! Couldn't you have gone for something with more room?"

While my boys are behaving like girls, Abi is offering to help Raven with her latest school project, "Nah I've got it covered!"
"Well if you need me..."
"I don't, it's all good!" Abi feels that there is distance between them since she has been spending so much time with Charley across the street!

She thinks that Raven is angry with her, but the truth is she is just an independent child who likes to do things on her own, plus she is insanely clever!

"Okay I'm helping whether you want me or not!" Abi appears beside her sister as she reads the instructions.
"Well okay then, but we are doing this carefully! I heard all about your messy projects!"

"Um, excuse me? That was not me that was Esme!"
"So you didn't steal the crazy putty and replace it with blu-tac therefore causing your rocket to fall apart in the middle of your presentation?"
"Hey!"
"And what did you need the putty for anyway?" Abi is backed into a corner and confesses,
"I wanted it to put in Esme's hair for a laugh!"

"Hence the reason I do not want nor do I need your help!"
"Raven I...don't be so stubborn!"
"Abigail I am not a little kid..."
"Yes you are..."
"...that can't do her own project!"
"Oh!"

Abi is not defeated, "Well it'll be finished faster if we both do it!"
"Ugh you're not leaving are you?" Raven grunts.
"Nope!"

"Hey guys can I help?" Landon calls to his sisters.
"Did you put him up to this?" Raven interrogates Abi.
"No way, you think I want that little twerp messing this up? I miss doing these and I wanted to spend time with my little sis!"

"Awww!" Raven sniffs, she is touched by Abi's reason for helping.
"Do you guys need a minute?" Landon teases them as they both glower in his direction.
"Sit down and shut up, I'm burning and I want to get this done! Don't mess this up for Raven Landy!"

Landon chuckles as Abi does indeed singe in the sun, but she wants to help Raven! "So, what are we doing?" Landon looks around at both his sisters.
"Solar system!" Raven nods and gets stuck in.

"So I need you to sit and be quiet Landy okay?" Landon is insulted by this.
"No way, I want to help!"
"Ugh what is with all of you? Why can't you get your own projects???"

"Now now Raven, is that any way to show gratitude for your siblings wanting to be in your company? Don't you appreciate how much we love you? Don't you care that daddy and I look after your dolls while you're away?"

"What have you done to my dolls???" Raven shrieks.
"Relax big sister I just babysat for a little while!"
"Ugh Landon! Just...try not to break anything! Abi read out the instructions will you? Abi?"

"Sorry kiddos I need to go, I'm beginning to smell like crispy bacon!"
"Oh great leave me here with the yappy boy!" Raven grumbles.

But despite being reluctant to have Landon's help, they seem to do a good job on Raven's project. "YESSS!" Landon smiles.
"Yeah good job, I'm going to go and get mummy, she needs to see this!" Raven runs indoors.

As I look outside my kitchen window I see Landon making a bit of a mess next to Vivaan's grave!

But like his sisters before him, he cleans up after himself! What lovely, disciplined babies I have reared! I am so proud!

Caleb has managed to get the youngest ones to sit still long enough for a portrait! It is my favourite one so far, it just epitomises their bond! Raven and Landon sure are close!

In a couple of days Raven becomes a teenager and she wants to try and complete her aspiration before her age up. So she has challenged her sister to a game of chess, which she wins!

She then moves onto her father for a better challenge! She manages to beat him too! Caleb is none too pleased, he has been playing the game for hundreds of years and to be bested by a child is something of a blow! But he is so proud of her!

As he licks his wounds, he listens to our daughters discussing the new man in Esme's life with an irritated expression on his face. Raven has found another victim in her eldest sister and is chiming in about the mysterious Rick. "Is he tall?"
"Um not exceptionally no!" Esme replies as Caleb is getting even more jealous as the conversation progresses.

"Oh daddy what's that face for?"
"What face?" Caleb shrugs, trying to act cool.
"That face that says you want to lock me up in the attic and never let me out!"
"Oh that look!" Caleb grunts.

My beautiful husband! He really must learn to let go! He is far too overprotective of his children! Esme continues to gush about Rick and his lovely eyes, dark hair and pointy ears like hers! I see! So he is possibly a vampire? Caleb is still not the least bit impressed!

Alex and Landon check on the chess match, Landon cheering for Raven and Alex for Vivaana naturally.

Even Vivaan comes out to observe the epic battle of the brains! "Who's winning?" He asks
"Don't distract us father!" Vivaana scolds him.
"Distract her all you  like uncle Vivaan!" Raven smiles sweetly.

And when I come through to join them with Abi, I am treated with the "Rick is a God" topic! I must admit I am intrigued, I do hope that Esme will finally be happy! She deserves to have what Abi and Vivvy have!

Esme has a date with the elusive Rick Stone, it is their first meeting since they were initially introduced at the nightclub. He wastes no time in greeting her with a kiss. "Rick!" Esme breathes his name.
"My darling Esme you are more beautiful today than you were before!"

"Oh stop, the sun has cracked my skin on the way here! I don't do sunlight!" Esme blushes as Rick waves a hand and shakes his head.
"You are radiant my dear!"
"You talk just like my mother!" Esme laughs.
"Oh?"

"Rick?"
"Yes my dear!"
"How long have you been a vampire?" Rick smiles, he is like us, there is no denying!
"A very long time my darling Esme, longer than you can imagine! But I feel like a teenager when I am around you!"

Rick takes Esme in his arms and kisses her passionately, the fact that he is a vampire means they can live a long and happy life without Esme worrying about him dying. That always worried me when I was searching for my soulmate, if he had been a human, it would have been difficult!

Esme has to go but before she does, she asks Rick to be her boyfriend. He of course says yes! "Will you come and meet my parents?" He smiles and caresses her cheek,
"For you my dear Esme, anything! Just tell me the time and the place!"

"The creature retreated into the cave with the arrow embedded in it's chest, blood pouring from the wound like a waterfall...what is this Raven?"
"Just keep reading daddy!"

"I don't think you will sleep after this sweetheart..."
"Daddy just keep reading?" Caleb is trying to tire Raven out with a nice book before bed, but her choice of story is rather gory.
"Fine...Horatio followed the creature and as it lay dying on the cold, rocky cave floor, he dug the arrow further in and pulled it roughly out, taking the creature's heart with him! Oh my gosh Raven!!!"
"Hehehe! Sleepy now daddy!"
"Lucky you, for I will have nightmares!" Caleb chuckles.

My daughters are behaving like teenagers and having a romance talk, prompted by the fact that Esme is going through the first flush of love. I listen to them and smile, she really is quite taken with this young Rick fellow!

Esme then announces that she has invited Rick over to meet me and Caleb! Her sisters nod in approval, having met him they also are quite taken with him!

Vivvy gushes, "Oh mum, he has these lovely green eyes and he talks like you, all eighteenth century nobleman!" She laughs, it is true that I still speak the way I used to as a girl, but since meeting Caleb and having our children I do try and loosen up my vocabulary.

As Esme and Vivaana laugh at their mother's expense, Abi chimes in "Hey I don't bat for that team, but I have to admit he is pretty fit for a guy!"

"Will you all just keep your opinions and lustful thoughts to yourselves thank you very much! He is mine!" Esme giggles and throws her hands up in mock annoyance.

"Anyway..." She becomes rather serious for a moment, then a smile breaks out on her pretty face, "...it just so happens that I asked him round to meet you mum, tonight!" My heart goes thunk down to my feet!

Oh my days I am not ready! I need preparation, I need to bake and tidy up before we have such an important visitor! "When tonight?" I blurt out, while fighting back a bout of nervous nausea,
"In about five minutes!" Esme nods at her watch. Wonderful!

 Caleb arrives home from work as our son is there to greet him. Having overheard our conversation while doing his chores he announces, "Daddy! You're just in time! Esme's new boyfriend is coming over to say hi!" Landon giggles and runs inside.

 Not long after, I come downstairs and see the sihouette of a young man with dark hair walking towards our front steps as Esme rushes past me with an excited squeal!

 "Rick! You came!"
"Of course!" He grins, "I wouldn't let you down my dear!"
"Come on in and meet the rest of my family! My mother can't wait!" An exaggeration, I have had this sprung upon me somewhat! 

 "Mum!" Esme declares chirpily as she brings the dark haired young man into our home, "This is Rick, Rick this is my mother Trixie!"

I Smile and look towards the young man, but suddenly my smile fades and an icy chill runs down my back, "Hello Ms Smallwood, pleased to meet you! I am Rick Stone, your lovely daughter has told me so much about you!" He grins at me, he is so smug, I want to smack his perfect face, well the one he is showing to humans...I know his real face! Thirty whole years we've been apart, and he chooses now to turn up? With my daughter no less???

I don't remember you as Rick Stone, no you are DARICK BLUDSTONE and you turned me into a vampire over 200 years ago!!! You are not the beautiful, raven haired, green eyed Adonis you appear to be! You are ancient, you are ugly, and you are evil!!!

You stand there, grinning at me as if we've never met? You are courting my daughter, as if you didn't know with a name like Smallwood! With a complexion like mine, freckles, not to mention she has my voice! It's merely a coincidence that you appear on my doorstep! PAH!

"Get. Out. Of. My. House!" I growl as my daughter gasps and exclaims,
"Mum!?!?!" Darick holds his hands over his mouth in mock shock and gives me those big green eyes...

Esme gives me one of the dirtiest looks, if looks could kill I'd be murdered by my own daughter! She squeals for her daddy and stomps off, I believe she is seeking his back-up and wanting him to question why her mother has gone completely mad!

And I am alone in the hallway with this...monster! He smiles at me, an evil grin spread across his face, and he whispers "Surprise Beatrix! I told you I would find you!" He winks, then that mock surprise returns as my son-in-law appears from the bathroom and calls to him...

"Rick, dude!" He waves, Darick frowns and shakes his head,
"Hey there Alex, I...I'm sorry I have to leave, Ms Smallwood wants me out of her house!" You B*st*rd! "Please tell Esme I'm sorry and I'll call her!"
"Oh..." Alex raises an eyebrow as Darick spins around and dashes dramatically out of my house.

"...S-see see ya!" Alex shakes his head and turns to me,
"What have you got against Rick mum? He's a great guy!" If only you knew young Alex! If only I could tell you! But Esme and my girls must be the first ones to know before you, it's only fair!

But how do I tell them? Abi is not pleased with me either! "Mum Esme adores Rick, why were you so damn rude???" I cannot have this conversation yet, I need to find my bearings, so I lash out! Good one Trixie!
"Abigail I am your mother, you do not question me! I know what is best for all of my children and DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!" That's really going to go down well!

Darick Bludstone swaggers down my path with a smirk on his face! This animal who turned young Beatrix Smallwood, the studious girl from a well-to-do background, into Trixie the creature of the night! Evil, manipulative, abusive...and unrepentant! I cannot let that thing see my daughter a minute longer!

My daughters sit around the table discussing my "wobbly"! They think their mother has lost the plot! I cannot even tell Caleb, not after what he did to Vlad! I am scared another obstacle like that might tip him over the edge! I have seen how he keeps those aggressive urges at bay with dark meditation! No I must solve this alone!

And as I am trying to devise a plan, Esme surprises me and wants to have "the conversation" before I am ready or prepared for her onslaught of questions! "Mum?"
"Not now Esme!"
"Yes now, please mum! I love Rick!" Her words are like a hot poker through my cold heart!

I do not want to hear this! "Esme that's enough!" I mutter.
"No! Mum please give Rick a chance?"
"Rick..." I laugh bitterly, that is not his name!

"Esme, I am very tired and drained! I must rest before I collapse! We can talk about this later!"
"No we are talking about this now! I have never met a man like him, and I never will again! He's the one mum! He's my soulmate!" Another searing hot poker through my body, no my darling, please do not fall for him like your stupid mother did hundreds of years before you!

"ENOUGH!" I shout, it makes her jump, "I am tired, let me rest and we will discuss this another time!"
"Mother..." She calls to me, her voice is shrill and shocked, I ascend the stairs with legs like lead! How am I going to break this news to her? 

While I am resting, I hear my daughters talking about me again, they are confused over my reaction to "Rick"! Even Vivaana, who is a sensible girl, is questioning my sanity! "Maybe she's suffering from plasma deficiency or something..."

"I dunno, what exactly has she got against him?"

"She didn't say, she refused to talk about it! I...I just don't understand!" I hear Esme's voice break and she begins to weep. I bite the bullet and head downstairs for a glass of water, now is the time!

My girls fall silent as I join them in the living room, I take a large swig of my water, and I begin...

"Okay girls, I must explain! Rick Stone is not the man he appears to be..." I sigh and take another drink, all of their eyes are on me as I begin my story.

Raven continues to be the star pupil in her class, the first thing she does when she comes home is do her homework!

I have begged my daughters not to tell their father about Darick, it is just not what he needs to hear right now! Not when he and Landon are getting along so well!

Caleb has got used to playing dolls with his lovely boy! Any time with him is precious time! He dreads the day Landon grows up, I think if Caleb had his way all of our children would remain simply that...CHILDREN!

In a few hours Raven will become a teen, so Caleb is trying to fit in time with her and with our son, they have projects to do and he is trying to juggle between helping them both. I feel this is the perfect opportunity to tell him about Darick and our daughter...

...I have every intention of bringing up the fact that my maker is here and he is courting our young adult daughter! I will have this conversation, I cannot hide it any longer and I know one of our girls will blurt it out at some point! They are not good at keeping secrets from their daddy!

I sit down with him and our youngest children, "Caleb..." I begin, but I am interrupted.
"Ah Trixie just in time!" He points to Landon and adds, "You help Landy there and I'll get Raven's finished, sound good?" I sigh and lose my bottle.
"Yes, yes sounds good!" I reply, a little relieved that we can hold off this conversation a little while longer!

Projects complete and bellies full, Raven can't wait to blow out her candles! Caleb is sad to see another of his babies age up, I must admit I am too but I am also excited at the possibilities that are now opening up for her!

Raven blows her candles out and announces "I wish for happiness, just that! No more and no less!" 

I wish it too my darling, for you have grown into the most beautiful teenager! I am so very proud! I see myself in her so much more now she is older!


Raven aspires to be a Renaissance Sim, she is a clever girl and she will go far!

And despite having grown up, she still has time for her little brother, showing off her dance moves as he looks on!


"Oh my gosh!" He guffaws, Raven is not afraid to make a fool of herself for his enjoyment!
"Hey don't dis the moves little brother!" She acts serious as Landon groans.


"Oh you're so embarrassing!" He giggles and covers his face, "Raven please don't do that in public!"

Tonight I have decided to tell Caleb all about Darick and Esme. Please courage do not fail me now! He kisses me tenderly on the cheek and I almost chicken out! "Caleb?"
"Yes baby?"

"I need to talk to you!"
"Oh? Sounds serious!" He winks at me then raises an eyebrow, "You're not pregnant are you?"
"What?" He catches me off guard, "No, there isn't any room remember?"
"Ah yes, sorry! Got a bit carried away! All the kids are growing way too fast it was wishful thinking."

"Caleb please, come sit with me. I have something important to tell you." He eyes me warily, and so he should! This is going to be one of the hardest talks I've ever had with my darling Caleb.
"Trixie I have work in an hour, make it quick okay?"

We sit together in awkward silence, Caleb sighs impatiently and I wring my hands with nerves. How do I even start??? "Trixie, I really do have to go soon!"
"Oh, um, well..."
"What is this about?" I grab the bull by the horns and begin.
"Caleb, you remember me telling you about Darick?"
"Ugh, him! Forget him Trixie, he's a non entity who took away a young girl's innocence and freedom and he deserves to rot in a hole somewhere with two hours of sunlight so he can suffer excruciating pain but not die because that's way too good for..."
"CALEB!"

Caleb's eyes widen at my raised voice, "What Trixie? What about him?"
"What would you do if he...appeared here in Forgotten Hollow?" His face twists into rage and I know my answer, I cannot tell him! I just cannot! He stands up and cannot hold my gaze.

"Trixie you know how I feel about you, you are my life! You and the children! If someone like Darick Bludstone were to rock up here and try to hurt any of you, I'd kill him or I'd die trying! He is the past and I am your present and future, he is gone from your life and he'll stay there if he knows what's good for him!"

"Now I have to go, we need money and I have to work for it!"
"Caleb..." I cannot tell him! 
"What?"
"I love you!"

My husband kisses me lightly on the forehead and leaves for work, I cannot tell him! I must deal with this on my own! Darick is my sire, creator, mentor! We have a psychic bond, I just have to call out to him in my mind to find him, something I have suppressed for over 30 years!

I find him, at Straud Mansion of all places! "Ah Beatrix, I knew you couldn't keep away!" He laughs, I see Vlad playing away feverishly on his pipe organ, oblivious to my presence.
"Vladislaus Straud Darick? Really?"
"He was once one of my children!" Vlad? Made by Darick???

"As you are my darling Beatrix, come sit, come sit!"
"No!"
"I can make you if you prefer!"

I do as I am told, I know he can make me do things! Even now I still find him irresistible! He could have controlled me that night he came to my house, but I'm guessing he wanted to turn Esme against me! "What do you want Darick?"
"Vladislaus enough! Leave us!" He calls to Vlad, who robotically stops playing and wanders upstairs.

"Why Beatrix I missed you!" I wish he would stop calling me by my real name! "You just disappeared, one minute you were there and the next you were gone! I searched for you, but you have eluded me all of these years! You were to be my right hand man...sorry lady! After all, that is what you were when I met you is it not? Lady Beatrix Smallwood of Avery Terrace! A fine young lady you were too!"

"Yes, until you defiled me!" He looks hurt by this statement.
"I saved you! Your father had you betrothed to Horatio Rothschild! An imbecilic insect of a man! My darling you were far too good for him! And now, Caleb Vatore? My grandson?" He laughs wickedly at the word grandson!

"You are a twisted individual Darick, you do know that!"
"Oh Beatrix..."
"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" I scream in frustration, "AND SHOW ME YOUR REAL FACE! LOOK AT ME AS THE MONSTER YOU TRULY ARE!!!" Darick nods sadly and does as I ask...

...I see him now as I should always see him! Count Bludstone, the most evil creature that ever walked the earth as far as I am concerned! "Happy now my sweet Trixie?"

I look at him with disgust, this is the only way I can remind myself that he is a monster! "Why go after my daughter???" I demand.
"It got your attention didn't it?"
"Please Darick I beg of you, leave her out of this!" He gives me his familiar, evil smile.

"What's in it for me?" His smile changes to a scowl, "For if I cannot have you Beatrix, I will take the next best thing!" He really is despicable! "Have you told Caleb about me? We have so much to catch up on, grandpa Darick wants to say hello!" He lets out a croaky laugh and his red eyes glow menacingly at me.

"Caleb Vatore is ten times the man you will ever be! When he finds out you are manipulating his daughter he will kill you with his bare hands!"
"Oh I very much doubt that my dear, I am far older and wiser than young Vatore! He is a baby in comparison to me, what skills he has picked up in his mere 700 years is playschool stuff! I can crush him like a bug and you know it, or you wouldn't be here now!" He is right, and I hate that he is right!

"Have you no conscience at all???" He laughs at me.
"Conscience?" The word seems alien in his mouth, he practically has to spit it out!
"If there is a shred of decency in you, please, leave my family be! First Vlad and now you! Why do you insist..."

"Oh but my dear, Vlad was only acting o my instructions, involuntarily of course! I thought that if Caleb gave you all up to him, then I could have you! But the little leech really does love you! Go figure!"

"You will never have me, I'd rather die!" He grows angry and erupts at me.
"Oh that is a foolish statement my dear, if you do not obey me it will not be you who dies...no I have so many to choose from! Your four daughters...your son...your...CALEB!"
"You leave Caleb alone..."
"Oh but my dear, where would the fun in that be?"

I cannot reason with him, this is a waste of time! "Goodbye Darick, we are getting nowhere here!"
"Oh my dear, why must you be so stubborn?" Darick lets out a throaty chuckle as I head for the stairs.

"Oh my dear? Er, one more thing!"
"Please just let go, find someone new and let me go!"
"But I have..." He blinks at me, "...and her name is Esme! She is the vision of her mother in almost every way, except she will OBEY ME! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" My entire body turns to ice, I feel sick! "Tread carefully darling Beatrix, for one day you may find you are one family member down!"

I run home with fear in my heart and tears in my eyes! I made a mistake confronting him, I have only angered him and made things worse! He could hurt any one of my family! What I am unaware of is the fact that Esme has gone out...

...she is outside Vlad's mansion, Darick is kind enough to send me visions of my sweet girl all dressed up and excitedly waiting for him!

To Be Continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)