Wednesday 29 January 2020

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: Jealousy Thy Name Is...

"Hey girl, heard you had an accident!" A familiar voice behind Dexter called out as he was heading home from his mother's, Jeremy fucking Price! Always referring to Dex as girl due to his pretty boy features. He turned around slowly and retorted,
"Hey fuckwit, heard your girlfriend dumped you and ran off!" Jeremy's face went crimson and he roared back at him.


"Oh she'll be back, she always comes back!"
"I don't think so Jeremy, it's hard to come back from realising you met a prince and kissed him only for him to turn into a toad!" Jeremy jerked forward, as if he was going to hit him, but then stopped himself.


"Fuck you! Katie..." The look of anger turned to embarrassment, he'd outed himself, dick! Dexter mocked him by clapping slowly.
"Bravo, you told the truth for once! It's okay Jer, I know all about it and believe me you will never see her again!"


As he walked away from him, Jeremy was ranting behind him, he just let him make a fool of himself in the street, "If I find out you had anything to do with it I'll...I'll...you're dead Maloney...DEAD!" Get in line, Dexter thought. He and Alex both wanted him dead. Speaking of Alex, Dex was planning on talking to Lainie today as soon as he got home, and he was super nervous about it.


Dexter stood outside Lainie's room, trembling. His heart was racing and his temples throbbed with the threat of a fresh hell of a headache. If this didn't work, then it was over! He was giving up on them for good, and he didn't want that! He hoped this would be the start of her opening up to him finally.


Knocking softly, he licked his lips nervously and wiped his sweaty palms down his jeans as Roxy happened to be passing by from the kitchen. Great! "Hey there Maloney!" She called to him as she headed for Matthew's room. Dexter was so on edge that he couldn't even think of a witty response to her.


Lainie opened the door and took his breath away, as she always did, she was the prettiest little thing he'd ever laid eyes on. "Hi!"
"Hello Dexter." So it was Dexter now was it? No Dexy?
"Hi, yeah um..." How to start!


"Is everything alright?" No actually, that's the most you've said to me in a long time!
"Freckles I need your help!" Yes, play the sympathy card, brilliant!
"Oh no, has something happened? Is it your head?" She was now beginning to panic.
"No, no no! I...you know my memories are sketchy so..." She was staring so intently at him that he felt so very self conscious.


"Lainie help me remember? Please? Not knowing certain stuff is killing me!"
"I don't know how I..."
"CookieGurl, Born2Rok, getting drunk and you letting me sleep it off on your bed. I need details, all of it! You have to be completely open and honest because I need to remember my life freckles! It's important! Please!" It looked like his heart string tugging had got him somewhere.


She nodded and agreed to help him, "Okay Dexy." Dexter sighed with relief and a small tingle ran through his whole body when she called him Dexy again.
"Great! Are you free right now?" No time like the present.
"Yes..."
"Even better, let's get started!"


Dexter asked Lainie a bunch of questions about the whole CookieRok saga, he was saving the best for last though and finally mentioned the intimate texting, "So you knew who I was when..."
"I did!" She looked away guiltily.
"And yet you still sent those texts to me? You let me send those texts to you?" Lainie groaned and shook her head angrily.
"You see Dexy? This is why I wanted to draw a line under this for the sake of our friendship. You're going to hate me all over again!"


"No, freckles I could never hate you!"
"But you did!" Her voice broke as she finally looked at him, "And it almost killed me inside!"
"I don't now though, tell me why you did it. I promise I won't hate you!"
"Because I wanted to have something that was mine and mine alone. I wanted to think that a lovely boy like you could like a girl like me! I'm not the type of woman who you should be seen with, but for one brief moment...I made you feel something!"


Dexter was speechless, what the heck was she talking about? Not the type of girl to be seen with, what the fuck? She was gorgeous and way out of his league, how could she not see that he felt something every day for her? Not those texts, not their anonymous romance, it was her! "So then you hated me, I left for a while and you started to not hate me. You screwed that crazy girl while I was away..."


"...and then when I got back you came to me drunk out of your skull and crying about how guilty you felt over screwing the crazy girl and you wanted my forgiveness. I let you sleep it off and in the morning you were gone, end of!"
"But..."


Suddenly she stood up, "End of Dexter! I can't tell you any more and I have stuff to do so can you go?" Wow, welcome back cold Lainie!
"Wait, can we talk about this? Please?"
"You wanted answers and I gave you them, I believe I'm now relieved of my duties!"


Dexter sat for a moment, thinking how he was going to win her over, "This is the last chance Evelyn for you to tell me that CookieRok was not nothing, that we were really into each other, that..."
"JUST.GO!"


Dexter was so stunned that he didn't even realise he was standing in the hallway. He didn't even notice Alex standing in front of him until he started shouting, "What the fuck are you doing in MY GIRLFRIEND'S ROOM???"
"Fuck you!" Dexter muttered as Lainie came out of her room.


"I'M GONNA RIP YOUR FUCKING FACE OFF RIGHT HERE!"
"Alex! Leave him alone!" To Dexter's shock, Lainie was actually defending him!
"It's him that should be leaving you alone! Babe can't you see he's trying to steal you from me?" Dexter let out a long, exaperated sigh.
"She's not a belonging, she's an autonomous human being! I can't steal someone that doesn't want to be taken!"


Lainie intervened as both men stared each other down, "Alex? You are being unreasonable! Dexter and I are friends, we live together. We have been since before you and I got back together, I will not give up the way I lived before you came back. I'm sorry!" Alex glared at Dexter one last time, turned heel and left.


"Thanks!" Dexter smiled at Lainie, but his relief was short lived.
"Why do you always have to fight with him?"
"HEY! He started it freckles!"


"Dexy, just don't wind him up again please! It's me that has to deal with the consequences not you! Now excuse me while I go after him and try to fix this mess!" What did she mean by that? He didn't like the sound of it. He didn't do anything, Alex started it with him!


He couldn't get her words out of his head, knowing what Alex was capable of it scared him to think that he might be hurting Lainie. He'd been worried about that for a long time, but now he was terrified.


He went looking for Ashton but couldn't find him anywhere. He really needed to talk to him. Drew was strumming in the practice room as Dexter checked in there for Ash. "Oh hey there younger Maloney! Come for some practice? Can't believe we start recording in a few days!"
"Uh no I...have you seen Ash?"
"Not since breakfast time, why?" Dexter frowned, where could he be?
"No reason, just needed to talk to him."


Drew put down the guitar and approached him, "Well I'm here bud, if you need to talk? I feel like we don't do enough of that these days and after the accident..."


"It wasn't an accident!" Dexter blurted out. Shit! Only Ash knew about that!
"What do you mean? You fell!" Drew let out a nervous laugh.
"I was pushed, by...somebody, look Drew I need you and Char and everyone to do me a favour okay?"


"Anything!" As if it needed to be said, his best friend had his back straight away.
"Keep an eye on Lainie for me? I need everybody to watch out for her okay? And please don't ask any questions, just trust that I need you to help me keep her safe!"


"It's Alex isn't it?" Drew didn't require an answer by the expression on Dexter's face, "He's a creep, Char often says so and she never says anything bad about anyone except her mother!"
"Please don't tell anyone, not even Charlotte! You and Ash are the only ones who know that he pushed me!"
"So it was Alex!" Drew nodded, he looked stunned and furious at the same time, "Son of a bitch! Have you told the police?"
"Andrew I have no proof, what would I tell them?"
"Oh!" Was all he could say to that. "D'you think he would hurt Lainie?" Dexter's heart ached and his head was spinning.


He looked him straight in the eyes, and although it hurt him to say the words, he had to instill in Drew how dangerous Alex Wilder really was, "I think he already has!" He mumbled, as Drew still couldn't take in his best friend's revelations.


Ashton sat awkwardly next to Carol Daley, Erin's mother, in her living room. She seemed to be examining him in minute detail. He tried to smile but he was way too nervous. "So Ashton..." Carol piped up, "...what is it that you do?"
"Um, I work part-time as a Lifeguard and the rest of the time I play in a band."
"Ah, yes. Erin loves your band!"


"That's how we met." Ash nodded as he wondered where Erin was, "Did you...um...did you tell her I was here?" Carol gasped and jumped up as if someone had zapped her with a taser.
"Oh no, shit! Sorry, I'll go and get her now!" Ash sighed as Erin's mother breezed into another room muttering to herself. They looked so alike, it was like getting a glimpse into the future and seeing what Erin would look like when she was older.


After a good ten minutes, Erin appeared with an expression on her face that Ash couldn't read as her mother excused herself and headed into the kitchen. He jumped out of his seat and breathed, "Hi!"
"Hello Ashton." She replied with very little emotion.
"How are you? I missed you, you've not been answering my calls..." Erin simply stared at him in disbelief.


"Can you blame me?"
"No..."
"Asthon you basically told me to go away, you pushed me aside with very little effort and you expect me to come running whenever you click your fingers?"
"You look good!" Was he even listening?
"Just go home Ashton, I have nothing to say to you!"


"No, wait! Please Erin come home with me!" Ash tried to grab hold of her as she turned away from him.
"I've met someone, okay?" Those words cut right through his soul.
"You...you...what?" He was struggling to breath as she looked everywhere but at him.


"I'm seeing a really nice guy who puts me first, who is willing to fight for me, who is everything...you're not!" Ashton's heart was thudding so slowly he thought it might stop, and the pain in his chest was almost unbearable.


"Go.Home!" She looked at him then, and she made it quite clear that there was no room in her life for him.
"I am truly sorry Erin, please believe that!"
"Too little too late!" She left him standing in her parents' living room in complete devastation.


When he got home, Dexter was relieved to see him. "Oh thank God you're here!"
"Not now Dex!"
"No Ashy this is important!" That childhood nickname again, it must be important.
"What?" Ash growled, he really wasn't in the mood for his brother's drama today of all days.


Dexter could see Ash wasn't himself and diverted the conversation, "Ashy what's wrong?"
"Nothing I'm fine!"
"Bullshit, what's happened? Where have you been?" Ash sighed and gave his brother the saddest look he had ever seen.
"I went to see Erin to try and get her to come back with me, but she's moved on so..."


"Shit! She got a job?"
"No!" Ash shook his head, "New guy!"
"Pfft bollocks she has!" Dexter scoffed, "Ash she's crazy about you, there is no way she got over you that fast trust me!"
"She said she'd met someone else and that he's everything I'm not! He fights for her and he puts her first and he's really nice. So I guess I'm none of those things, eh!"
"Ouch!"
"Yeah, she sent me packing." Ash wanted to cry, but he took several deep breaths to stop himself.


"What's your emergency?" He needed to get his mind off of his broken heart, also he was worried about what his little brother had gotten into now.
"I'm scared Ashy, I'm scared for Lainie! I think Alex is hurting her and I need everyone to help me protect her!"
"Dex, we know how dangerous he can be but why would he hurt Lainie? He loves her!"


"Something she said gave me chills, something about her facing the consequences of my actions, like he takes his anger out on her. I dunno, I just worry about her so much! What do I do Ashy?" Ash didn't know, he really had no idea. Trying to get his mind off of Erin hadn't worked and all he could think about was her, but Lainie might be in trouble so he had to focus.
"You're asking me for advice? After the fuck-up I've made of my life?"


"Ashy, there is no other guy, she's lying! You get back there, sling her over your shoulder and carry her home. Then you give her a reason to stay...all night if you have to!"
"Dexter!"
"No I mean it, you be assertive with her! You tell her you're sorry, you love her and that she's coming home...now! She wants you to fight for her, like she said this guy supposedly does!" Dexter had a point, Ash had to prove how he felt, he had to show her she was his number one priority now that Dex was better.


"You're right, wow that's scary! My advice to you kiddo is you keep fighting too! Don't let Alex win, always be there like a bad smell because Lainie will need you when he truly does hurt her, and trust me he will! He'll break her heart and you have to be there to help her put it back together!" Sound advice, there was his big bro!
"I will! Good luck with Erin!" Ash smiled and thought about her, she didn't seem at all happy about being in a new relationship now that he thought of it. One last chance, the worst she could do was say no! It was worth one last shot!


Dexter had a meeting with Mr King at the gallery, one he would happily swerve if he could but it had to be done. His paintings were being displayed on Monday and he had to arrange them in a way that Mr King approved of. As he marched towards the huge building, he was aware of footsteps behind him, Selena. "Hello lover, I missed you!"


"Jesus Selena do you ever quit?"
"I love you, my handsome fella!" She blinked at him with an unreadable expression, she was like a robot.
"I'm not your fella, we're never gonna happen. Please take the hint, I only fucked you because I was drunk! It will never happen again!"
"Why do you have to be so mean?" She whimpered, and now there was emotion, shit!


"Selena..."
"Why do you run after a woman who has a boyfriend like a lost puppy dog? She will never love you the way I do and she will never give you the attention and devotion that I can!"


"And you will never even be half the woman Evelyn Robertson is! She's my soulmate Selena, she's my one and only get it into your head you freak!" Dexter knew he'd gone too far even before it left his lips, but he couldn't control it. Selena squeezed her eyes shut and whimpered,
"So mean!"


"Yeah I'm a very bad man, best for you to stay the fuck away!" As he walked away from her towards the gallery she called after him,
"I'm available, she's not! Just be with me my darling, I will cherish you!" Dexter didn't look back or dignify her comment with an answer. That was never going to happen!


Erin sighed and screwed her eyes shut when she opened the door and saw Ash standing there, "Ashton what do you want?"
"You! And I am not leaving here until you pack your bags and come back to Newcrest with me!"


"Erin, I am truly sorry for hurting you and I will be forever making it up to you until the day I die, please come home?"
"Ash..."
"Go pack your bags!"
"What..."
"I love you Erin Daley!" Erin let out a little sob and tears filled her eyes, he had never said he loved her. He was always afraid to.


Erin tried to process what he had just said, "You really hurt me!"
"I know!"
"You broke my heart!"
"Yes, and I deserve to be punished. Please Erin, don't do what I did and throw away the best thing that's happened to both of us?" But now he had said he loved her things were different, "I love you too!" She croaked. Who was she fooling? There was no other guy, the only guy for her was standing in front of her asking her to come home.

"You have to promise never to shut me out again, we are a team, we are a couple and we have no secrets. We figure things out together!"
"Yes ma'am!" He nodded nervously, he was scared, it was adorable. She let him sweat for a few moments, then agreed to come home, 
"I'll go get my stuff!" She saw his shoulders sag with relief as a small smile appeared on her tear stained face. She was coming home, but he wasn't getting off as lightly as he thought.


Dexter waited for Lainie to come home, when she did Alex was with her. "You didn't have to walk me home."
"I wanted to make sure you got here safely!" He grabbed her behind and she flinched, as Dexter looked on he noticed that Lainie was different, she was cowed.


"Well thanks Alex, I'll call you later!" Alex grabbed hold of her and her body was as stiff as a board as he kissed her, putting on a show for Dexter to prove a point.


As he let her go she scuttled off to her room and the look on her face gave Dexter chills. "Alright mate?" Alex called to him, and Dex saw red. He marched over to him ready to have it out with him once and for all.


The smirk on his face made him stop in his tracks, remembering what Lainie had said earlier about suffering consequences, he took another approach. "Look Alex, it's pretty obvious you don't like me and the feeling is mutual..." Alex was still smirking, it made his blood boil.


"...but don't take it out on Lainie, okay?" And now his face was twisted with rage.
"Don't you tell me what to do! She's mine!" The way he said the word mine gave Dexter a horrible feeling in his gut.


"If you try and interfere in our relationship again I won't just push you down the stairs this time...I'll break your fucking neck with my bare hands! Got it?" Dexter smiled, and it unnerved Alex. He was no longer the big man with the deadly threats.


Dexter was very pleased with himself, looking into those soulless brown eyes he simply replied, "Oh yes, I definitely got it!" Alex turned heel and left as Dexter's smile grew even wider.


Reaching into his back pocket and bringing out his phone, he was very proud of himself, he'd got Alex to admit he had tried to kill him. He had recorded the whole thing. "Most importantly..." Dexter mumbled as he watched Alex get in his car and drive off, "...I've got you where I want you, asshole!"


Dexter knocked on Lainie's door as a little voice called "Just a minute!" so quietly that he didn't hear her. His fear and frustration for her was so overwhelming that he just barged into her room where she was standing in front of the mirror in her bra. He had a whole speech...


...he was going to give her a piece of his mind for staying with a creep like that and he was going to tell her how angry and scared he was. She let out a little gasp at the sight of him standing there, and although she was shocked to see him, she could never be as stunned as Dexter was...


...his whole speech had gone, his mind had no room for it. Not after his eyes were fixed on Lainie's once beautiful, flawless pale skin. He could hardly believe his eyes, he had never wanted to be wrong about something in his entire life. 


But he was not wrong about this, as he stared at her with stinging eyes, the bruises all over her...


...the anger inside of him hit boiling point and he growled "I'm gonna fucking kill him!"

To Be Continued...

What is Dexy going to do? What will Lainie's explanation be? Will she make up a lame story? Can Dexy get her away from evil Alex? We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)