Wednesday 11 March 2020

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty: The Ultimate Betrayal!


After the heated discussion with his brother and the topics of conversation, Dexter was lying down with a belter of a headache when his door burst open and Lainie came running inside in a panic. 


"Freckles?" Dexter turned his head and squinted to see her as she cried out his name,
"Dexy!" He shot up from the bed, headache forgotten, and grabbed her before her knees buckled underneath her.


Holding her tightly in his arms he tried to calm her down but she wasn't making much sense, "Oh Dexy he...with her...and..."
"Shhh, baby what's happened?" She just shook in his arms, and he let her. They stood there for a few minutes as her breathing became a little more steady, then the banging started.

Dexter could have swore it was in rhythm to his headache as he tried to work out where it was coming from, "Dexy, don't answer it please!" Lainie begged, her big sapphire blue eyes impaling his.
"Why baby? What's..." His sentence was cut short as he heard his brother shouting and arguing with another male voice...


...Alex! Dexter went out into the hall to see a disheveled woman beating scumbag standing toe to toe with his big, ripped brother. "I wanna see her!" He shrieked, as Ashton growled at him like a bear about to tear him apart,
"Over my dead FUCKING BODY!!!"


"She's my girlfriend and you have no right..."
"You gave away any right when you did what you did, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!" Ash had him by the throat as Dexter approached and tried to calm him down. Lainie was grabbing onto the back of his t-shirt clinging to him desperately.


"What the fuck is going on here?" Dexter addressed Alex, although it made him feel sick to do so.
"I wanna see Lainie, we need to talk!" Lainie peeked from behind Dexter's back and shook her head violently, the Maloney brothers saw that as an emphatic no.
"Well she doesn't wanna see you!" Dexter tapped his brother to let Alex go, but he wasn't budging, "If you don't agree to leave, my brother here will literally kill you!"

"Please Lainie, it meant nothing, she meant nothing..." What? Who? Dexter turned to look at Lainie as her big eyes blinked erratically.
"Freckles what's he talking about? What happened?" Lainie continued to stare at him with those eyes that reminded him of an adorable little Lemur clinging onto the stump of a tree that happened to be him. "Baby, it's okay, you're safe!" Alex shrieked his annoyance at Dexter addressing Lainie the way he did, but he didn't care.


Finally she spoke, "He was having...sex...with Selena!" It took all of her strength to spit it out and when she did, Ash let out an involuntary laugh and dropped Alex on the ground.
"Well fuck me! You two were made for each other!"


Ashton gave him a murderous look and nodded to the door, "Get the fuck outta here and don't ever come back!" 
"I want to speak to my girlfriend!" Ash shouted behind him,
"Dex go get your phone!" Oh no! Was he ready for Lainie to hear this? Didn't she have enough to deal with? "NOW!" Ash bellowed and Dexter found himself obeying his big brother.


When Dexter returned and played the recording, Ash never took his eyes off of Alex once. "I will tell you one last time! Get the fuck out of my house before I drag your pasty ass down to the police station and have you charged with assault and attempted murder!" With his tail between his legs, Alex actually left with no parting words. Dexter was surprised, but even more surprised to see a familiar figure standing outside.


Selena was grinning from ear to ear as she called to him, "See? I told you that you'd be sorry! Now she hurts...like I hurt!" And then she was gone too. Pair of fucking psychos! In all the commotion, Dexter had forgotten about Lainie! How could he forget her? He ran back inside, his feet freezing from standing in the snow, and went looking for his freckles.


She was in her room, with Ashton, looking stunned. "Freckles?"
"Dexy?" She jumped up and rushed towards his voice, throwing herself into his arms. 


"Oh Dexy, my beautiful boy, what did he do to you!" She was shaking again, but for some reason Dexter felt a warm glow in his heart with her in his arms. Hopefully Alex Wilder was gone for good.


"I'm fine baby, he didn't do anything to me..."
"But he pushed you! He's the reason you forgot all about me!" Her big eyes once again burned a hole in his skull, they were so powerful and mesmerising.
"He did, but look! I'm fine! Don't you worry about me, it's you I'm more concerned about! Please tell me it's over between you?"


Lainie gave him a hurt look and pushed him away, "Of course it is, after what he did? I nearly lost you!" All she cared about was what he'd done to Dexter, not the fact that he'd been abusing her all this time and now he'd cheated on her.
"Apart from that, after what he did to you, you can't ever go back to him. You know that right?"


Ashton had stayed silent up until now and backed up his brother's sentiment, "Sweetie, Dex is right! There is no way in hell you should ever give him another chance! If you do, I'm scared that he'll try and kill you too!" Lainie nodded in agreement and grabbed hold of Dexter once again.


"Oh my Dexy! I won't ever let him hurt you again! He's gone, I promise!" Thank God!
"If he comes round here again, me and Ash will deal with him. Don't you go anywhere near him!"
"Dexy you have to go to the police!"
"Yeah, that's a brilliant idea, why didn't I think of that?" Ash piped up sarcastically.


"Evelyn, I will go to the police..." The look of relief on her face was short lived when he added, "...if you come with me and file a report too!" The relief was now replaced with horror.
"No, no Dexy absolutely not! I just want...to forget! I had a lucky escape, let's just leave it at that!" No you didn't, Dexter thought, he raped you and even though you won't admit it, I know it's true!


Dexter headed for the door, trying not to lose his temper with her, she'd had enough of that. "Well, I guess neither of us are going then!" He muttered and left her with Ashton. Hopefully he could make her see sense.


It had been crazy since Dexter had found a bruised and broken Lainie standing lost in her room and he was growing more and more concerned about her. She was only going out to work and coming home to her room, she even took her meals in there too. When she did come out, she sat for a maximum of half an hour and then retreated back to her little fortress of solitude. 


The next day, Dexter tried to talk to Lainie without mentioning police or Alex. She was subdued, everyone noticed, Roxy wanted to know what went down between her and Alex but Dexter wouldn't let her finish her questioning. He was Lainie's constant bodyguard and would usher her away when conversations diverted to that particular subject. Roxy was getting frustrated and she let Dexter know.


"Look Maloney, she's my best friend and I have a right to know what happened!"
"You didn't want her with Alex just as much as the rest of us! We got our wish, it's over, now drop it!" Roxy looked so mad she almost had steam coming out of her ears and nose.
"Did she catch them?" Dexter blinked in surprise,
"Catch who?" How did she know about Selena?


"They're still shagging behind her back aren't they?"
"Who?" Dexter looked genuinely puzzled as Roxy cleared her throat and blushed,
"Um, noth-Alex has a wandering eye! He cheated yes?"
"Yes, with crazy Selena! Freckles caught them bare ass naked on his living room floor, it would be funny if it wasn't so...not funny!"
"Jesus...he's a rat!"


Dexter sighed sadly, "Believe me he is more than that, but it's up to her to tell you everything. I promised her I would keep things to myself and I intend to honour that, you understand don't you?" Roxy nodded in disappointment,
"I do, damn you Maloney for being a gentleman!"
"Oh I...I have never been called that ever!"

"Well you are and I hate you for it, you're an a-hole!"
"I'm either a gentleman or an a-hole, I can't be both Roxanne!" He smirked at her, and it made her even more mad.
"Since when did you steal my spot as Lainie's best friend?" Dexter's face grew hot as that all familiar glow returned to his heart.


"I didn't, I'm her soulmate!" Roxy's mouth curved into half a smile as she looked at him glowing.
"Yeah, you are aren't you! So why aren't you two together?"


"Well, I think after everything with Alex, she needs space doesn't she?" If only he could tell Roxy exactly why Lainie needed time to heal from this toxic relationship, but he couldn't.
"Well don't give her too much, she might think you're not interested and move onto some other douche nozzle that doesn't deserve her!" Roxy bumped him as he passed still with that half smile. She was right, but what was he supposed to do? All the craziness had made him forget the little detail in the record contract that when their safety became compromised it was time for the label to intervene.


Sweet Cacophony's new manager, Calvin Merryweather, had expressed his concern over the band living in Newcrest in plain sight now that they were fast becoming a household name. He had organised new gated living arrangements for them through the label in Del Sol Valley while they finished their album, but Calvin wasn't keen on Lainie, Erin, Charlotte and Matthew tagging along. This was going to be a problem, as apart from Lainie, they were all dating members of the band. Calvin eventually caved and all the foursome had to do was break it to the housemates, something they were going to do before Alex Gate.


As they all sat in the living room, Dexter had literally drawn the short straw and was unlucky enough to tell his precious freckles and the others about their new temporary living arrangements. As he finished explaining why they had to go (read Selena type stalkers)four faces looked completely devastated. "So, you're moving out?" Lainie squeaked.
"No, no no no! Well, yes! But you're coming with us, we all get to go! It's a package deal! And it's just while we record the album and promote our single."


Lainie's head fell and she sighed, "My job is here!"
"My job is also here, mother will not allow me to move out of town!" Charlotte agreed. Matthew and Erin sat quietly however.


"Matty? What do you have to say about all this?" Roxy couldn't read his thoughts, and his expression was confusing.
"Well I can commute to San Myshuno from Del Sol Valley just as easily as from here so..." He was agreeing to come, but his heart wasn't in it, his heart wasn't in anything lately.


"Freckles, you can get another job, a better job in Del Sol Valley!"
"But Dexy I like the one I already have!"
"Don't you wanna be with m...Roxanne?" He almost said me, not living with her was not an option for him! He would rather die! Plus she wasn't safe here with the amount of fans that found their way to their house every day...and then there was Alex!
"I do but..." Roxy gave her friend a a pleading look, "...I need to give them notice..."
"It's a zero hours contract Lain, it's only courtesy to give them notice not compulsory!" She couldn't argue with her there.


"Char, you hate working for your mother, don't you wanna be free of her? Just for a while?" Dex batted his baby blues at her as she looked at Drew, he had to leave Winston behind. If he could do that, then she could surely leave her job and her cats.
"Will Winston be staying here?" Drew nodded sadly.
"Until I can afford a good nursing home in the Valley, yeah! Who knows how long we'll be out there!"


"Come on guys, what do you say?" Ash looked at Erin, who had been silent this whole time as she shrugged.
"Well I haven't got a job yet so I'm game!" Dexter looked around the room and asked the four non band members,
"So are we all agreed? Are we all going together?" Lainie stood up and headed for the door.


"I'm sorry Dexy I...I need to think about this!"
"Freckles we don't have long, we need an answer by today! We have to go tomorrow!" Lainie stood with her back to him and replied,
"Then I'm out, I can't just drop everything and go!"


Dexter gently took her arm and turned her to face him, "Why not? Isn't it a good thing to leave the last few shitty weeks behind? Leave he who must not be named behind? Huh? I'll miss you Evelyn!" Lainie looked into his eyes, and for a moment she imagined living in Del Sol Valley in a big house away from everyone.
"Dexy I'm scared!" She whimpered.
"Evelyn, you will be with me. I will never let anything happen to you, I promise! Please, come with me...with Roxanne!" Lainie eventually smiled and said,
"Okay Dexy, I'll do it!"


Roxy approached them and said in a squeaky voice, "Aww you two are sooooooo cute!" Both Lainie and Dexter shouted,
"Shut up!" As she chuckled and thumped Dexter on the arm.
"Nice going Maloney!" He couldn't fight the smile that spread across his face, looking at Lainie who was blushing. She was coming, that was all that mattered!


The following morning, a removal van arrived outside the old warehouse as the eight housemates started to pack up the things they wanted to take. Dexter was stacking up his paintings thinking about leaving his mother in Newcrest while he and Ashton set off to the bright lights of Del Sol Valley. Calvin had suggested that they sell their home as there was no way they would ever have a normal life once the album was complete. Dexter liked to think that they could come back here after the dust settled but who was he kidding?


As he looked at the photo of himself and Lainie on his wall, he thought about the tour...the obligatory opening band for global superstars River Monster tour. They shared a label and it was in their contract that Sweet Cacophony were their support band for their latest tour. Although he was looking forward to everything, Lainie was never far from his mind. Could he leave her behind? He gazed at her pretty little face in the photo, the one she'd given him for his birthday, and his heart skipped a beat. How in love with her he was, and yet he couldn't bring himself to tell her. Just then he had an idea, one that might backfire but he had to give it a shot.


She was packing up her things and humming away to herself, it was adorable, he wondered if she sang as sweetly as that. Clearing his head he greeted her cautiously, "Hey freckles, um, can I ask you something?"
"Sure!" She replied chirpily, not looking up from the bag she had just zipped shut. "but can we sit down? I feel like my legs are about to fall off!"


"Listen, uh...yeah so...after we pack up would you...um...like maybe..."
"Dexy what's the matter?" Her sweet laugh gave him goosebumps. She looked at him then, and he wanted nothing more than to sweep her up and kiss her.
"Let's go out tonight, you and me. Once we've settled into the prison that is to be our home for the next little while!" Her eyes grew big, but she wasn't horrified...he hoped.


"Yeah let's go out together and have fun, drink too much and dance. I warn you though I'm a terrible dancer!"
"Please Dexy you can't be any worse than Rob Kennedy FYI!" She giggled, he was losing it. He'd never felt like this about anyone before, not even Katie! He wanted her so very much.
"So will you? Come out with me?" He waited a very long time for her to answer, she was dragging this out and it was torture.


Finally she nodded with a huge grin on her face, "Yes Dexy, yes I will!" He let out the breath he was holding and his head slumped in relief. "So..." She tugged on the zipper of her hoodie and asked him bashfully, "...is this a date?" Oh em gee! Dexter didn't know what to say, of course he wanted it to be but...oh em gee! Just as he was about to say yes she let out another adorable giggle and the look on her face was impish at best.


"Relax pretty boy! I'm teasing you! I would love to watch you make a fool of yourself on the dance floor!" She winked, it almost killed him, now he wanted her even more. He didn't even think that was possible!
"Okay cool, well we can have dinner with the gang first and then it's the slippery slope to A&E afterwards." What a fitting way to spend their first evening in a strange town.


The house was huge! Everyone had separate rooms except for Ash and Erin, they had opted to share. Dexter would have loved to share with Lainie, but after everything she'd been through he knew it was inappropriate. Besides, if Drew wasn't doing it or Roxy who were in relationships with Charlotte and Matthew, it would definitely look dodgy if he asked Lainie to share with him.


He settled into his room, feeling sad that he was now under Calvin's control. Speak of the devil, "Yo Dex! How's the room? Is it to your Van Gogh liking? Huh? Huh?" With a saccharin grin, Calvin nudged him hard.
"Yeah, great Cal! Listen, I would like to go out tonight with Lainie so..."


Calvin shook his head and sucked his teeth, "No can do my friend! The compound is for your safety! That Selena chick told everyone where you lived in Newcrest, I'm not takin' any chances here in the Valley dude, no way!" Fuck that Selena!
"But...I promised her..."


"No can do Romeo, sorry! Why don't you stay in and have fun here instead? Swimming pool, bar, cinema, dance floor all in the basement...c'mon it's got all you need to woo the lady!"


Compound? Dexter thought to himself, more like prison! Did this mean he couldn't leave? He was not looking forward to breaking it to his freckles that they weren't going out after all! He'd been so looking forward to it too! Damn damn damn!

"Anyway, duty calls my friend! Catch you later Dex!" Great! This was not what Dexter expected! He thought he would at least be able to have a life! Who was he kidding? Once the band hit that platinum mark it was over for them, no more anonymity!


And not only was he restricted to do anything, so were the ones who weren't in the band! Oh great, Lainie was going to just love this! The perks of living with future rock stars, house arrest!


Dexter was so wrapped up in how he was going to renege on this date that he just slipped into Lainie's new room without knocking, she let out a cute little gasp and laughed, "Dexy you scared me, I'm only just getting used to the size of this place! Have you seen this? I have a walk in wardrobe!"

"Yeah, so have I! Crazy huh? You could fit a dozen people in there!" Or just two who wanted to hide and smooch, boy were her lips adorable today! He looked away from her blushing, partly because of what he was thinking and partly because of the date issue.
"So, have you unpacked? I've just got a few bags to go through."
"No, still in a bit of a mess, my paintings are out of the cardboard boxes though and they're all damage free thankfully!" Small talk, deflecting from the matter at hand, good job Dexter!


"Was there something you wanted to...talk about? Or..."
"Actually yeah, I don't know how to say this but um..."
"Dexy what's the matter?" She looked worried, and it made him want to hold her so tightly that she could never escape.


"Calvin has put us all under house arrest so we can't go out tonight!"
"Oh!" Her head fell and she smiled sadly, "Well never mind!"
"But apparently there's a dance floor and a bar down in the basement. All the mod cons, or so he says, so we can still get dressed up and have our own little party. I can invite the rest of the gang if..."


"No!" She said that a little too quickly, but it warmed his heart to know that she wanted to be alone with him.
"Cool, then the plans are the same albeit a little stationary but..."


Dexter took hold of Lainie's hands and looked into her pretty blue eyes, "...we'll still have a good time! I've missed you freckles, when you were with Alex we..."
"I know, but nobody gets to tell me who I hang out with anymore!"


"Well cool, I'll see you later then?" She nodded and smiled, so widely it was infectious.
"Yep, I can't wait!" Me neither, Dexter thought. He was so looking forward to just sitting down, having a drink and talking to his lovely freckles.


As he stood in his new room getting ready, he actually felt slightly nauseous. It was like thousands of worms were wriggling around in his belly, jeez he was nervous! But this was not a date! It was just two friends going out and letting their hair down after some crappy few days. Only thing left to do was go and stop by Lainie's room and it was down to the basement to check out this bar!


Lainie looked in her bedroom mirror wondering if the dress she had picked out was appropriate for this...not a date! It was not a date! She wanted to look pretty for her pretty boy though. It felt so important to take his breath away, she wanted him to see that she could be a worthy candidate to have on his arm, the rock star and the restaurant cook...it could work!


A knock on her door made her jump, he was here! Her date! No it wasn't a date, this was so a date! She hoped that Dexter felt the same, he held her hands earlier and the way he looked into her eyes...and he wasn't cancelling! "Freckles you ready?" His voice, it made her tingly!
"Yep, be out in a second!"


Dexter couldn't keep his eyes off her, as they took the elevator down to the basement, he was totally blown away over how prettier she got every day. The place was impressive, Calvin had definitely not oversold it. "What is it?" Lainie giggled as Dexter grinned at her like a loon.
"Huh?"
"You keep staring, have I got something in my teeth? Is my makeup smudged?"
"No you're...perfect!" He was wondering where her bruises had gone, he could have sworn there were a few on her arms. "Bruise free in fact, how did they go away so quickly?"


"Oh they didn't!" She smiled at his confused look, "Concealer hides a multitude of sins, it's not just good on the face you know!"
"Well, you look amazing freckles, I should have said it before now. You're so beautiful!" Lainie never got used to Dexter telling her she was beautiful, and he told her quite a lot. Alex never told her that, he never really paid her any compliments, how different these two men were!


Even after they had sat down at the very well stocked and huge bar, Dexter still wouldn't stop looking at her with that goofy smile. "So, what's your poison? I've read the cliff notes of The Bartender's Bible so I think I can give it a go!"
"I was a barmaid once, let me!"
"No way, a gentleman always makes the cocktails!" Lainie couldn't conceal her laughter, he was so adorable!


"So have you ever used a cocktail shaker before?" Dexter shook his head and snorted, as if one needed a degree in mixology to wield one.
"Nope, I'm wingin' it! I'm your wing man after all!" Lainie's cheeks were hurting through all the laughing. Dexter grabbed a few bottles from the shelves and sat them down. "Right, these should go together well! What shall I call this masterpiece?"


"The Beautiful Disaster?" Lainie chuckled as he almost dropped and smashed a bottle of vodka.
"Well, it's gonna be beautiful freckles, a disaster? Maybe! The night is young!"
"How about The Headache That Won't Quit?"
"Smart ass! This is gonna rock baby!"


The mixture of vodka, peach schnapps and Baileys looked awful and as Dexter went to shake it, he almost shook it all over himself. Lainie hadn't laughed this much in such a long time. She had missed spending time with him so much. Before Alex, before CookieRok, they had been good friends who laughed and shared their love of horror movies and sci-fi. She wanted that back, and more, the way this night was going it looked like she might get her wish.


"Right, try this!"
"Can't I just have a plain old gin and tonic?" Dexter laughed softly and nodded.
"Okay but we will try this, I worked so hard!"


Three sheets and several drinks later, they were reminiscing about old times. "I honesty...ly..honestly...yeah...thought you were making fun of me!"
"Noooo freckles, I adore you!"
"I know that now Dexy but...I was bullied at school and it was always the cute boys who made my life hell!"
"Not me, I would rather die than hurt you freckles!"


"I-I don't want you to die!" Lainie's lip trembled as Dexter laughed and looked into her eyes the way he always did, with such intensity.
"I won't, I'm immmmortul!"
"You promised me dancing!" Lainie slurred as he nodded.
"Yup, lesgo!"


"How d'you do?" As Lainie and Dexter both stumbled onto the dance floor, he grabbed her hand and bowed.
"C'mon pretty boy, show me yer stuff!"
"Freckles, please! Maybe later, now...we dance!"


Dexter took hold of her as if they were about to waltz, which was going to be hard to Get Lucky by Daft Punk! "What're you doing silly boy?"
"Dancing! I shall lead m'lady!"


Lainie couldn't stop giggling, it was like they were at a debutant ball, the way he was dancing with her. "What is this? Show me your boogie!"
"I am trying not to fall down freckles, gimme a minute to focus!"


As they went round and round in circles, he suddenly scooped her up into his arms as she cackled uncontrollably, "What the frak pretty boy?"
"Hey! Real profaninitees please miss! Don't you Battlestar me gurl!"
"Put me down you nutter!"

"Say please!"
"OMG you're insane!"
"Yep, you just noticed?" Despite being drunk and the room spinning, despite the fact that they couldn't leave the building, Lainie was having the time of her life. In fact Dexter was trying to be Patrick Swayze so that description was appropriate!


Then things began to progress! He wasn't a great dancer, but he had moves and a beautiful way of handling her. They danced slowly in complete silence save for the music. She could feel his hands on her hips and it drove her crazy, every touch lit her on fire.


"I told you I was bad at this!" He whispered in her ear.
"Oh I beg to differ!"
"Better than Rob then?"
"Well, I still have all my toes so, I would say a stark improvement to my last dance partner for sure!"


They continued to slowly sway in unison to the music after he'd spun her gently round to face him. How handsome he was, even in this dim light. He smelled as gorgeous as ever and the heat of his body next to hers was making her crazy.


"Dexy, thank you!"
"For what?"
"For making me forget, just for a little while!" He smiled sadly and nodded, she could see her whole situation had made him feel things too, she knew that he and Ashton wanted to give Alex a good beating but because she had told them to leave it they had respected her wishes. Or maybe they had caught up with him and done it anyway.
"You're welcome baby!"


He drew her in closer, for a moment she thought he might kiss her but he simply whispered, "I'm so glad we did this, I've missed you so much!"
"Well, I'm all yours now!" Slowly swaying, half out of inebriation, half dancing, they gazed into each other's eyes. He didn't kiss her, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't disappointed. He was being a gentleman, he was giving her space after being in an abusive relationship. "Dexy?"
"Yes?"


"I never really said...what happened with Alex and..."
"Shhh, you don't have to! That's your business but you know I'll always be here for you!" Lainie gulped hard and squeezed her eyes shut.
"I know what he did was beyond wrong..."


Dexter stopped moving and whispered tenderly, "We don't have to talk about this, if it's too soon or if you feel like never will be too soon then...it's okay!" Lainie kept his gaze and replied shakily,
"He raped me!" Dexter wanted to cry, hearing her say it, her voice speak those words hurt him more than seeing her bruises.
"Evelyn..." He wanted to say something, something helpful but she talked over him, and what she said next made him want to tear Alex Wilder to pieces with his bare hands.
"More than once! Many times! What started out as consensual sex between a boyfriend and girlfriend would often end up rough and violent and painful...and bloody!"

"I told you he was my first, and my only, which gave me a rather one sided view of how a boyfriend should behave. I never had any any sexual experience, so I just thought it was normal to...he always made me bleed. If it hadn't been for the internet I would have been none the wiser. He hurt me, every time, and again I put that down to being a normal thing."
"Freckles...you don't have to tell me any more..."
"I do, I need to get it out! He would choke me, pin me down and it burned, every thrust...every movement...it never felt good...it always felt painful!" He didn't want to hear any more, but knowing she needed someone to listen, he let her talk.


Everything she told him, he was struggling to control the rage he felt inside. As they walked to the elevator still quite drunk and holding hands, she was talking about how happy she was when he sang Blonde Angel to her that night. Her very first Sweet Cacophony concert and it was amazing, she remembered being so proud of her best friend and so in awe of the band and their talent. Dexter should have been flattered by her compliments but all he could think about was how she suffered when she was with that creep!


"I had a crush on you!" She giggled, as Dexter thought about what he felt for her, it was no crush...it was complete and utter love!
"Oh you did? You l'il groupie you!"
"Yeah, and I don't care! I'm so excited for this album!" He was too, and nervous, and sick and worried.


"Well here's hoping it's not a flop!"
"Why would you say that Dexy? It could never be a flop! Do you not know how amazingly talented you are? Your songs are beautiful!"
"You would say that, you're my number one groupie therefore you're biased!" They both laughed as she squeezed his hand a little harder. Don't let go, that was what it meant, don't ever let go!


As they waited for the elevator, he didn't let go. She began to swing their arms back and forth and sighed, "What's taking it so long? I mean this house has only got what? Like four floors at the most?"
"Five, the lift goes to the roof too, you know in case we wanna land our helicopter and mosey on down here to get our dance on!"



"And you know me and my boogie freckles, we need each other!" Lainie smiled impishly as he put his arm around her and winked.
"You mean you both need help!"
"I never once claimed to be Michael Flatly! I'm less Lord of the Dance and more Lord of the Rings! I know the way to Mordor baby, and don't you forget it!"
"As long as you don't dance there, you'll be fine!" Right on cue, the elevator doors dinged open. "Finally!"


Dexter pressed the button as the doors closed. He felt sleepy but giddy. "I'm so going to sleep forever!" Lainie yawned as there was a clunk and a thud and the lift didn't move.
"Uh-oh!" Dexter mumbled.
"What?"


"Um, I think it's broken!"
"Nooo, stop mucking about Dexy!"
"No I'm not I...wait!" Dexter pressed the button again, then all the buttons but nothing happened. "Shit!"


"Um, freckles I think we're stuck!" Lainie began to breathe faster and the panic etched on her face was hard to miss.
"What? No! Please tell me you're joking? I hate confined spaces, it's like one of my worst phobias! How can it be broken? It's brand new!"


"Don't worry freckles, somebody will find us. Maybe not tonight though, I'm pretty sure they've all gone to bed! It's after 2am!"
"Dexy I'm scared!" Lainie whimpered, as Dexter pulled her into his arms.


"It's gonna be fine, we've got each other and we can sleep on the floor. At least it's not dark!"
"Don't!" Lainie buried her head into his chest, "That's when they will go out, don't jinx us!" Suddenly she broke free of his gentle hold and hopped behind him.


"See? Now you jinxed it!" She giggled, covering his eyes with her hands.
"Evelyn!" He sighed impatiently but still laughing. God were they drunk, tired and stuck in a lift!


As they both stood silently thinking about their predicament, Lainie's shoulders slumped and she huffed, "Typical!"
"If you think about it, it's kinda funny, heh!"
"Yeah, it could only happen to us!"


Her sad pouty face transformed into a smile as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "Well what are we going to do to pass the time...hmm?" 


She inched forward, on her tip toes and rubbed noses with him. Once again her mood changed, from happy to serious as she pressed herself harder against him, closing her eyes and whispering his name...

To Be Continued...


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)