Friday 1 June 2012

Guild of Rejects: Episode Six

***WARNING***
Mild bad language used again, you have been warned!


"Cos all of the stars have faded away, just try not to worry, you'll see them some day, take what you need and be on your way and stop crying your heart out..." (Oasis, Stop Crying Your Heart Out)

 Gideon and Samirah had been in a passionate embrace since she came back to life, he vowed to never let her go ever again...

 ...but his nephew warned him that this was only a temporary solution! "We have to get you to a safe place uncle! The explosion may not have killed them all!"
"Yes nephew, we shall make a move...very soon!"

 But their exit was interrupted by a vampire hating, very angry Nathan! "What the hell Rand??? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't stake that thing right now???"

 "I told you, you touch my uncle and I'll break every bone in your body got that???"
"It's my job to dust them!"
"And it's my job to protect my family, so I guess we have a bit of a dilemma huh?" Avery stood his ground, and Nathan eventually backed down.

 The tension was getting to the rest of the group, Sarah was still missing and Nathan's animosity towards Avery was getting tiresome! "I said it once and I'll say it again Thorne..." Madison sighed for effect, "...your brother is annoying!"

 "Now uncle, like I said, this may only be temporary. I guessed that Doctor Vale was using my blood to keep her alive when I saw Proj...Samirah in the containment chamber attached to a drip. We need to find another solution or...you must cherish the time you have..."

 "Do not worry nephew, I am grateful for everything you have done so far! If I only have a short time with Samirah, then so be it! But I haven't given up!" Gideon was just so happy to be reunited with his love that even a short amount of time was enough. But Avery promised to find another way to keep her alive!

 Nathan looked on in disapproval as Avery led his uncle and Samirah to a safe haven where they could spend what time they had together in peace. "It'll all end in tears half breed, you know that!" he called after them, but none of them looked round, ignoring him and annoying him at the same time!

 "THAT'S IT MATHEUS!!! I WANT THEM ALL DEAD ESPECIALLY AVERY!!!" Donte bellowed as the ringing in his ears began to fade. Matheus managed to get everyone out of the house before the explosion, but was unable to save Donte's horses who perished in the blast.
"Sir I thought you said we needed him..." Matheus began, 
"AVERY MUST DIE!!! He killed Lucius and Percival! My best foals!!!"

 Doctor Vale panicked and shot up, "But sir, we need the damphyr's blood to continue the project!"
"I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PROJECT!!!" Donte scowled and rubbed his right temple gingerly, "I'd rather stay like this forever than be beholden to that half breed murdering bastard!"

 "But Mr Caruso..." Vale tried to plead but was interrupted,
"It's not up for discussion, cut off his head and rip out his heart, surely that will kill him? Matheus? See to it will you?"

 "With pleasure sir!"

 "So she left and you went upstairs..."
"Oh my God Nathan! Will you stop already? I told you what happened a hundred times, Sarah left my house in one piece, I saw her walk towards her front door, I turned around and went upstairs! Now leave me alone!"

 "Yeah but...you may have missed something! Did you see that clone hanging around?"
"I told you...AVERY'S BACK!"
"Oh great!"

 "I figured you'd all be in need of some clean clothes so...help yourself to whatever!"

 "Avery! Did your uncle get away safely?"
"Yes thanks, how are you holding up?"
"Fine, you're looking rather smart there Mr Rand!"
"Why thank you very much Miss Ward!"

 Nathan could only look on in despair as Avery flirted with April right under his nose! "That thing is a danger to society, I should've..." Nathan began but was cut off by Avery,
"Oh for the love of God Nathan will you just let it go!!! Family is family okay?"
"A vampire is a vampire!" Nathan argued back,
"It's not always that clear cut, black and white mix to make grey you know!" Avery muttered, then smiled half heartedly at April who was caught in the middle once again.

 Jacob and Amelia Sanders had just buried their grandmother. Amelia Sanders senior was their mother figure growing up as their own mother had died when they were very young. Jacob was 6 and Amelia 2. They never knew their father but were told he was a bad lot by granny Sanders. When Jacob left for University the two Amelias became closer, until young Amelia went off to Uni herself. Now they were back in Hallam's Cove, to say goodbye to the woman who raised them!

 "Come on Meely!" Jacob sighed as they both looked up at the house they grew up in, "We've gotta face it some time!"

 "Thanks for getting this for me, I'm a lucky girl to have a criminal on my side!"
"Hey! I learned what I had to, to survive!"
"It was a joke dog boy!"

 "Hmm, she's in a warehouse across town! At least she's still alive!"
"Well then, let's go get your friend!"

 "Yeah there's only one problem, I don't drive and getting a cab is far too risky so..."
"I've got the means you know, just trust this "dog boy" for once!"

 "Aww hell no! Nuh-uh! I am NOT going on that thing!" Sarah wrinkled her nose and snorted in disgust...

 "Hey now, don't insult my girl here! Apologise to Bunny!"

 "Bunny?"
"Hopper? Dennis Hopper? Easy Rider?" Sarah gave Felix a blank stare, "Ugh you have no taste! Anyway toots it's this or nothin' so..."
"Oh okay!" Sarah sighed in defeat, "And DO NOT call me toots EVER! Are we clear?"

 "I've been told that you recover things that are lost?"

 "Yep, we're the best in our business!" a young girl with red hair smiled proudly as she leaned against her companion.

 "What about recovering people?"

 The young man also smiled and answered, "Never done it, but we do love a challenge!"

 Back at the warehouse, Nathan's phone began to ring. To his surprise it was his old friend, Jacob Sanders! He hadn't heard from Jake in at least 3 years!

 "Jake buddy? How are you? It's been a long time!"

 "Oh, sorry bud! I...I didn't know I had...a lot going on and I've been outta town lately...Sure thing, yeah! I'll try and stop by when I'm back in the Cove! It's so good to hear from you!"

 "What's up Nate? Who was that?"
"It was Jake Sanders, granny Sanders died! I missed the funeral! I loved that woman, she was a diamond in the rough!"
"You can't go see him you know that right?"

 "I know that, I'm not stupid! But I had to say something or he'd be suspicious, he knows me Dane! He was my best buddy growing up! If he knew I was still here he'd come looking for me! I can't believe I missed her funeral!"
"Promise me you'll stay away from the Sanders house!
"I...promise!"

"Well I guess we should get started up here huh?"
"It still smells like her Jacob, everywhere!"
"I know but..." suddenly Jacob trailed off as something on top of his grandmother's dresser caught his eye...

 "Whoa, who's that guy with gran and pops? I've never seen these before!"

 "Oh that will be Elijah!"
"Who?"
"Elijah. When you were at Uni granny told me about her fiance, Elijah Reid."
"Okay I have no idea what you're talking about!"

 "They were all best friends, gran, pops and Elijah. Gran was madly in love with him and they were engaged to be married when he got called up during the second world war, he never came home, missing presumed dead they called it. Anyway that's when gran and pops got together. She really loved him Jacob, more than she ever loved grandpops!"

 "How come I never knew about this?"
"Well when she was getting older, she started to talk about the past. She told me about our dad, Mike, he was a biker who got mum into drugs, she even gave me an address to find him...but I didn't want to know!"

 "Why did she even tell you?"
"I don't know, maybe to wipe her past clean? She confessed to being in love with a ghost, the whole reason why pops left. She was convinced he died of a broken heart!"

"That's weird! You think you know all about your family and...do you still have our dad's address?"
"I do, I don't want to know him but it's up to you what you do with the information! Now let's get going, it's getting late and it's been a long day!"

As the siblings discussed their family revelations and eventually agreed to settle down for the night, a pale and shadowy figure observed their conversation from the roof...

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. I think I know who the figure is, but it's just a guess. Do I feel somewhat sorry for Nathan having Avery flirt with April right in front of him?... no way! Amazing as always of course.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)