Monday 4 June 2012

Guild of Rejects: Episode Seven

"And I'd give up forever to touch you, cos I know that you feel me somehow, you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't wanna go home right now...and I don't want the world to see me, cos I don't think that they'd understand, while everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am..." (The Goo Goo Dolls, Iris)

 Felix and Sarah arrived at the warehouse just after sunrise, but the young man was worried that it could be a trap to get Sarah!
"So what do we do? Just barge in there blind and get ambushed or..."
"I need to make sure April is okay!"
"I know that toot...um Sarah, but the people who tried to kill you might be in there with your friend!"

 Sarah sighed, she knew that Felix was right, they had no idea what was in there...or who!
"I'm guessing you have a better idea?"
"You're a witch ain't ya? Then do something...witchy!" he was right, and so Sarah did a simple spell. One that would allow her to hear what was going on inside the warehouse.
"It's called the Ear of Ember, like an invisible glass pressed to a wall if you like..."

 Meanwhile inside the warehouse, the gang were on their guard as Avery's super hearing heard footsteps from outside...

 ...as the door flew up, Dane sighed in relief "Oh Sarah it's you!"
"Hey guys! Miss me?" she smiled broadly as the rest of the gang eyed Felix warily...

 ...except Dane! He approached they young man and sniffed the air in front of him, then smiled,
"Hey!"
"Um hi?"
"I'm Dane!"
"Felix..."
"I know what you are..."

 "...because I'm one too!"

 As the girls got re-acquainted, Dane sat beside Felix on the stairs and attempted to get to know him, "So how old are you?"
"19, but age is just a number! I can look after myself!"
"Didn't say you couldn't kid!"
"So what happened to you?" Felix wasn't asking, he wanted to know and Dane was going to tell him...

 ...Dane sighed and answered the boy, "Got scratched in the eye when I was fighting off the sucker, you?"
"Step-dad, killed my mother and took a chunk out of my neck before I got away. Naturally I had to leave!"
"And how old were you when you got bit?"
"15, so I've been on my own doing just fine for a while now!"

 "What the hell is SHE doing here?" Sarah seethed when she spotted Madison.
"Chill, if you haven't already noticed we're all kinda wanted at the moment! There's a price on everybody's heads!" Nathan muttered.

"I don't need you to stick up for me blondie!" Madison let out one of her huge dramatic sighs.
"I wasn't, but we are all dead folks walking aren't we!"

 Sarah looked April in the eyes, "Stay here okay? I think it's best that we make this our base of operations, our command central! It's not safe for us to go back to our homes!"
"Where are you going?" April eyed her back warily,
"To get my supplies babe!"

 And in a flash she had teleported out of the warehouse.

 Felix stamped his foot angrily, "Man I'm supposed to be looking out for her!"
"It's cool, Sarah's more than capable of looking after herself!" April smiled, echoing Felix's earlier statement.

 Sarah had arrived back several times, and each time she had a larger item with her...

 ...until she finally appeared with empty hands, "There! That's all my supplies!" She had also changed and tied her hair back out of her face.

 Felix was going to scold her, but thought better of it, "So you sure you have enough stuff there doll face?"
"Who are you calling...oh shut up! We're good to go now I have all my magic items!"

 "I was worried, you shouldn't be going places alone!"
"I'm more powerful than you could ever comprehend little boy!"

 "Well maybe some day I'll learn just that! Care to put me to the test?" he winked and gave her a cheeky grin.
"Call me toots or doll face again and I will! Where's Nathan?"

 "Dude I'm so sorry about granny Sanders! I've been out of town like I told you. I only just got back today. But I had to see you buddy!"
"Thanks Nate, I appreciate it. Yeah it's sad to lose gran but...to be honest that's the least of my worries right now..."

 "What's up bro?" Nathan saw the worry etched all over Jacob's face,
"It's...Amelia! She's behaving oddly, hanging round gran's grave night and day! She hardly ever sleeps, I barely see her and I'm trying to sort out gran's stuff!"

 "Jake, I'm so sorry I don't know what to say. Only that I did the exact same thing when my parents died, I practically lived in the cemetery!"
"Yeah but you were hunting bloodsuckers man! This is different!"

 "There's something going on with my sister man! I need to know what! But the estate agent brings potential buyers to the house non-stop and I can't leave to go get her, Nathan could you...keep an eye on her for me?"
"Sure bud, no problem. I'm not going to be around very long but I'll do my best!"

 "That stupid idiot! When I do find him I'm gonna kick his ass all the way up those stairs and then I'm going to hex him so bad..."

 "They're really falling for each other huh?" Dane nervously rubbed his neck, talking to Madison wasn't the easiest of tasks. Plus he was worried about where Nathan had got to.
"Looks like, bully for them!" she muttered...

 ...inside her heart was breaking! She had been crazy about Avery for a long time, and this ginger whinger swooped in and stole him from her!!!

 "So...ummm..." Dane tried again but was cut off,
"Go find your annoying brother Thorne and quit breathin' on my neck!"

 Felix watched Sarah curse and babble while casting a locator spell to find Nathan. he didn't know what the deal was between her and the moody blonde guy but he was smitten with her, he wasn't giving up without a fight!

 "I found him, the little turd is at the Sanders house! I'm going to kill him!"
"So what? What's going on with you and him anyway?"
"What do you mean?" Felix let his jealousy show on his face, and Sarah let out a small knowing laugh...

 "Oooooooooooh!" she looked into his green eyes, "No we're just friends, Nathan's...not my type!"
"Ha, I didn't think so. You like a man with a bit of animal in him, am I right?"

"Oh shut up I've got a vampire hunter to murder!"
"You're soooo sexy when you're angry babe!"
"Listen boy, forget it!!! I'm far too old for you!"
"Hey! I'll be 20 in a couple of months, and I'm older than my years..." he gave her a cheeky grin...

 "...besides, I'm into cougars raaawr!" he laughed and growled playfully. But Sarah wasn't so sure! Being 23, she felt there was too much of a gap between them...even if she kinda liked him!

 Young Amelia Sanders was in her usual spot by her grandmother's grave when she was aware of a pair of eyes watching her from under the old tree...

 ...at first it worried her, but all of a sudden a wave of calm swept over her and she felt quite safe! The young man in the shadows continued to watch her, but never moved from his spot!

 "I do hope you have good news for me?"

 "Yes!" replied the red headed girl, "We found Nathan Thorne, he's out hunting! Old habits die hard huh?"

 "And the others?" Matheus asked with no reaction.
"It's a work in progress!" the young man responded.

"Well feel free to progress a little harder. Perhaps you could use your power of persuasion on the younger Thorne brother, he might just give us the whole package!"

 Amelia knew the young man was still there, but she went about her usual routine, renewing the flowers on the grave and talking to her granny Sanders, "and Jacob is selling the house, too many memories he says! I hope you understand, the house is too big for us and..."

 The young man still continued to watch from the shadows of the old tree as Amelia chatted to a pile of dirt and fussed over the pink flowers she had just sat on top of it.

 As soon as she said her goodbyes and stood up, he came out from his hiding place. She'd spotted him anyway so there was no reason to conceal himself anymore...

 "Hello!" Amelia said quietly, a small smile appeared on her face as the man looked at her and nodded, "Do I know you? You look kind of familiar!" the man looked down at his shoes and back to her...

 "No, I knew your grandmother, Mrs Sanders!" there was something odd about the way he pronounced "Mrs Sanders" but it was maybe his soft and almost whispery voice that made the words sound different. "I'm sorry for your loss, you have her eyes as well as her name!" and then she knew she wasn't imagining his tone, the way he said that last sentence was very strange, like he had such knowledge of her grandmother's eyes, like he'd studied them and committed them to memory!

 "How did you know her? I've never seen you around before I..." his sparkling blue eyes made the words catch in her throat and she was dumbstruck...

 "I...was sad to hear of her passing..."

"...she was a wonderful woman...I knew her well!" This time his eyes were drawn to the heap that covered her grandmother's coffin, sadness lay behind them as if he was remembering days gone by, such a young man with his whole life ahead of him, grieving for an 88 year old lady who died peacefully in her sleep! Suddenly he shook his head as if to clear his thoughts and said quietly "I have to go..."

 As he turned to walk away Amelia called out to him suddenly as his head was covered by the branches of the old tree...

 "WAIT! You didn't tell me your name!"

 The young man stopped but did not turn around, and softly replied "Elijah!"

...and as if by magic he was gone!

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I knew it :)It was Elijah. Can't wait so see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)