Monday 19 August 2013

Love Drunk: Chapter Twenty Nine

Finally the truth was revealed! Dexter was the father of Lainie's daughter Keira! With Alex now out of the way they could both enjoy their little girl and watch her grow up! David now back in Lainie's life had been hard for Dexter to watch but he finally decided to let go of Lainie and allow her to be happy, even if it wasn't him that got to make her happy. What does the future hold? For Ashton it holds endless possibilities!

Ashton stood in front of his friend and brother with a huge grin on his face as Erin clung onto him nervously. "Guys? This is Erin, we're...well we're a couple. She's my girlfriend, we're dating, we've been dating for over a year now actually and..." Dexter laughed and cut in,
"Yeah bro, we know?" He shook his head feeling amused as Erin let out a relieved sigh. "Hey Erin, it's nice to finally meet you the way I shoulda done waaay back!" He smiled at her.

"Hi!" She mumbled, and a tiny smile crept upon her face.
"I just wanted to say thanks for making my big brother so happy!" 


Erin's tiny smile turned into a huge grin as he headed to his room with Keira as Drew began chatting to the newly confessed twosome.

He had changed it quite a bit since he moved back in, more child friendly. He felt he needed to give Lainie and David some space so they took turns to have her. As he put Keira into the cot he had Drew build for her, he felt his heart begin to pound. Today he was going to do something brave...

...he fumbled in his pocket for the little card that had gone through the wash the other day but was still legible...

...he took out his phone...and called Jenna Riley, the girl from the playground.

Ash and Erin were making out on the couch and Drew had left as Dexter came skipping out of his room. "Ash, your brother!" Erin stammered in a muffled voice.
"So what!" Ash muttered back continuing to kiss her.
"Don't mind me you crazy kids!" Dexter chuckled, "Guess who has a date tonight??? Huh???" Ash and Erin pulled apart.

"Lemme guess! Would that be you Dexter?" Ash gave him a dirty look for interrupting them.
"Why yes dear brother, that would be me! Hehe!"
"Girl from the park?" Ash nodded as Dex squeezed himself in between them.

"Why yes dear brother, that would be her!" he put his arm around Erin.


"You are HOT!" he beamed as she turned red and gave Ash a worried look.

"Hands off little bro or I'll break your arm again!!!"
"Ooooh protective!" Dex laughed, "I'm just kiddin' around there girl! I like to get him all worked up! You should thank me, now you will have GREAT sex!"
"DEXTER!" Ash growled angrily at his brother, "Go take Keira a walk or something will ya? Jeez!" Erin giggled as Dex stood up and smiled at his brother.


"Aw come on, it's true! Go have great sex you two! I have to get my daughter back to her mother, who I had great sex with once upon a time! And THAT is how Kee Bee was made!" Dexter rambled as Ash felt his temples threaten to explode with anger.

When Dex dropped Keira off to Lainie, he was still rambling and full of excitement. "I have a date!" he blurted out as Lainie felt her heart drop to her feet.
"Oh?" she tried to sound casual.
"Yeah, with Jenna!"

Lainie looked at him, "Who?"
"Oh a girl I met at the playground. She was quite taken with Kee Bee!"


"Was she?" Lainie eyed him curiously.
"Yeah, and I have a date, tonight, with Jenna!" he grinned. Lainie knew she was jealous, she knew she didn't want Dex to date anyone! He hadn't since they met...except Selena but she hardly counted!

As she looked over at David who was playing with Keira behind them, her heart just wouldn't come back to her chest, it stayed there on the floor. He wasn't Dexter, nobody was Dexter! And she felt guilty because David was such a nice guy! She should have been happy that she'd found a nice guy who accepted her and her daughter, even accepted her daughter's father coming in and out at all hours!

David smiled over at her, she waited for that flutter she got when Dexter smiled at her...but it didn't come! She turned back to Dexter who had been babbling all this time and butted in, "Have a good time with your date Dexy! I hope it goes well for you!" she put on one of her fakest smiles as he smiled back.
"Aw thanks freckles!"

Roxy was waiting to see Matthew from 9b again today, but he never showed. It was odd because he was there every day, never at the same time, he liked to drive her crazy, but he always showed. This was the second time he hadn't come in and she wondered if he was okay. Besides, he had asked her out for coffee and she had accepted finally so he owed her a date!

Maybe he was back visiting family, or maybe he went on a break. She was annoyed at herself for even giving him a second thought! But being pestered by the handsome freckled boy with the messy brown hair was the highlight of her day.

So she waited a little longer before closing up...

...just in case he showed!

Dex met Jenna at the club where he had played many gigs. The club he had taken Lainie to, the club he had picked up Selena from. Lots of memories, feeling nervous he hoped he would make some more tonight...good ones of course!

"Hi!" she smiled at him. She looked beautiful! He was actually attracted to her, this had not happened in a long time! Since Lainie came into his life!
"Hi!" he replied and smiled back at her, genuinely pleased to see her.

The date had been a success. Dex really felt he could talk to her, she was a good listener like she told him. But she confessed about one thing, "I'm actually a Psychologist!" she said sheepishly. "So I like to listen, I like to talk! I like to help!"


"Ohhhh, so I'm your little pet project huh?" he teased her as she looked at him with a serious expression.

"No, no not at all! I really do like you Dexter! I genuinely love your band and...you just looked like you needed a friend and I shamelessly gave you my number. I was really surprised when you called, especially since I heard you're hung up on some other girl..." Dex cut in,
"Who told you that?"

"There's this girl who's at every gig you do, Selena? She talks about you all the time, real stalker material so watch out for her! It could be very bad if you even give her the time of day because..." she stopped in mid sentence as Dexter's face fell, "...and you already did, by the look on your face...you had sex with her didn't you?" Dex nodded slowly and guiltily.

"You NEVER sleep with your stalker Dexter!" Jenna laughed nervously. "Just...never!"


"I...was in a bad place at the time! The girl I was in love with was seeing this creep, he was bullying me behind her back and...I needed something and she was there!"

Dexter invited Jenna back to his flat for coffee. Ash was staying over with Erin and Drew was staying with Charlotte while Roxy was back in her own flat. So they were alone. He handed her a mug as she looked at the paintings on the ground. "Wow! You're good!"
"Thanks!" he tried not to blush.

"I have more in my room!" it was out of his mouth before he could stop it.
"Cool, can I see?"

"This...is Lainie!" he pointed bashfully at Lainie's portraits.
"Oh she's...well she's beautiful! So feminine and natural! Dexter I see the attraction for sure!" she winked.


"Well, she was the love of my life!"
"The darkness, the light?"
"Huh?"
"This is a portrait of a tortured you and...her?" Jenna winked.

Dexter turned and stared at her blankly, "Again I say huh?"
"Nevermind!" she shook her head in amusement.
"No, what?" Dex pressed her.
"It's a song..." she began but finally the penny dropped.
"Ohhhhh!" he looked at her with admiration. "I see!"
"I saw you wearing a Thirty Seconds to Mars t-shirt once and I thought you might get the...reference!" she looked down at the ground as he nodded.


"I'll wrap my hands around your neck so tight with love...love!" his voice trailed off to a whisper as they both looked at each other for a very long time. Her eyes were so green, like a cat! He closed his eyes and pictured the butterfly tattoo on her back...

...how he wanted to kiss it...

...so he kissed her instead! And she didn't fight him off, quite the opposite!

After a while she drew back and said "Was?"
"Was what?"
"WAS the love of your life?" she eyed him intently.
"I let her go! So yeah! WAS!"

As they sat down on the bed, things threatening to get serious, he tried to lose himself in the kiss but...


...it was now his turn to draw away from her.

"I...I can't I'm sorry!"

"Wow, I guess WAS isn't the whole truth huh? She really did a number on you eh?" she replied, and rather than look annoyed she actually seemed impressed by his resolve.
"Jen...I...I'm...I dunno!" he mumbled as he squeezed her waist gently and sighed in frustration.

She stood up and headed for the door, "I'd best be off now Dexter but we will go out again! I'm determined to show you that you can be happy! I can make you happy!" 


"G'night handsome!" She giggled softly and left him alone in his room with her perfume plastered all over his shirt and the taste of her lip gloss sticking to his lips as his heart danced inside his chest! He liked this girl, and it surprised him!

Drew had taken Rob's warning to heart and cut his hair. Not because he was afraid of Temperance, he just didn't want her to have any room to talk! That evening he and Charlotte had just watched another slushy romantic movie. Suddenly Charlotte stood up and took Drew by the hand dragging him to the back of the room.

She led him into her room, a place he'd never been before and declared "This is my bedroom Andrew and you are to stay!" Drew's face grew hot and he was lost for words, was he ready?

"Char..."
"Don't worry Andrew!" Charlotte giggled, "I will be very gentle with you! I just want to be close to you. I just want us to be close, no pressure, no making babies just...two people getting to know each other in the most intimate way possible! Are you okay with that?" Drew grinned from ear to ear ...

...yes, he was definitely ready!

So all the boys are getting some action? ;) While little Lainie is very jealous. What will come of Dexter and Jenna's date? Does he like her enough to actually get serious with her? And what of David and Lainie? Hmmm... :D

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heart aches! I like David i do..... but.... he's so not for Lainie! And Jenna.... I don't like her! I should, I know that but.... It hurts my heart seeing him with her! I really wish he and Lainie would make some progress! This is worse than seeing Lainie with Alex D: I knew he was bad.... with Jen.... I'm just...ugh! lol Good chapter! I hope Drew and Char make babies soon :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason you don't like Jenna is because you know that Dex is destined to be with Lainie, that he belongs with her! But until she realises that, he deserves a little happiness of his own, no? ;) I knew it wouldn't be popular giving him a girlfriend, and a pretty, kind and clever one at that. But it's what he needs right now, she will be good for him and Lainie will see what she's missing believe me! :D

      Delete
  2. Jenna is really very pretty and just what Dexy needs. Well done Ash for finally making that step with Erin :) I hope Drew grows his hair back, he's far too boy band and not enough rock!!! Great chappie hun! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. hellooooo I'm back :D and finally caught up with everything yay! Wow so much news and emotions <3 And I'm so happy for Ash&Erin <3 And I can't wait to see baby Drewlotte ;) And you know what? I thought I would really hate Jenna but .... and not that I actually like her, but I'm weirdly glad that she appeared. Now Lainie will realise that it's time she told Dexy those three little words herself maybe ;) no matter if she thinks he's out of her reach! well, that's what I hope happens in the end XD and I'm kinda sad for David because he's a good guy... but hey, he would be great with Jenna XD Oh, and I almost forgot! I just LOOOOOOOVE Roxy&Matt <3 And I'm so glad Alex and Selena are out of the way :D Even if they return, they would not be able to do any further damage now I guess ;) wonderful chapters! So great to catch up <3 oh, and I was so yayyyy when I read that Dexy was the daddy!!! I was almost convinced that it was Alex but they would win Keira's custody in courts at some point... :D can't wait for more ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)