Friday 1 November 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: A Lesson Learned...

Lainie cried herself to sleep last night, she awoke to a pounding headache and the realisation that she had been so very stupid these past few weeks. She noticed that her phone had a couple of messages. One from Alex saying how much he loved spending time with her after all these years and that they should do it again some time...

...and another from Born2Rok, AKA Dexter Maloney. He was actually lecturing her on lies! What a hypocrite! She had vowed to have nothing to do with him ever again, but his text just angered her so much! She replied, not expecting an answer...

...and minutes after she sent her reply, there was a soft knock on her door and a voice called out sadly, "Freckles? You up?"

Oh my God! She could feel the panic rise up inside of her, she didn't even want to look at him never mind speak to him! She stayed quiet, hoping he would just go away. But he started to talk through the door at her, "I just need a friend right now! I...I fucked something totally up and now I feel like shit! Freckles? Please?"

Still she remained quiet, she looked down at her phone to see if he had sent her another text, but nope. "Freckles, I need you. You always make me feel better." Was he crying? "Evelyn..." She hated her Christian name, but when he said it, she hated it a little less. She just sat there feeling numb, terrified to make a sound that would alert him that she was actually there and awake. Listening to his every word. "...my date last night? She didn't show up, and I thought that it was because she wasn't interested or she was stringing me along but the truth is..."

"...I lied to her about who I really am and she found out, and now she hates me! That's why she didn't turn up last night, not because she doesn't like me, but because she does and I hurt her! Unintentionally, but I still hurt her! Evelyn how do I make it right?"

Lainie went out into the hall to face him, he was crying and he looked terrible, like he'd had zero sleep last night as well. All the decorations had been taken down, no doubt Charlotte had ordered them all to do it last night rather than wait for morning. Dexter wasn't normally up this early, she kept her head down as he greeted her with a relieved sigh and a "Hey, you're up, thank God!"

"Maybe you can't!" She mumbled, unable to look at him.
"Can't...what..."
"Make it right! Maybe you can't!" She glanced quickly at his face then away again as she could just make out the puzzled expression plastered all over it.

"There has to be a way, c'mon freckles you're usually good at this. How do I fix this?" He pleaded, and she almost caved. Almost!
"Some things just can't be fixed Dexter. Sometimes we have to accept the consequences of our actions and move on."
"I can't move on, I...not now! I thought she was no good, but I hurt her, she didn't know I was me..."
"That's an odd statement!" Lainie still played dumb, but knowing exactly what he meant because she didn't know he was him! He was right!

"Freckles are you okay? You seem...off! Did Alex do anything to upset you last night?" You've got a nerve Dexter Maloney!
"No, I...I still have this headache, it won't budge. I'm going back to bed, you should too you look like shit!" It just came out, she saw him physically recoil at her words.

"Okay, yeah. You're right! Feel better freckles!" He rubbed her arm affectionately and she felt sick, stop calling me that, she thought to herself. "You know where I am if you need anything, and if this headache doesn't get any better I'm taking you to the doctor! Okay?" She nodded in agreement, anything to get him to leave.

She stood in her room feeling ever so confused. She hated him for lying, but she could see that he was hurting over this. Could it be true that he really didn't know she was CookieGurl? Surely he would have 'fessed up by now? There was no hint of a wind up, he was teary and genuinely upset.

She avoided everyone all morning, just pottering about in her room. Luckily she had the day off today, she wasn't any good to anyone right now so it was just as well. Another knock on her door, but this time it was more forceful. "Lain?" Roxy! "Are you feeling any better? Can I come in?"
"Yeah, come...in!" She had to admit that her head was feeling much better, but she couldn't go out there and see Dexter.

"Maloney says your head still hurts, do you want any painkillers or...anything?" Roxy sat down next to her looking worried about her.
"No, it's a lot better now, I'm just really tired. What else did Dexter say?"

"Just that you were feeling crappy and I should come and check on you, he thinks you're pissed off with him!" Ain't that the truth!
"No I just need a bit of rest, you know what sleep deprivation does to a person, crankiness abound!"
"Well..." Roxy began.

"...you'll never guess what happened at breakfast this morning!" No I won't, so tell me! She wasn't in the mood for guessing.
"What?"
"Maloney sat us all down and told us he's been on the band forum talking to a fan pretending to be another fan, and he fell for her. Now she's found out he's actually, y'know, Dexter frickin' Maloney, and she's really hacked off with him for lying! He's in bits!"
"Serves him right!" Lainie spat, did she just say that out loud?

"Well, I know it was stupid, but he really fell for this girl...oh..." Roxy covered her mouth and looked at Lainie sympathetically, "...I forgot you...Lain I'm so sorry!"
"No you're fine, so he really likes her?"


"Really, really likes her! He said that he's never been able to talk to any girl the way he can talk to her, except for you, he said that you and this girl are..."
"The same person?" Lainie blurted out.
"No, he..." The penny finally dropped.

"Oh...em...gee!" Roxy exclaimed and her big green eyes were as wide as saucers.
"I am CookieGurl!" Lainie waved and nodded.
"No fucking way!"
"Way!" Roxy had the biggest smile on her face, 
"He found you when he was trying to lose you!"
"What?" Lainie looked at her as if she'd gone mad.

"Maloney started chatting to this girl to get his mind off of you, because let's face it he was hitting a brick wall it was painful to watch, and the girl turned out to be you! You have to tell him!"
"NO!" Lainie shook her head vehemently, "He never finds out Roxanne, promise me!" Roxy pouted.

Then she finally nodded and agreed, "Promise!" She groaned, "But you are being very silly! He's crazy about you, as this Cookie chick and as yourself!"
"That is myself, I am CookieGurl and CookieGurl is me! I was real with him all along, he's the one who lied!" Lainie could barely hide the bitterness in her voice.

"For good reason! He wanted you to fall for him, not the lead singer of Sweet Cacophony! Can you blame him? He has vacuous, vapid girls chasing after him all the time. He just wanted this to be real."
"I already fell for him, I don't care about the whole band thing. All he's ever done is humiliate me, I just want to forget this whole thing and forget him too." Roxy blinked in shock.
"Well that's going to be difficult living under the same roof!"

"Yeah, that's why I'm going to look for another place. I'll ask my mum and dad to help me out for a bit so I can get on my feet financially." Roxy's eyes glistened.
"But I don't want to not live with you Lain! I..."

"You have a promising future with this band, you'll be fine!" Lainie smiled at her best friend.
"You're seriously gonna leave me here with all this testosterone and Charlotte?" Lainie laughed a little at Roxy's squeaky voice.
"You'll be fine!" She repeated reassuringly.

Lainie eventually came out of her room in the afternoon. The house was rather quiet save for the thumping coming from the practice room, then Dexter's shouting. He sounded annoyed...

...and then he came storming out of there, as they stood face to face in the hall. "Oh!" He muttered at the sight of her.
"I...I was just going to the lounge..." 

As she headed into the living room, he caught up to her, "So you're moving out huh?" Shit! Damn you Roxanne.
"Yes, I...I've overstayed my welcome."

Dexter blocked her path, he looked angry...and hurt! "Freckles, what is going on? Please tell me if it's Alex I will happily beat the shit out of him! He's no good for you and you were lucky to get rid of him the first time around!" How dare he!

"For your information, Alex Wilder was my first love! He was nothing but sweet and loving to me all through our relationship! You don't know anything about my life, you know nothing about me so kindly keep it that way!" Dexter stepped back in shock, she had been so hostile today. After they had made progress, she was reverting back to insults and harsh words.

"Freckles..."
"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" She exploded, he looked like a wounded animal, but she just couldn't find it in her heart to be nice to him. After everything, after opening her heart to Born2Rok, the lying scumbag that was Dexter Maloney.

"Lainie, if I've done something to upset you..."
"UPSET me?" She shrieked, "Upset me!" She let out a bitter laugh and looked deeply into his aqua blue eyes.
"I don't want you to leave!" his voice cracked with emotion, as he took hold of her.

"It isn't about what you want..." She trailed off, why was she wasting her time talking? She'd embarrassed herself, exposed her vulnerability to this man. She couldn't tell him why she was so hurt, why she was so hostile. She couldn't tell him she was his CookieGurl, he would only be disappointed. He deserved better!

He moved in closer to her as she tried to get away, resting his head on hers, "Then what is it about freckles?" I'm your CookieGurl, she wanted to say it, but let him have the mystery. Don't ruin this fantasy for him.
"INFJ people don't do well living with so many people!" She wriggled out of his grip and sat down on the couch.

"IN...F what?" He followed her and sat beside her, there was no getting away from him.
"I'm not comfortable with all these housemates, it's better if I find somewhere else."
"No!" Dexter gave her a look that inferred she was being stupid. "No you stay here, Roxy needs you!"

He looked intently into her eyes, pleadingly, "I need you!"
"Dexter, I'm not happy here, I'm miserable! I don't fit in with the cool kids!" Dexter laughed out loud.
"What cool kids? There are no cool kids in this house, we're all misfits!" No my beautiful boy, you are just perfect!

Silence engulfed the room, Lainie felt a cold shiver run down her back as Dexter's eyes bore into hers. Finally he spoke, "Evelyn, please stay! I promise to leave you alone and let you do your own thing. Would you like me to convert the empty room next to you into another living room? So you can have some...peace from me?" Peace from you, never going to happen gorgeous!

"And where will the money for that come from?" She nipped her eyes shut, feeling tired and worn down.
"I'll sell a few paintings and Drew makes quite a bit with his gadgets. Oh and Ash has savings..."
"Dexy..."
"You called me Dexy!" He beamed.

"So what?"
"Does this mean we're friends again?" He was so cute, why could she not stay mad at him? Because he hadn't really done anything bad, she was just putting all of her insecurities onto him and trying to blame him for everything when they were equally to blame.

She got up and headed back to her room, "We were never not friends Dexy, I'm just not feeling well! I'll talk to you later." She had to get out of there, her emotions were all over the place.

Once she was back in her room, her phone was still sitting on her desk on charge and on silent. She had a message waiting for her, she had a text from her "Roky".

"OMG!" She sucked in a breath. She had him all wrong! She feverishly texted him back.

And the answers she was getting made her heart flutter. This was the second time he had asked to start again, only he had asked "freckles" the first time, this time he was asking "CookieGurl". 

Dexter Maloney was a good guy! A lesson learned, she just had to figure out a way of keeping her identity secret for a little longer...

...until she could end things with him for good and forget all about this silly mess! Because if he ever found out, he'd hate her and never want anything to do with her ever again!

To Be Continued...

What is to become of Born2Rok and CookieGurl? Will Lainie's secret get out? Or is Dexter really that clueless? I'd say yes, next chapter  beaucoup de awkwardness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)