Tuesday 12 November 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: Hate That I Love You
Lainie examined Dexter's face, still not giving away any clues, as the silence was deafening in that long and empty hall. Eventually Dexter spoke, "Well? Aren't you going to say anything?" How was he remaining so calm? She felt as if she could topple over any minute.

She opened her mouth to speak, several times, but nothing would come out. "Okay, so you've had your little joke, very funny ha ha! You got me!" He half smiled for a moment and nodded, but still his face was poker straight.
"I..." She squeaked as he raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her explanation.
"Yes?"

"Dexy I'm sorry I...wanted to tell you I..."
"Tell me what Evelyn?" His tone was eerie, so calm and cool that it broke her heart. She wanted some kind of emotion from him, yelling...shouting...anything! Not this robotic demeanor that stood before her.

"Dexy I didn't know it was you until you gave me the address for the party and...well I whittled it down to two people in this house, you and Ashton..."
"And you couldn't have told me when you saw me dressed as Prince Charming, you made me think I'd been stood up..."
"I panicked!" She did panic, she was panicking now! He was the ultimate cool, calm and collected.
"You panicked." He repeated in that flat tone, "Right..."

"...and the times I confided in you, poured my heart out, were you panicking then too?" When he said it, he made it sound so horrible, what she had done was a violation! Why was she only just realising this now?
"Dexy..."
"My name is Dexter Evelyn!" And now his tone took on a sinister vibe that chilled her to the bone. He could barely even look at her.

"Dexy please..."
"Why did you do this to me? Do you hate me that much?" Why wasn't he angry? Why was he so chilled out?
"No I...the exact opposite, surely you know..."
"Honestly?" He cut her off, "I don't know anything any more, I don't understand how one human being could fuck with another the way you did. That's really some fucked up shit right there Evelyn, really fucked up! You know what's scary?" She shook her head vigorously.

"How the lies just came so naturally to you, how they just tumble out of your mouth with the greatest of ease. Now that is truly terrifying! All this time I was worried about poor little Evelyn being with the big bad Alex, when all along you were doing this to me?" She just wanted to curl up and die, how he must despise her for what she had done.
"No, Dexy no..."

"And you know what? You both deserve each other, I hope the two of you will be very happy in your evil lair. Looks like I dodged a bullet!"
"No Dexy...please..." As he started to walk away from her, she could feel the hot tears sting her cheeks, he wouldn't let her explain! He didn't even let her give her side of the story!

"Oh God Oh God!" She breathed, as he casually headed for his room. She couldn't let him go like this, she had to tell him her side of this. "Dexy wait, please let me explain..."
"What's to explain? You had me, you really had me. I had no idea you were living across the hall, sharing coffee with me, watching movies with me, talking to me! You really did a good job Evelyn! And I would probably never have known if Charlotte hadn't agreed to give me your number..."

"...she wrote it on a piece of paper, when I looked at it I had to blink several times to check I wasn't seeing things, cuz I had CookieGurl's number engraved inside my brain so the game was up as soon as I looked at that little scrap of paper."
"Dexy..." Lainie wept, she wanted to touch him, tell him she loved him.

"No Evelyn, fair play to you. You should have been an actress, you're wasted in that kitchen!" His words cut her so deeply, he was so very cold!
"Dexy it wasn't a game!"
"Sure it was, you played it very well, and the sexting the other night was a nice touch." No, don't even say that, don't dismiss it like it was nothing!!!
"I wasn't playing Dexy I swear!"

"I'm gonna go paint something, your voice is grating on my nerves!" Oh my God? That last sentence just pierced right through her heart. "Goodbye Evelyn, see ya around!"

Fuck! Lainie had never felt like this in her whole life, not even when Alex left her to go on that gap year. She felt like she wanted to die, "Dexy I love you!" She whimpered towards his closed door, how could he even think that she was acting? How was she ever going to get over this? How could she live here after this? She had been dreading him finding out, but rather than be so calm about it, she would rather he'd shouted and screamed at her...told her he hated her, at least hate was an emotion! "What am I gonna do?"

Dexter stood frozen on the spot in his room. How the hell did I do that without losing my shit? He wasn't calm, he wasn't cool and he certainly wasn't collected. The pain in his chest ached right through him and he wanted to cry but the tears just would not come. How could she have done this? How could he have been so blind? She was not the cute, sweet little Riverview girl he thought she was! She was the devil! Stringing him along while seeing that Alex at the same time...and the sexting? No wonder she turned down his request to hear her voice, he wanted so badly to talk to her, she always had an excuse...now he knew why! And he just wanted to hide away forever! "What am I gonna do?"

Lainie stood in her room, feeling sick. He hates me, I was dreading this! Things had turned out roughly how she expected, but she was not prepared for this feeling!

Several hours later, she was still crying under her covers when there was a knock on her door, "Lain?" Roxy! "Are you in there? You didn't come out for dinner, were you out with Alex? Lainie you there?" You mean Dexter hasn't told everyone I'm an evil bitch? Trying to be as quiet as she could, She heard Roxy's footsteps get softer as she walked away. Good, she just couldn't face anyone right now...or ever!

Roxy was concerned for her friend, she had mentioned going for lunch with Alex, but not for dinner. She expected her home hours ago, no one had seen her, Dexter just shrugged when she quizzed him, she remembered seeing him leaving Lainie's room this morning. "Did she say what her plans were for the day?" Dexter held up his hands nonchalantly and replied a simple,
"Nope!"

"Maloney, what did you two talk about then?"
"Nothing much, I was just encouraging her to take acting classes! She's got talent that girl, really!" He was being weird, and Roxy did not like it.
"What is up with you?"
"I just broke up with CookieGurl so..." He pouted and whined dramatically, "...I'm saaaaad!" He was being very weird tonight!

"Really? So that's it then?" Maybe that's why Lainie was AWOL, she was probably heartbroken over this!
"Yep, had enough of her drama so...hit the road freckles-I mean-CookieGurl!" Dexter's cheeks burst into a colour of crimson and he looked down at the ground.
"Oh my God YOU KNOW???"

Dexter looked up at her and he looked furious, "YOU KNOW???"
"Yes, of course I do! She blurted it out the day after the Halloween party! She was in bits!"
"I'll bet she was!" Dexter scoffed.
"Maloney, she was devastated when she discovered who you were! She thought you were playing with her! When she found out you were just as clueless she wanted so badly to tell you but she was scared you'd hate her!"

"Well, if the acting doesn't happen for her then she should totally take up fortune telling because she nailed that one!" Roxy was shocked at his attitude, he was so harsh!
"What the hell is the matter with you?" She shook her head in disbelief.
"I got my fucking heart broken, that's what's the matter with me Roxanne! You ever get your heart broken? Huh? It fucking hurts!"

"Maloney, what is the big deal? You finally know who she is and she happens to be someone you are crazy about!"
"She played me!!!" And now the emotion came crashing down, the anger and sadness. No longer cool, no longer hard and unfeeling!
"She did not! The only time she was dishonest was when she found out who you were, the rest of the time she bared her heart and soul to you and you fucking know it!"


Roxy eyed him up and down, "You know what I think?"
"What?" He snapped, she was making sense and it annoyed him.
"I think you're scared, I think you're fucking terrified that she turned out to be everything you ever dreamed of and more! You have no idea how to handle the fact that she may be your soulmate!"
"Don't!" He pointed a finger at her, "Don't say the S word to me!"

"Fuck you Maloney, I need to find my best friend!" Roxy headed towards the front door, but not before this final parting shot, "And if anything happens to her, you better run boy because I will cut off your dick and make you eat it!"

Roxy stopped in her tracks as a small piece of paper lying at the front door caught her eye. She picked it up and read it. "Oh shit!" She muttered, as Dexter approached her.
"What?"

"What is it?" Roxy handed him the piece of paper as his heart sank to his boots. "Shit!"

Lainie had left a note, she was gone!

Roxy glared at Dexter as his hand trembled holding the note, "Your dick still isn't safe pretty boy! Watch your back!"

"It's so lovely to see you Evie!" Sadie Robertson grinned and embraced her daughter.
"Yeah, it's nice to see you too mum!"
"Your dad will be so surprised when he comes home. By the way did Alex find you alright? He came by a few weeks ago looking for you." Lainie felt a slight dread at the mention of Alex, she'd upped and left and never told him!
"Yeah he appeared!"

As she sat in her parents' living room she felt safe. Although they had moved from Riverview to Brindleton Bay leaving her childhood home behind, this still felt like home to her. "So how long do we have the pleasure of your company?"
"I don't really know, I broke up with Alex again and I needed to get away from Newcrest!"

"Oh that's a shame dear, he always seemed so smitten with you."
"How's Liv?" Lainie's older sister, Olivia, wasn't exactly her biggest fan. Liv always picked on her when they were growing up, there were four years between them and Lainie always idolised her sister only to be ridiculed in return.
"She's...um...well she has a job in a bar in San Myshuno. She has a gentleman friend but refuses to bring him home to meet us so..." Her mother looked sadly off into the distance.

"...shame about Alex. Doesn't seem like I'll be getting any grandchildren any time soon."
"MUM!" Lainie blushed, the thought of having a child with Alex was terrifying.
"Sorry, a mother can dream can't she?" Lainie was beginning to think that this had been a huge mistake when the sound of the front door opening and closing made her mother jump up and announce "Oh that'll be dad now!"

Gordon Robertson entered the living room and gasped at the sight of his youngest daughter standing there, "Oh Evelyn, monkey you're home!" Lainie accepted her father's warm hug and let it slide that he still called her monkey at the age of 33.
"Hi dad!" Okay maybe things were going to be fine, they couldn't really get any worse.

Dexter was also taking refuge at his mother's house, he didn't feel like he could tell anyone the true identity of CookieGurl and he'd sworn Roxy to secrecy. But he could always trust his good old mum. Avril Maloney stared her son down as he sat eating one of her yummy peanut butter cookies. "So?" One little word that felt like a complete interrogation.
"What?" Dexter mumbled, mouth full of cookie.
"You're troubled, I can tell sweetheart."

"Yeah, I'm troubled, and as my mother you have to promise not to divulge my secrets to anyone...not even your first born!"
"But...you share everything with Ashton!" Avril blinked in surprise.
"Not this!" Dexter gave her a meaningful look, she had to take him seriously.
"Okay I promise, now what's wrong with my baby?"

Dexter sighed and readied himself to relive the whole CookieGate saga. And after he told his mother all of it, she looked as if she was deep in thought. "Mum?" Avril shook her head and gave him a look that implied she thought he was stupid.
"Darling, you screwed up!" What?
"Did I?"
"Yeah, big time!"

"How? She lied, she hurt me!"
"And you didn't give her a chance to explain herself. You just assumed she was playing some kind of nasty trick on you, did it ever occur to you that everything she told you when you sought her advice was true? That she didn't feel worthy of you? That she was scared and shy?" Dexter never thought of that, he just assumed everything she said was a lie.

"I screwed up!" Dexter nodded sadly as his mother smiled and patted his hand.
"So what are you going to do about it?" Honestly, he had no idea!
"I just...I hate that I love her!" Avril let out an oooooh sound and her eyes widened.

"You love her eh?"
"Yes, and I hate it! I hate that I can't just forget about her and move on!" Dexter looked at his mother as she shrugged and gave him a crooked smile,
"Then don't!"

Brindleton Bay was truly a beautiful place, Lainie had been there for a few days now and she didn't really want to go back to Newcrest. She had taken leave from the restaurant and was seriously considering quitting. She had called Roxy to let her know she was okay, she was surprised to hear that Dexter didn't want anyone to know she was CookieGurl and he and Roxy had made up some excuse about Alex, explaining her absence to the others. 

She arrived home from her daily walk to her mother with a huge smile on her face, "Evie, you have a gentleman caller!" Dexy??? 


Lainie rushed into the living room hoping desperately that Dexter Maloney had come to forgive her...

...but her world came crashing down at the sight of Alex Wilder with a sheepish grin, "Hi Lainie, so this is where you've been hiding then?"

To Be Continued...

Alex just keeps on popping up doesn't he? Next chapter both Lainie and Dexter make choices that are...questionable at best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)