Friday 8 November 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine: If You Only Knew...
"So what's the deal with this Alex dude?" Dexter casually asked as Roxy almost spat out her coffee.
"Define deal?" After learning that her best friend and band mate were embarking on a romantic relationship where neither of them had known they were actually talking to each other, she felt understandably awkward. Now that Lainie was aware of Born2Rok's identity, there was an atmosphere in the house.

"Well, is he a good guy? Or do I have to fuck him up?" Roxy laughed out loud at this statement, Dexter Maloney was so cute...and precious! Alex would make mincemeat of that skinny little body of his. "What's so funny?" Dex gave her a raised eyebrow.
"Oh nothing I...you're not exactly The Rock!" She sniggered, as Ash chimed in.

"He's not exactly The Pebble either!" Both Roxy and Ash started laughing while Dex could feel his cheeks grow hotter with rage.
"Hey I can hold my own in a fight!"
"He's right!" Ash nodded, "He may look breakable but he's like a crazy kitten in battle, complete with caterwauling and claws!" And they were laughing again as Ash pretended to be scared of him. Dexter lost it and growled at his brother.

"Hey! I'm concerned for freckles here! And I will have you know I haven't lost a fight yet!" Ash looked at him and shook his head.
"Please, Drew and I beat the crap outta you that night you came back from Bridgeport, called our mother a bitch and stole dad's car nearly driving it into the river!"
"I was drunk!" Dex scowled at his brother, "It was two against one, and I was pissed out of my mind!" Then he pouted, "Why do you always have to bring up the B word? Don't you think I hate myself enough?"

Roxy looked from one brother to another, "Why did you and Drew beat him up?" Ash shrugged and looked sheepish.
"Look I'm not proud of it, but after our dad died he ran off and we didn't know where he was for six months, when he came back he had an attitude he needed beaten out of him so..."
"So he broke my arm and a couple of ribs, and my face was black and blue!" Ash interjected,
"Your body was pretty black and blue too, all those tattoos that Steph woman plastered over your pasty little spaghetti arms..."

"I don't need to listen to this shit!" Dexter stormed out of the kitchen as Roxy gave Ash a disapproving look and followed him.
"What?" Ash shrugged again.

"Maloney wait!" Roxy called to him as he headed for his room.
"I get it okay? I'm not good enough for her!"
"What are you talking about? Who?"
"I'm not good enough for either of them!" He screwed his eyes shut and sighed. "Things are going well with CookieGurl, but all I can think of is how Lainie's doing, if that Alex guy is treating her properly! I don't like him, did I mention that I don't like him?"
"Yes you may have dropped a few hints!" Roxy smirked and elbowed him playfully.

"Look Maloney I can't lie to you, Alex is a total dick but Lain could never see through his boyish charm. All both of us can do is be there when it hits the fan." Dexter looked sad, and then a flash of anger hit his pretty face.
"So we have to let this jerk hurt her? No fucking way!"
"Maloney if you interfere you will only drive her deeper into his arms, best thing to do is just keep it shut. I speak from experience."

Dexter didn't like that plan, he didn't like it at all. He and Cookiegurl were still messaging each other but things were a little strained since his identity was revealed, except the other night it got to a whole new level that confused him. Plus he was distracted by Lainie's many dates with the scoundrel Alex Wilder.

Not only that, but every time he was left alone with the guy he had some snide remark about his appearance or his art and music skills. He was a bad dude! In fact last night he had threatened him to stay away from Lainie. "You go near her, I'll cut you pretty boy!" He had muttered with a sweet smile on his face, God Dexter hated this guy!


"Just...trust me okay?" Roxy smiled sympathetically, "We'll talk later, things will work out you'll see!" she patted his shoulder and left him alone in the hall. Yeah, great!

Lainie was dating a total douche, and CookieGurl was making up all kinds of excuses not to meet up with him. He was seriously considering ending the whole...whatever this was! "Bro I'm sorry!" Ash cut into his thoughts.

"Forget it!" Dex mumbled, his life was so complicated, why did things have to be so difficult?
"No, I was out of order and I'm really sorry. Look, if you wanna talk you know I'm always here for you." Dexter nodded in acknowledgment.


"I know, thanks Ash!" Dexter plastered on a false smile.
"Anything!" Ash followed him to his bedroom door.
"Yeah, don't worry I know where to find you."

But Ash was worried, Dexter's mood wasn't getting any better despite having cleared the air with the girl he'd been messaging. It was clear that Lainie's activities of late were getting to him, Ash wondered who Dexter really wanted...or did he even know himself?

Lainie was still trying to end things with Born2Rok AKA Dexter. Things were becoming very serious, just the other night she indulged in a little sexting with him. She was so embarrassed the next morning that she left without her coffee in case she bumped into him.

Besides, she had decided to see Alex as a cover so that Dexter wouldn't get suspicious, and he had just texted to say he was picking her up for lunch later. She still loved Alex, after all he was the guy who broke her heart and she never truly did get over him. Things were an absolute mess! Was it possible to like two men at the same time? Every time she saw Dexter Maloney her heart fluttered and she struggled to breathe whenever he was close to her...

...Alex was sweet and affectionate, he was handsome too, but he didn't ignite the same fire inside of her that Dexter did. Alex was a sure thing, whereas Dexter was not, if he ever found out that she was CookieGurl he would never speak to her again...and the thought of that made her heart hurt!


Although Ash had told him that he was there if he needed to talk, Dex couldn't bring himself to open up to him. He needed a shoulder, and he knew exactly which shoulder he wanted to lean on.


Knocking on Lainie's door, even though he had promised to give her space, his heart pounded in his chest at the thought of seeing her cute little face. She called out, "Who is it?"
"Dexter, freckles can I talk to you?" There was a long silence, Dexter fidgeted on the spot waiting for her to answer him.
"Come in." She finally responded, and he jumped straight in.


"Hi Dexy!" She was so pretty today, she was so pretty every day but today she was glowing.
"Hey freckles, I wanted to talk to you, get your female perspective if that's okay?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"Well it's kinda delicate, and intimate and...forget it!" Dex headed for the door but Lainie tapped his arm and stopped him in his tracks.


"No, no tell me I promise whatever it is I will keep it a secret." She smiled half heartedly, knowing exactly what the intimate thing was having been the other half involved in it. When she looked at him she felt the burning desire between her legs, and her cheeks flushed. Focus girl, focus!
"Me and CookieGurl we...we were sexting the other night and...I just feel so confused! She won't meet me but she does stuff like that? I don't understand women, I really don't!" He looked frustrated, and she felt really awful about it.


"Maybe she's shy, maybe she has self esteem issues and you're Dexter Maloney..." He interrupted her.
"Whoa whoa whoa, what do you mean by that? I'm Dexter Maloney?" Lainie gulped hard as he glared accusingly at her.
"Just that you're handsome, talented and confident. Maybe she isn't any of those things!" He shook his head, still looking annoyed at her.
"No, she's smart and kind and funny...she's the whole package and I am dying to see her!" Now his anger turned to sadness. "Why won't she see me freckles? It's hurtful!"


Lainie didn't know what to say, if you only knew, she thought. Yes she knew she should confess that she was CookieGurl but she just couldn't bear the thought of Dexter never talking to her again. "Dexy, I think she's scared!"
"Of me? I would never...why?" A mix of anger and confusion spread across his pretty features as Lainie resisted the urge to just tell him everything.


"Yes of you, of disappointing you maybe? I don't know, do you even realise how amazing you are? How that could be intimidating? You're in a band, you've got girls throwing themselves at you all the time and that in itself would make me feel self conscious so..." He looked completely overwhelmed now. Wow was he clueless, did he not realise what a little hottie he was?


"...all I'm saying is you're a really lovely guy and there are some girls out there who don't think they are worthy of you." Like me, she thought, and that is why I hide in the shadows and keep my mouth shut.


"So if I wasn't in a band, would you...ever..." He stared into her eyes for an uncomfortably long time, she didn't know what to do, she felt like he was searching her very soul for something and her heart was in her mouth until he finally spoke again.


"...look thanks freckles, thanks for helping me out. I gotta go!" He turned heel and rushed out the door before she could say anything back. 


Her head buzzed with excitement, confusion and terror over their odd conversation. She was so torn, she wanted so badly to tell him! She knew that she wasn't worthy of him, better to just disappear and let him have his little fantasy of the mysterious CookieGurl...because the truth would break his heart!


Dexter stood in the hall trying to catch his breath, he almost asked her out! ALMOST! He was so close to just dumping CookieGurl and grabbing hold of Evelyn Dawn Robertson and never letting her go! Sweeping her up and running far far away from Alex and CookieGurl and everyone else! 


I'm in love with her, oh shit, I'm so in love with her I can't even think straight! His thoughts were going into overdrive and he needed to get out of the house before he exploded!


As he was about to leave, his head filled with so many thoughts and his heart bursting with so many feelings, he bumped into Charlotte. "Oh hello Dexter Maloney, can I ask you something?"
"What Char?" He spat it out, unintentionally, as her big brown eyes blinked in surprise. 


"S-sorry, I have a lot on my mind. What can I do for you gorgeous?" Her mouth curved into a bashful smile when he called her gorgeous, and she just started firing off what was on her mind.


"Well, I was wondering what would be an appropriate Christmas present for Andrew, I'm not sure whether to go the friendly route or..." Dex cut in and raised a hand.


"Charlotte it's only November! But I can tell you he's crazy about you, if he could he would have your babies! So it's safe to say that you could buy him anything and he would love it almost as much as you!" Charlotte gasped and placed a hand on her chest, staring at Dexter for a very long time as an amused smile crossed his lips.


"Dexter Maloney..." Dexter chuckled and didn't let her finish,
"Look Char I need a favour from you too, can you give me Lainie's number? There's something I have to tell her but I'm too scared to say it to her face so...I'm gonna go the cowardly way of texting her."

"Yes of course, I'll get it for you right now. Dexter Maloney thank you for your help." She was smiling bashfully again as she beckoned him into her bedroom.
"Any time Char!" Once he had Lainie's number he would text her and confess his feelings...


...and then he was going to end things with CookieGurl, she'd had her chance to be with him and she blew it! Now all he needed to do was prize his freckles away from the yucky grip of Alex Wilder!

"Penny for them?" Alex nudged Lainie and knocked her out of her little day dream. Was Dexter going to ask her out this morning? It sure felt like it, gosh this was one big mess.
"What? Oh just tired!" She tried to plaster on a smile, as Alex pulled her close and kissed her.

She wanted to feel the butterflies in her stomach when he kissed her, like she did when Dexter brushed against her or touched her at all! This kiss couldn't even compare to one little touch from Dexter Maloney, one little smile in her direction. She loved Alex, but...

...she wasn't sure she was in love with him any more. As he drew her in for a hug, she could feel his heart beating against her, steady. It didn't race the way Dexter's did when they were so close a week ago. When he begged her not to move out, when he told her he would stay away from her if that was what she wanted, as long as she stayed.

He told her he needed her! He was always putting Alex down and making out he was a bad guy. Was he jealous? Lainie could only hope! But CookieGurl, where did she fit in? Was she just being stupid thinking that Dexter Maloney could ever like her more than just a friend?

Alex walked her home and after another disappointing kiss, they said their goodbyes and Lainie made a beeline for her room. Moments later her phone beeped, a text from Born2Rok.

Her heart galloped in her chest, he was outside her door? How could he possibly be? That would mean...

"Oh Shit!" A knock on her door made her jump six feet in the air as the all familiar voice of Dexter Maloney called through it,
"Open the door Evelyn!" 

His voice was flat and emotionless, she couldn't tell what mood he was in. Could it be a coincidence that she had received a text and he was standing right outside her door?

No! Don't be so naive! She opened the door slowly and stepped outside as his expressionless face came into view. "Hello Evelyn, or should I call you..."

"...CookieGurl?" That one name, one little word, made her heart stop and her head feel dizzy. 

Her eyes blurred and she could barely make out his face, she felt sick, she felt like she was going to faint...he knew!!!

To Be Continued...

He knows, Dexter knows CookieGurl is Lainie! What will happen next? Will he still love her? Will he realise she is the girl of his dreams? Will he forgive her deception? Next chapter they have it out one way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)