Saturday 14 April 2012

Guild of Rejects: Episode Two

"Do what you, what you want, the world's closing in on you now, stand and face the unknown, got to remember who you really are..."(Evanescence, What You Want)

 After his little stunt at Matheus Roche's club, Nathan had been on the receiving end of his brother's lecturing for over half an hour!

 "When are you gunna learn Nathan? That girl is probably traumatised! Hopefully Sarah can glamour her or something..."

 "Will you quit naggin' dude!"
"This vampire killing is too dangerous!"
"It's what pays the bills brah!"
" Yeah well, I still think you could pay the bills with an honest days work! Not this...public display of murder in front of innocent young women!"

"Shut up! I'll go see Sarah, I'll ask about her friend. Then I'll go on damage control!"
 "Hey listen I'm saying this for your own good Nathan! You're going to end up dead in an alley somewhere! You're not immortal and you have no superpowers so against them you're the underdog!"

 "I can't forget about what happened to our parents, I just can't stop until they're all dead! You should be supporting me, not constantly putting me down!"

 "This has to stop! Mum and dad died in a car crash, it wasn't vampires!"
"You have your opinion...and I have mine. I'll see ya!"

 April couldn't sleep that night. It wasn't the incident at the club, it wasn't the thought of dreaming about Ryan! It was the fact that Thom was mad at her! Just as she came down the stairs she was aware of a figure watching her house from across the street.

 The guy from the club, the barman! 

 His expression was pained, April didn't feel threatened or intimidated at all so she went out to greet him.

 "Hey! Avery right?"
"Y-yes, Avery Rand! I just...wanted to see if you were okay after yesterday's um,incident?"
"I'm April Ward by the way. How did you know where I live?"
"I...have a nose for these things. And I know your name, I have an ear for these things!"

 "Well don't just stand there, come in!"

 Avery looked around April's little home and thought about how her life had been so simple until Nathan came into Abracadavar and staked a vamp right in front of her!
"You want some coffee?" April called to him in a sing-song manner,
"Um, sure...that'd be great!"

 "So, why are you really here? Your boss afraid I'll sue the club or something?"
"My boss?"
"Yeah Matheus? Sarah told me all about him! That's my neighbour, Sarah Cairns? She kinda knows all about him and his...dealings? She's a wicca and a badass one at that!"

 "I genuinely wondered how you were! Nathan Thorne likes to think of himself as a vampire hunter for hire! I just wonder who hired him to hunt down Christopher Steel...if it was a job cuz he likes to go looking for them in his spare time too free of charge, he likes the rush I suppose and this is great coffee by the way!"

 "Thanks Avery! I just bought a new machine, it's top of the range! Or so my brother told me, he gave me the money for my birthday! So this Nathan, why does he have such a downer on vampires?"
"Rumour has it that his parents were killed by vampires about eight years ago and ever since then he's just taken out as many as he can find. He and I do not see eye to eye, he hates me and I...well, I'm not really a fan of his either! Don't get me wrong I feel for him losing both his mother and father at such a young age but..."
"You think he's going the totally wrong way about it?"
"Yes, I do!"

 "Well he's obviously got a lot of anger to channel!"
"April do me a favour? Try and keep away from Nathan, he's reckless and he's going to end up dead like his parents, sooner than he might think!"
"I don't go out anyway, Sarah practically dragged me to the club kicking and screaming, if you look closely, you'll notice my nail marks on the pavement!"
"You're too young to stay cooped up at home, go out in the daytime and enjoy life!"
"What about you? You're young too, I've never seen you around town?"
"I'm older than I look, and I work all the time at the club. No time for fun I'm afraid!"

Avery had stayed all night talking to April, as the sun began to rise their meeting was being watched by Nathan Thorne. He'd come to do the same as Avery and check on April!

 As Avery left he sensed someone behind him, he had heightened senses and could tell if he was being watched or followed...
"Enjoy the show Thorne?"
"Sizing her up are you?"

 "Look Nathan, I don't know what your beef is with me but it's getting real old real quick!"
"Sure you do half breed! You may be able to walk in the sunlight and live without the blood lust but you're still a parasite! You're just as bad as them...so stay away from the girl!"

 "Look I'm not a vampire so quit putting me in the same category! And no I won't stay away from her, it's you that needs to keep your distance! Haven't you freaked her out enough?"

"I ain't playin' Rand! You leave her alone...or I'll kill you!"

 "So child, what is it you want to know?"

 "Do you know if my friend April...gets her happy ever after?"

 "Why you ask me these things child? I can't tell you that! Your instincts are what will guide you young witch!"

 "But the crystal ball may tell you how to obtain the potion you need!"
"I've found the guy, the perfect guy for her...he's a..."
"Hush child! Let the ball speak for us!"

 "You have done very well in finding this...half breed! he is old and wise and...very handsome! He's perfect just as you say but you cannot push this! She must come to him of her own volition!"
"But...what about the potion?"

 "I cannot perform miracles, nor can the crystal ball! You're on the right track! The only problem you have is telling her the truth about the boy who died! Does she need to know about his intentions that night? This is more of a moral dilemma than a supernatural!"

 "Ryan Weston was a creep! She needs to know..."
"Child your heart is in the right place and this is your own little pet project, I told you the coven would back you on it but don't push it understand?"
"Yes...grandma Rowena! It's just the guilt she feels, it comes off of her in waves, her dreams are filled with regrets and I feel her pain every time I take her arm or brush past her..it hurts like hell grandma Rowena!"

 "I have to go and lie down child, the readings take their toll on an old woman like me! Do whatever you feel is best my dear, I have faith in your judgement!"

"Hey! It's me Sarah, what are you doing later?"

 "Mr Caruso? I'm afraid the Thorne brothers made another appearance at the club yesterday! Avery was most unhelpful!
"They were very aptly named don't you think Matheus? Thorns in my side!"
"Yes sir, but Avery...what..."

 "This was your mess Matheus, do not blame the damphyr for your lack of security!"
"*choke* Yes...*cough* sir!"

 Mr Donte Caruso, an enigma and very ancient. Powerful yet weak, Matheus knew very little about his employer, other than he needed Avery Rand around, everything he was asked to do was shrouded in mystery! But when Mr Caruso got angry...

 ...well you didn't want to be on the receiving end!

 " I want you to track down any witnesses, kill them, and silence Avery! He has to be kept sweet Matheus! Displease me again and I will cut off your fingers and feed them to you, understand?"
"*gasp* Yes sir! *cough*"

 As Matheus headed back to the club, Sylas Pickens had been summoned to the master!
"Sylas, my good fellow do me a favour would you?"
"S-sir?"
"Keep a close eye on Matheus..."

"...I don't want him to stray from our path!"

April Ward, Sarah Cairns, Dane and Nathan Thorne, Madison McArthur..."

 "...those are the names, remember them, find them but most importantly..."

"Get rid of them!!!"


3 comments:

  1. Suspense, I love it! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O Wow. Violent, awesome, and superiorely written. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)