Thursday 17 October 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Five

Chapter Five: TGIF!


"I think we should have a Halloween party!" Roxy announced that Friday morning as four of the housemates sat in the living room.
"Really?" Charlotte looked a mix of disgusted and intrigued by this idea, "You mean dressing up? I love dressing up, you know I do."


Charlotte gave Roxy a meaningful blink with her big brown eyes and lowered her voice, "You're still helping me tonight, yes?"
"Of course Char, don't worry Lainie and me will get you sorted!" 

Charlotte's body relaxed and she sighed happily.
"Good good! I want to get this right!" Drew wasn't there, he was busy fixing the coffee machine that someone broke. No one was owning up to  it and things were tense in the house for a brief time.

Drew thought about going Detective Mitchell and finding the culprit, because this was an inconvenience! He had his suit to pick up from the tailors today, this was the last thing he needed. But just as he was rounding up the suspects in his head, a voice made him jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to!"

"You?" He gave Lainie a smirk.
"Yes me, I've been clumsy since the day I was born, I really am sorry!" Drew was no longer annoyed, he felt sorry for her really. She was a sweet girl, Drew really liked her, and the fact that she had helped Charlotte buy a dress for tonight made him all kinds of happy. Although he was a little concerned over Char's choice, she had a wacky fashion sense along with all her other...foibles!

"It's okay, but you will have to pay for my silence!" Lainie's eyes grew wide.
"I thought you were the nice one!" She squeaked.
"I am, which is why I will keep quiet if you go pick up my suit at the little tailors in San Myshuno."
"Ohhhhh..."

Lainie exhaled a sigh of relief and nodded enthusiastically, "...you have a deal!"
"Great, that's a load off my mind. And I'll 'fess up to this, you don't need the wrath of sore headed bear Dexter right now!" It was true that Dex had been grumpy this past week, he'd gone from being on cloud nine to biting everyone's heads off. And no coffee for the past day or two had not helped at all!

"I wish I knew what was up!" Lainie looked genuinely worried. They had gone back to barely speaking after watching the film together on Monday. She was sad about that, she thought they were getting somewhere even if it was just friendship.
"Yeah me too!" Drew mumbled, "I need to go fish out the right fuse for this and if you've seen my drawers you will know that is not an easy task!"

"I'll go and get your suit, I'm off today and I have something I need to get for Charlotte anyway, it's a present to make her smile because she's just so...well you know!" Lainie winked, "I saw it in the window of this little..." Drew started to shout over her.
"Lalalalalalalalalalala! Please don't, I'll blab! I am horrible at keeping secrets!"

"Well, good luck with your fuse hunting. And Drew?" He didn't look up from his pottering.
"Yeah!"
"Tell her you like her?" And now he was blushing.
"Go get my suit, moosh!" He waved a hand at her as she giggled at how bashful he was.

Dexter had picked up his paintbrush for the first time in ages. He'd heard back from CookieGurl and she made some lame excuse about being too busy to meet him right now. He asked her again and she ignored him, talking about music, which would normally distract him, but he was so desperate to meet her that he was like a dog with a bone. But she didn't yield, and now it was Friday and he still hadn't met up with her. Why was she stalling? Was Ash right? Was it a wind up and someone was pretending to be someone they weren't? Like he had a right to judge!

He'd asked for her mobile number, and she willingly gave him it. They had been texting now rather than emailing, he didn't want to bring up the whole meeting face to face thing again but he desperately wanted to know what she looked like. Was she as beautiful on the outside as she was inside? Not that it mattered, he had really hit it off with her, like she was...

...nope! He wasn't going there, saying the S word! And just as he was moping and thrashing his brush across the canvas, there was a knock on his door. Lainie's voice called through the door, "Dexy? It's me!" His heart did a little leap in his chest when she called him that nickname again.
"Come in!" He called back, he didn't want to see anyone, but she was different.

"Hi, I'm going into San Myshuno for a few things. Do you need anything while I'm there?"
"No thanks."
"Do you want to come?" Dexter shot her a surprised look.

"Me, with you?" Lainie looked down at the ground and laughed nervously.
"Yeah you're right it was a stupid idea..."
"Let me just...get changed and I'll meet you in the hall in ten minutes okay?" 

Lainie looked up and smiled. "Sure Dexy, ten minutes." She was planning on finding out what was making him so sad and grumpy. It was causing problems within the band, and if he upset Roxy, that would be the last straw.

As she waited for him to appear, she thought about earlier this morning when Roxy had come to see her. She was really annoyed because Dexter wasn't concentrating and forgetting the words to the songs as they practiced. "I think he's on drugs!" Roxy had nodded to herself.
"No way, something is bothering him that's for sure, but I don't think he's on something!" Lainie had defended him, much to Roxy's annoyance.

"You would find an excuse for that guy if he'd slaughtered a basket full of puppies!" She had huffed.
"No Roxanne I would not! I'd string him up by his testicles and you know it!" That had got her a little giggle. "Seriously though, he seems more hurt and annoyed than stoned." And she had been right.

As he popped out from his room, he looked dreamy. Lainie really was smitten with this bad boy. She hoped that if they went on a trip together that she could help him, she hated seeing him so down. Roxy had told her that she had him all wrong, he wasn't like the boys in school, he really was just trying to be her friend.

"Well?" He looked expectantly at her.
"Huh?"
"We goin' or what?" Lainie smiled and replied,
"With bells on!" That received a chuckle from him and he looked a little happier. "I thought we could try the Spice Festival while we're there, I have some things I'm looking out for."
"Always the foodie huh?" Dex rolled his eyes mockingly.

"Hey!" She furrowed her brow, "Bully!" She stuck her tongue out at him and he laughed again, but this time his whole face lit up.
"Come on freckles, bore me to death with your spicy talk!" That was more like the old Dexter, she was determined to get him talking.

Lainie managed to gather a few unique spices for some curry dishes she planned to try at the restaurant. Meanwhile Dexter looked positively bored to death as he predicted. "Right that's me done, I need to go and pick up Drew's suit and then there's something I want to get for Charlotte, you want to come or just wait here?" The look of horror on his face amused her.


"Don't you leave me here girl! My nostrils are burning enough as it is!"
"You sure you don't want a bite to eat before we go?" Dexter's blank stare was enough of an answer for her.
"Come sit over here with me for a minute." Lainie sat down on a bench and patted the space next to her.
"Freckles, Drew's suit..." He began to protest but she talked over him.
"Can wait! He doesn't need it until tonight, it's only just after 12pm, sit!"

Dexter sat next to her and wondered why she wanted to sit, what had he done this time? "I've noticed that you're a little bit unhappy at the moment, is there anything I can do?" The tender look on her face made him want to just spill his guts right there.
"I'm just a bit..." He trailed off, was this a good idea? He liked her, a lot. But he hardly knew her, what would she think if he told her that he was pretending to be a fan of his own band to talk to another fan? It sounded so wrong in his head!

Lainie looked intently at him, wanting to know exactly what was causing him so much inner turmoil, "What Dexy?"
"I like that, Dexy. It's nice! No one has ever called me that except you..."
"Stop changing the subject and let me help you, believe it or not I do care about you and the other boys just as much as Roxy. I just hate seeing you so down!" Well you were the cause not so long ago, didn't bother you that much then, he thought to himself.

"Well the truth is...I met someone...but it's complicated!" Be vague Dex, be vague. "I don't know where I stand with her, we can talk, like really talk! But I want more, and I'm not sure that she does!" Lainie listened to him, she didn't butt in, she didn't judge. She just listened, and when he'd finished talking, she gave him her input.
"Well Dexy, you need to tell this girl how you really feel! It's the only way you'll know either way. If she wants what you want then that's great, but if she doesn't..."
"Walk away?"

"Well that's up to you, can you live with just being her friend if that's what she wants?" Dexter thought about this for a moment, wasn't that exactly what he was doing with Lainie?
"I suppose I can, yeah." He shrugged.
"Well then, tell her everything. If she's worth it she'll listen, and she'll be honest with you." Like you are, he thought. You're listening, you're honest, you are worth it! Damn he was so confused!

Lainie was still in his heart, so where did that leave CookieGurl? He looked at her, those freckles and that little nose. Her sapphire blue eyes sparkling in the sun. She smelled like spices and that perfume she wore all the time, it was weird but calming at the same time. "Thank you for being a good friend, I hope we're friends because honestly freckles, all I've ever wanted was to spend time with you and just...I never meant to hurt or upset you please believe that! Everything I've done since you came along was done with good intentions I swear!"

"Can we...can we start again? Please?" Lainie smiled sweetly at him and bobbed her head enthusiastically.
"Dexy I would love that!" And I would love to kiss you right now, fuck me am I torn right now! What about CookieGurl?
"Great! Now let's go get Drewski's new threads before he has a coronary!"

"I have to be in the hall, all ready for Andrew by 7pm! That gives us half an hour to get there, and the ceremony starts at 8pm..." Charlotte was babbling away to the girls about her schedule as they helped her with her dress, hair and make-up.
"Relax, you will be ready by 6:59pm, how about that?" Roxy quipped as she applied her make-up.

"I can't believe he asked me!" She exclaimed, was she blind? The bloke was crazy about her, Lainie thought.
"Well he likes you!" Roxy mumbled.
"Yeah he really does Charlotte!" Lainie added, maybe she'd get the hint if they both laid it on thick. "By the way, you picked an amazing dress, it's beautiful!" Charlotte smiled at the thought of the new dress she and the girls had bought during the week.

"Oh yes, it is very pretty. I just don't know if it's me..."
"Stop it, you're wearing it!" Roxy insisted as she applied the finishing touches to her face. 
"Yep you are!" Lainie agreed, "Anyway I have something for you that will go beautifully with it!" Before Charlotte could ask what, Roxy stood back and surveyed her handiwork.
"There! Now hair!"

Drew stood nervously in the hallway waiting for his date, his date! Charlotte Kennedy was his plus one for this awards ceremony that he didn't give a damn about! But he gave a damn about her! "Whatever she is wearing, I will go with it, it's Char! I accept her warts and all!"
"Who are you talking to dude?" Dexter laughed as Ash shoved him for exploiting Drew's nervousness. They were supposed to be there for moral support.
"Myself, and anyone who will listen!" He muttered, "Come on Char, it's..." He looked at his watch and let out a shaky breath, "...6:58pm!"
"Relax Drewski, she'll be here. You've got plenty of time!" Dex reassured him.

And as promised, at 6:59pm, Charlotte appeared in the hall. Drew, who had been muttering away to himself and straightening his suit and bow tie, stopped dead at the sight of her. "Oh my days!" He exclaimed breathlessly.

"Hello Andrew I have a minute to spare, but my you look very handsome in a suit!" Charlotte was wearing blue, how did she know that his shirt was blue? It was fate...

...and not only was she wearing blue, but the dress! She was always beautiful to him but tonight...she was exquisite! "Will I do? Andrew?"

Drew had lost the ability to form words, she was breathtaking! The Maloney brothers were wolf whistling and making sizzling noises as she walked towards him. "Lookin' smokin' hot Char!" Dex called to her.
"Trust you Dexter Maloney!" She chided him.

"No Charlotte, you...wow!" Was all Drew could say. Grinning from ear to ear, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.
"So I will do then?"
"I don't know if I'm worthy!" He licked his lips nervously, his mouth was so very dry.

He took hold of her hands and stared into those brown eyes. "I'm so outta my league here, you're so beautiful!"
"But Andrew..." She looked upset by this, "...you look beautiful too! Do you like my necklace? Lainie got it for me, it's a C for Charlotte!" She was so childlike, in a sexy mama's body!

Drew turned to the door, still holding one of her hands and led her outside to the awaiting taxi. "Come on gorgeous, let's go find us some vol-au-vents!"
"Oh yes please!" She agreed excitedly.

This was unbelievable! He, Doctor Andrew Mitchell, was taking Charlotte Kennedy to eat vol-au-vents in that dress! He couldn't wait to show her off to all his fellow nerd brains. Did she realise how hot she looked? Those two Maloney baloneys certainly did! Hands off she's mine, Drew thought, yeah mine...

...for tonight!

To Be Continued
Drew and Charlotte are off the toe awards ceremony to find some vol-au-vents! Next chapter Ashton confesses his secret to Erin, Roxy is still going on about a Halloween party, and Lainie receives a blast from the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)