Sunday 6 October 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Matthew!

Dexter lay in bed wallowing as usual. He fully intended to seek out that cute little freckly Lainie and talk to her after the show...

...but he bottled it!

She was standing with Roxy and Charlotte as Drew and Ash were packing up, he was watching her laugh and smile...and glow! She really was adorable, she was so sexy in that cute little dress that she was wearing and that just made him think of how sexy she was in her next to nothings too. Dex had it bad, and he had to show her that he wasn't bad!

He marched right up to the girls, staring intently at his freckles, he smiled broadly, ignoring crazy Selena waiting for him, and was about to speak when he totally lost it, it was like he froze...

...on the spot! Roxy noticed him and called him over, but he simply muttered, "Come on girls, it's late! Let's head home yeah?" Head down, he stalked outside to wait for everyone as Selena tried to get his attention, what a loser!

He'd hardly slept a wink last night, so he decided coffee would be a good idea. He wandered through the hall towards the kitchen when he heard a familiar voice calling him from the living room, Charlotte. He just waved a hello at her and kept on walking. "Dexter Maloney?" He could hear her calling melodically at him, but still he kept going.

He wasn't even looking where he was going when he turned into the kitchen and bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry!" They both mumbled at the same time, and four blue eyes met. 
"Oh!" Lainie exclaimed, "Hi..." She stammered as her cheeks glowed as red as Dexter's felt.

"Hi fr...Lainie!" He screwed his eyes shut and muttered a damn it under his breath, he so wanted to call her freckles but she'd freak, he just knew she would. She ignored his blunder and smiled shyly.
"You were really good last night. Here's hoping you get more bookings and keep Roxy smiling like the Joker, I swear she's on cloud nine..." She trailed off and giggled bashfully as Dexter's heart was pounding harder than Ashton's drum solo.

"Thanks, yeah that would be good!" That would be good? Are you totally stupid? Ask her how she is, see if she wants to go out for a drink, do something!!!
"Anyway..." Lainie finally broke the brief silence, "...work!" She smiled and headed out to the hallway.
"Right, have a good day!" Have a good day? What is wrong with you? Can't you human? Have a good day?

Dexter rolled his eyes at himself and let out a long, agonising sigh. He was totally crashing and burning with this girl and he could not understand why. As he was cursing himself for being such a div there was a knock at the door.

A young man, in his 30's, stood grinning at him. "Hi, room to let?"
"Uhhhhh yeah!" Dexter shook his head clear and beckoned him inside.

"Cool place, I'm Matthew, Matthew Hayes. I need a place to crash for a month or two...maybe more!" His eyes wandered all over the hallway, "So is it still available?" Dexter stared off into the distance as the young man waved a hand over his face, "Hellooooo?"
"Oh, yeah! Yeah it's right down there!" Dexter pointed towards the room. "So rent is due first of every month, we share a bathroom and kitchen and living room..." Just as he said living room, the young man wolf whistled and let out a throaty chuckle.

Roxy came striding towards them with a look of determination. "Maloney what have you done now?" Matthew snapped his fingers and groaned for effect.
"Man you are in trouble, she's a fiery little thang, ouch!"

"Who the fuck are you? What do you contribute to this conversation?" She spat at the stranger.
"Much needed sarcasm and comic timing?" He grinned cheekily at her as she grunted and ignored him.
"Maloney, she's really down again! What did you say?"
"I..." He'd upset his freckles, again! That was the last thing from his mind.

"I..." He said again as both Roxy and this Matthew Hayes stared him down waiting for his defense. One looking amused, the other looking like she wanted to skewer him on the spot.
"Well? What have you got to say for yourself my good man?" Matthew mocked as Roxy shot daggers in his direction with her green eyes. "Whoa, just...just tryin' to help!" He shot his hands up at her as she turned her attention back to Dexter.

"I messed up, again! I'm a total drooling mess when she's around I can't help it. I wish I could talk to her I really do, but she's so...and I'm...ugh it's no use! The room's yours my friend, feel free to...whatever!" Dexter hunched his shoulders and shuffled back into his room, no coffee and no further forward with his freckles.

"Hey, I'm Matthew and I..."
"Don't even care!" Roxy cut him off and left him standing alone in the hall.

"Welcome housemate my name is hot chick and I will murder you with my gorgeous green eyes and sharp tongue!" Matthew laughed softly, "My my you're a sexy little warrior aren't you!" And another boy was bitten with the love bug, only this boy was determined to get the girl!

Lainie arrived back from the fast food restaurant feeling tired and weary. She'd thought about how Dexter was behaving towards her again, after singing to her with such emotion and meaning, it just made her feel so confused and hurt. She knew deep down that she wasn't even in his league so why would he look at her in that way? He was just her housemate, nothing more. He probably had a different girl for every day of the week, why would she be so special? "Hi there!" A manly voice greeted her, one she hadn't heard before.

"I'm Matthew, Matthew Hayes and I am your new housemate."
"Oh, right! Hi Matthew I'm Lainie, nice to meet you. So, is it a long term rent or..."
"I'm still in two minds about that, depends on how long my business takes. A few weeks or a few months, who knows. So Lainie, who's the feisty crumpet with the glasses? I like her!"

"Oh that's Roxanne, my best friend. We moved in here because she joined the boys' band, she didn't want to leave me in our old flat so she asked if I could come with her. Thank goodness she did because there is no way I would be able to keep up with the rent by myself."

"That was very kind of her to bring you along..." Matthew trailed off, not so stone cold after all, he thought.
"Well we look out for each other, I got her a job as a waitress at the restaurant I work at so I suppose we both give and take."

"She's in a band, she's hot and sexy, she has a sweet and kind heart underneath all that Xena warrior princess bravado, yep my kinda girl!" Matthew nodded, talking to himself as if Lainie wasn't there.
"Anyway, I've had a hard day so...nice to meet you Matthew."

Lainie stood in her room feeling even more exhausted after that confusing conversation when something on her wall caught her eye, "What...is...that?"

"You were in my room!" Lainie's voice was tired and irritated as Dexter was scared to turn around.
"Ummm..."
"Maloney what the actual fuck..." Roxy started but Lainie didn't let her finish.
"Do you not understand the meaning of privacy? First you barge into my personal space when I'm in my underwear..." As Lainie ranted she heard Drew let out a guffaw and a high pitched what at these revelations, "...and now you hang some...hideous painting on my wall while I'm at work?"

Dexter felt like she'd kicked him in the stomach, hideous? He painted it just for her! "Excuse me?" He breathed, staggering back as if she really had struck a blow to his body.
"Did you go rifling through my drawers while you were there? Or are you just level one personal space invader?" Silence engulfed the practice room as Dexter could hardly catch his breath, what was this pain? What was this excruciating ache in his chest?

As he just stood there, everyone waiting for his defence, Lainie let out an exasperated shriek and stormed out of the room but not before one last parting word directed at him, "FREAK!" She screamed, and slammed the door.

There was still utter silence, awkward silence, or was it pitiful silence? Dexter did not want his brother's pity, or his best friend's, and he most definitely did not want Roxy's wrath.

He followed Lainie, a desperate tone in his voice as he called to her before she disappeared into her room, "Wait, Evelyn!" She stopped dead at the sound of her Christian name.
"Don't you dare!" She seethed.
"Lainie..." She heard his footsteps on the floor, she did not want to face him, she was ready to scratch his eyes out, but his broken expression stopped her in her tracks as he stood in front of her.

"What Dexter?" Dex felt his heart leap at the sound of his name rolling out of her beautiful mouth, it was the first time she'd ever called him by his actual name.
"I'm sorry..." He saw her expression soften a little, "...I'm a total..."
"Clackwanker?" She filled in his sentence and it made him want to laugh, but this conversation wasn't funny...it was not funny at all!

"You have this effect on me, I just make a total fool of myself when I'm around you and it frustrates the hell outta me!" She raised her eyebrows at him as if he was an idiot. "Freckles I..."
"WHAT did you call me?" Oh shit!
"I called you Freckles because...well it's cute like you!"
"Fuck you Dexter, stay away from me I'm sick of you taking the piss out of me. I had enough of you pretty fuck boys in high school thinking it would be funny to humiliate me in the playground, I don't need it as an adult. You go your way, I go mine, understood?"

"I..." Dexter's heart ached even more, so much more that he could barely stand the pain.
"Just don't even talk to me!" She hissed and flounced into her room.

"No..." Dexter whispered, the pain searing through his entire body but centred at his heart. He'd made that painting just for her, he thought she'd like it, but instead she never wanted to speak to him again? "...Evelyn!"

A few days had passed since Lainie and Dexter's spat, and the atmosphere was tense. He watched as she finally went out on that much talked about date with Rob Kennedy, Charlotte's weirdo twin brother.

And he watched as she complained to Roxy about how awful the date was and how he'd stomped on her foot while they were dancing. Dexter stifled a laugh at that revelation, secretly glad that their relationship was a non starter. Still, she ignored him, and that ever present aching in his heart burned the whole time. Charlotte observed from afar, feeling frustrated that her plan had failed. 

Still she was determined to bring those two together, while Drew was building the courage to confess to her how he felt and ask her to accompany him to the Inventor of the Year ceremony.

Ash continued to see Erin on the sly, falling deeper and deeper into her amber eyes. Yes he was in trouble, as she gazed lovingly at him and called him her hunky drummer boy. 

"I'm not a boy Erin, and that's the problem..."
"Ash, shut up and stop with this whole older and wiser attitude. We are equals, regardless of age, I wish you would see me as a woman and not some groupie girl you're keeping as a dirty little secret!"
"That's not..."

"Ash, tell your brother about us or we're not going to last!"
"What's that supposed to mean?" Ash felt anger rise up in his gut as Erin put him on the spot, but he was also scared she was going to dump him.
"I'm not a stupid little girl Ashton, so don't treat me like one...or I'm gone!"

Erin left him standing alone, and totally lost. He was extremely fond of her, he even thought he might be in love with her. But still he couldn't bring himself to be open about their relationship despite being very bold and handsy with her after their gig the night before...

...and it may have cost him dearly.

Dex sat in front of his computer about to lurk in the forum on their band's website. He liked to read what people were saying about Sweet Cacophony and how hot he and the others were. It boosted his self esteem while Lainie was popping his confidence bubbles with a pin.

As he scrolled through the usual comments, the usual names came up, SelenaxDexter4Eva was on rambling away as usual to DaleyDoseofAshton. Dexter sighed with frustration, Selena was a special kind of crazy and it annoyed and worried him at the same time. Then a name he had never seen before popped up, CookieGurl, she was talking about how talented Dex was.

Dexter was ashamed to say that he sometimes commented in the forums pretending to be a fan too, his name was Born2Rok, cheesy but made up in the spur of the moment when Selena was spreading some ridiculous rumour about him and he wanted to give her a piece of his mind. 

But it had come in handy after that on several other occasions, this being one of them. As CookieGurl was making his head swell with her compliments on his song writing.

He began to type a hello to CookieGurl, just out of curiosity. A little chat and banter wouldn't hurt, would it?

To Be Continued...

Next chapter, Dexter has embarked on an online "friendship" with CookieGurl. Who is she? What does this mean for him and Lainie? Is his pursuit of her over? Next chapter! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)