Tuesday 22 October 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Loose Ends!


It was well after midnight when Drew and Charlotte returned home from the awards ceremony. There were indeed vol-au-vents, salmon ones, Charlotte's favourite. Drew couldn't eat, he couldn't concentrate, he'd never seen Charlotte look so beautiful.

"Well thank you for a positively lovely evening Andrew! I had so much fun, and your colleagues from the university are...odd...but very polite!" Drew laughed goofily, he couldn't believe he'd taken Charlotte Kennedy on a date!
"Yeah they're academics, they're some of the most intelligent people on this planet..."

"...but yeah they're odd! Like me I suppose!" He shrugged, as Charlotte shook her head.
"No Andrew, you're different. You were the most handsome and interesting person there! I think you are the most unique of all, you're a beautiful and clever man!"

She wrinkled her nose and shook her head again, "I'm afraid to say that your peers are clever but, well, they won't be making the Sexy Scientist calendar next year!" Drew's cheeks hurt from smiling so much, she just came out with things, it was adorable!
"There's no such thing Char!" He chuckled and gripped her hand tenderly.
"Well there should be!" She argued, "And you should be all 12 months!"

Suddenly she turned all shy and began swaying from side to side, "Would you like to come into my room Andrew?"
"I..." What do I say? Knowing Char it'll be to stroke her cats or something, Drew was left speechless for a moment.
"I have very much enjoyed your company and I'm not ready for sleep, you can tell me all about this pet hibernator you invented?"

"Pet hygienator Char, haha!" He laughed, "Well okay, but stop me if you get bored!"
"Oh I never get bored when you talk Andrew, or should I call you Doctor Mitchell? Are you a medical Doctor?"
"Well actually yes, but that's a whole other story..."

As they walked into her room and he was babbling, she butted in, "Well Andrew, that will be the next story after your pet...thingy!" Charlotte was genuinely interested in Drew, she loved talking to him and she found him fascinating. A Doctor who invents things and plays guitar in a band. 

He had already started to explain how he got the idea of his pet hygienator before he had even sat down, waving his arms about and talking excitedly. Charlotte smiled to herself, she could listen to him all day...or night as the case may be!


The next day, Roxy still had the bit between her teeth about this Halloween party and was pestering Ash about it this time. "No!" Was all he replied.
"But..."
"No! I am the eldest and I say no!" Roxy pouted at him as Matthew pitched in.

"Aww come on Ashton, look at that little face! How can you say no to that?"
"Thank you for your unwanted input..." Roxy began, as he raised a finger to silence her.
"Matthew, my name is Matthew, remember it for you will be screaming it in ecstasy in the very near future!" Matthew winked, as Roxy rolled her eyes and made a gagging sound.
"In your dreams Wall Street boy!"

"Excuse me, when you two have quite finished your mating dance, read my lips...no, nu-uh, over my dead body! Halloween is...tacky!"
"HOW can you SAY THAT???" Dexter gasped and put a hand to his chest.
"Because it's true, now get over it!"


"Well I suggest we have a vote!" Matthew, still gazing at Roxy with lust in his eyes, actually made a useful suggestion.
"Yeah! Okay pass it around, house meeting in half an hour in the living room!" Dexter announced, as Ash looked pissed off.
"No one ever listens to me or takes me seriously!" He moaned, "I am the oldest, show me some respect!"


"Dear brother, this is adulthood, not primary school! Now be prepared to be outvoted!" Dexter grinned and grabbed a cup of coffee.
"Pfft, I'll be out that night then!" Ash had already given in.


"Fine, more fun that way you STICK IN THE MUD!!!" Dexter shouted after his brother as he shuffled out of the room defeated. "Seriously he was born an old man!" He chortled, as Matthew was still eyeing up Roxy. "You guys get a room!" Dexter grumbled and left them alone.


"Well if looks could kill, you'd be in jail right now hot stuff!" Matthew winked at her as she scowled back at him.
"Listen bub, you're cute but not enough to save you from castration! So back off!" Ouch! Yeah she would need to try harder to get rid of him, her sharp tongue only made him want her more.


That afternoon the housemates were all gathered in the living room for the Halloween party vote. Ash was indeed outnumbered 6 to 1, the others were really quite excited about it. Each of them could invite up to five people, and Dex already knew one girl in particular that he wanted to invite.

He texted her that night and asked her.

He waited an agonising 7 minutes until she replied, and it was a no of course! He wasn't giving up though and after their sweet conversation last night, he repeated his sentiments. Finally she agreed to try and get out of the party she had already committed to, and he was very much looking forward to seeing her.


He'd taken Lainie's advice and confessed exactly how he felt to her. He was relieved that she felt the same, and they texted back and forth all night. Dex didn't get up until noon he was so tired, but happy, so very happy.


She had to go somewhere so their conversation was cut short, but Dexter was feeling a lot better now that he'd asked her to come and she hadn't flat out refused. How was he going to know who she was though? That gave him an idea, a corny and cheesy one, but a good idea!

After losing the vote a few hours earlier, Ash met up with Erin for the "conversation" he was dreading. It was time to tell her why he was so afraid of commitment. As they sat in the extremely quiet coffee shop together, he took a long breath and just went in, "Erin, this is very hard for me, but because I want you to understand how serious I am about you, I'm going to rake up some painful memories from my past just to prove how much I l-like you!"


Erin sat patiently waiting for this explanation, as Ash cleared his throat and looked anywhere but at her. "16 years ago, I was engaged. Her name was Melissa and I met her through my work, she got into a little trouble at the beach and I was the lifeguard on duty that helped her out. We hit it off and started seeing each other..." He paused for a breath as Erin's heart ached at the thought of Ash seeing someone else, even if it was when she was 5 years old.


"...when she agreed to marry me I was so shocked! We were young, she was a little older than I was, 22, she used to call me her toyboy even though there was only 2 years between us..."


"...so the day came, Dex was my best man, all my friends and family were there. It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life but..." Erin looked intently at her hunky drummer boy, he looked so sad and broken.
"Ash you don't have to..." She mumbled, but he raised his hand and shook his head, breathing heavily as if every breath was painful.
"No Erin you need to know!"


"She jilted me, by text message. I was standing at the altar with my brother and a minister, my parents sitting beaming with pride over their first born getting married..."


"...and she never showed! I can't do this, she texted, so sorry Ash and two kisses...two motherfucking kisses!" His eyes glistened with tears as Erin wanted to hug him. She felt awful, pushing him the way she had, and all along...


"Ashton, I would NEVER do ANYTHING like that to you, please believe me I love you!" She gazed lovingly at him, she didn't care that it slipped out, that she loved him, all she wanted was for him to stop hurting and feel her love for him.


"Erin, you don't love me..."
"How dare you!" She cut him off, "How dare you tell me how I feel as if I'm some stupid child who...Ash I am in love with you and I'm sorry if that scares you but it is what it is!"


"You can't help who you fall in love with!" She murmured, as he nodded in agreement.
"Ain't that the truth! I want you to love me Erin, I really do. Because God knows I l-like, really like...you! That's why I'm so scared, after Melissa..."
"Hey I'm not Melissa, and I'm sorry I pressured you into telling everyone about us. But some day you will have to tell Dexter, because sneaking around is no fun."


As they finished their coffees and headed outside, Ash nudged her playfully, "It is a little fun...isn't it?" She wrinkled her nose at him and shook her head, then nodded, it was a little fun he was right. "Anyway, there's a party at my place in a couple of weeks. Roxy wants the whole Halloween dress-up shindig!" He rolled his eyes like a disapproving old man and Erin laughed.


"Are you asking me to be your date to your party Ashton?" She winked at him, and he smiled bashfully, taking hold of her hand.
"Yeah, wanna come?"
"I would love to!" She beamed, as they both grinned and giggled like silly teenagers.


Lainie was doing the laundry on Sunday morning, it was her turn, something she hated doing but everyone had to do their share of housework since the girls moved in because Charlotte was doing it all before. Drew startled her as he stood in the doorway and quipped, "You knew didn't you?"


"Oh Drew, don't do that! Whistle or something next time?"
"Sorry!" He put his head down for a moment like a scolded child, then looked back up at her, "But you knew though..."


"Knew what?" She blinked and shook her head in confusion.
"That I liked blue!"
"I don't know what you're talking about..." She smirked sheepishly.
"Charlotte told me, you pushed her to pick something blue to wear! How did you know?" Lainie sighed happily and stared deeply into his chocolate brown eyes.


"Every time you guys practice, you insist on the blue plectrum. Whenever you make something, there is a hint of blue somewhere. You just seem to favour that colour over all the others..." She shrugged as if it was so obvious, "...I figured you'd like Charlotte in blue! No biggie!"
"No biggie? Lainie you made my whole night...no...my whole life!"


"Aw come on don't be so dramatic!" Her cheeks grew hot and she couldn't look at him, she was a bit shy when people praised her.
"No, it's true! You know how I feel about her, you know..."
"I know!" Lainie nodded as Drew struggled to continue and swallowed down the lump in his throat.


"You're a wonderful human being Evelyn Robertson, no wonder Dex likes you so much!" He chuckled, as Lainie's heart began to twinge at the mere mention of Dexter Maloney.
"Oh I don't know that he does!" A nervous laugh erupted from her as she wanted so badly not to have this conversation for fear of letting slip that she had a major crush on Drew's best friend, not to mention the chat they had at the spice festival which he swore her to secrecy over.
"That and you're so pretty when you blush, why don't you give him a chance eh?"


"We're friends Drew, there's nothing else to it!" Yes he had someone else in mind and it wasn't her!
"Bollocks, you're both crazy about each other! You should totally be a thing!" If only, she thought.

"That's...not going to happen!"
"Why not? He's single, you're single right?" Lainie thought for a moment, technically yes she was but...


...technically Dexter wasn't! "I...I'm keeping my options open!" She stammered, and headed back to her room, done with this awkward topic.
"Well he is an option, okay he's a bit of a dick sometimes but he's loyal and kind and devoted..."
"Maybe you should go out with him then!" Lainie retorted over her shoulder.


"Me? I'm taken!" Drew exclaimed proudly, "And I'm straight!".
"Bye Drew!" She called to him, and disappeared into her room.
"Yeah I'm taken!" Drew repeated quietly, hoping Charlotte felt the same way. Thinking about being with her made him smile, it warmed his heart and soul, he was in love. He knew that now, this was love!


Lainie sat in her room trying to get her breath back, talking about Dexter like that just drove her crazy, talking about something she could never have. "He's single, you're single right?", Drew's words swam around in her head. Define single, she thought.


On Thursday evening just before closing, she got a surprise at work. A happy surprise, but it really made her think. He walked into the restaurant looking exactly the same as he did when he walked out of her life over 10 years ago. His smile remained the same, his eyes were still dreamy, and he was still so very handsome!


Alex Wilder, walked back into her life with a grin and a wink, just when her life couldn't get any more confusing or complicated. "Hey Lainie! Long time no see! You have not changed a bit!" Took the words right out of my mouth, she thought.
"Alex! What are you doing here?" She had squeaked and hugged him instinctively, as Roxy looked on with a scowl. She never liked him, and Lainie never understood why.


As they sat down at a table to talk, Alex told her all about his adventures and how he just didn't feel complete. So he tracked her down in Newcrest and here he was. "I've been thinking about you a lot lately, and I...well I should never have gone on that gap year! I should have stayed and made our relationship work! Lainie, I have missed you so much!"


Lainie loved Alex, he was her first love and her first...everything. They met at university and she really could see herself marrying him and having a family. But one day during their final year, he announced he was dropping out and going on a gap year to Selvadorado. Lainie had always pined for Alex, right up until she laid eyes on the dreamy Dexter Maloney!


She had been so overwhelmed to see him that she had exchanged numbers with him and they'd agreed to go out some time. Yes, her life, and heart, could not get more complicated...


...or could they?

To Be Continued...
So Alex has come back into Lainie's life, Roxy has never liked him but Lainie has always adored him. What is actually going on there? Next chapter it's the Halloween party and Dex is looking forward to finally meeting his CookieGurl! What could possibly go wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)