Tuesday 3 December 2019

Love Drunk Sims 4 Style: Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Best Served Cold

Ever since Charlotte had agreed to accompany him to his awards ceremony, Drew had been on cloud nine. She was interested in his work, in his life and basically in him all round. But still he was feeling incomplete, he didn't know whether to call her his girlfriend, he didn't know what this actually was.

Charlotte was so fluttery that Drew was scared to even ask, he just went with the flow. But oh how he wanted to kiss her, touch her the way boyfriends touched their girlfriends...

...but how to broach this subject?

While Drew was in a quandary, his best friend was having similar problems, only the object of Dexter's affection was seeing someone else! He had hidden away in his room all day trying to avoid Lainie and her hideous boyfriend. Or was Alex her boyfriend? What was going on? One thing was for sure, he needed to know what happened last night and how he ended up in her room...and on her bed! Just as he was moping around in the practice room thinking this, someone opened the door carefully and walked in. "Hi! I thought you might be in here!" It was Drew.

"Hey, what's up?" Dexter put on a brave face for his best friend, he looked deep in thought, and when Drew was deep in thought and came looking for you, it was important.
"I need the advice of Lothario Maloney..."
"Hey!" Dexter feigned disgust at the title.

"Well you know what I mean, you know your way around...relationship...stuff, and I was wondering if you could help me?" He looked so nervous, Dexter wondered if he was going to propose to Charlotte, things seemed to be going really well between them so how could Dex help with that? He was a loser in love at the moment! But he put that aside for the sake of his best friend.
"I am here for you my friend, what's the problem?"
"This is kinda embarrassing...I have no idea how to define my situation with Char and I wondered if you did!"

Dexter looked wide eyed at Drew and gave him the eyebrow, "How would I know? It's your relationship, what...I'm confused!" He shook his head.
"Well so am I! Dex I've never been in a serious relationship before and I don't know what to expect! I don't know what she expects from me, does that make sense?" Dexter sighed and patted his shoulder.
"All I can tell you is that you two are just made for each other! The only way you will ever know is to ask Char herself, she will put you straight." Drew nodded reluctantly, knowing what Dexter was saying made sense.

"When she does tell you, everything will become clear and you can get on with your life. I envy you pal, I really do!" Drew could see that Lainie was never far from Dexter's mind. He also could see that Alex was still in the picture, he noticed him taking Lainie out this morning and she was yet to return.

"Dex, I think it's about time you told her how you truly feel!" Dexter's cheeks flushed at the thought of opening his heart.
"Drewski I can't! She's with that horrible Alex guy now. How can I possibly...and then there's last night..." Drew held his hands up and broke Dexter off.
"Whoa whoa whoa, last night? What.Did.You.Do.Last.Night?" He was dreading the answer.

Dexter shrugged and replied, "That's the thing, I dunno! I woke up with the mother of all hangovers in Lainie's room on her bed!" At the look of shock on Drew's face he quickly added, "Fully clothed on top of the covers! She was in her nightie fast asleep next to me I...must have got drunk and went to her room, I can't even begin to imagine what I said or did because drunk me is a hundred times worse than sober, normal me!"
"Dex?" Drew smirked, "There is no such thing as normal you!"

After a long and meaningful talk with Drew, Dexter decided to take his own advice and ask Lainie what happened last night. He'd heard her adorable laugh in the hallway while he watched some weird sci-fi show in the living room. He switched it off and listened for Alex leaving...

...then he headed for her room, but to his surprise she was standing outside her door looking so sad, it made him want to wrap his arms around her and make whatever was making her look like this go away. "Freckles?" She jumped at the sound of his voice, then put on an unconvincing smile for him.

"Hi Dexy! You feeling better now?"
"Uh, yeah, actually that's what I wanted to talk about..."
"Oh don't worry, we all say weird things when we're drunk. Honestly it's no big deal!" She shrugged and looked at the ground, the walls, anything but him!
"Freckles, if I crossed a line you have to tell me, because I don't remember anything. Please tell me we're still good, I'd hate to have hurt you in any way..."
"No you didn't!" She insisted.
"Then please, at least tell me I was a gentleman?" Lainie's mouth broke into a broad smile that definitely reached her eyes.

"Dexter Maloney you were the perfect gentleman and trust me I can't say that for every man that went to bed with me." Dexter blushed, yeah he did go to bed with her, it sure looked that way.
"Freckles, will you tell me what happened? Please?" he was pleading a lot with her, was that bad?

Lainie sighed and closed her eyes, "You knocked on my door very late, you were well oiled, when I answered you fell into my room and we sat on the floor for a minute while you got quite emotional...about..." She paused then looked at him with sad eyes, "...about Selena!" Ahhhh! Ohhhhh!
"I had sex with her!" He blurted out, but before he could elaborate she nodded and replied,
"I know!" So quietly that it was barely audible.

"I was drunk, again...but that's no excuse!"
"Dexy, you made a silly mistake but I think you're taking it badly and it's something you feel deep remorse over. You asked me last night if I could forgive you, but I don't think I'm the one who needs to forgive you..." Dexter nodded and finished her sentence,
"It's Selena, yeah I know I owe her that..."
"Oh God no! Lainie cut in, "She's a psycho who used your low tolerance for alcohol to get her rocks off, no! I was going to say you need to forgive yourself!"

Dexter instinctively hugged Lainie, he held her as tightly as he could and breathed in that gorgeous perfume of hers. They stood there for a long, blissful moment. Finally, unable to take it any more, he asked her, "So how did we end up on the bed?" He could feel her laughing inside his embrace.
"I managed to coax you to lie down, then you fell asleep and I did too, end of story." Phew! At least he didn't try it on with her! Then another question popped into his head,
"What is that perfume you're wearing? It's driving me crazy"

He waited for her answer as they still stood wrapped in the same hug, having never moved, finally she told him, "Kylie Minogue, Darling!"
"Oh well thanks for telling me, sweetheart!" Dexter felt Lainie shaking with laughter again as he was still confused over her calling him darling.
"No you silly boy, that's the name of it! Darling by Kylie Minogue!" Dexter laughed along with her, feeling slightly embarrassed but so very happy at the same time, this just felt so right. Alex had to go, he was not right!

No Alex was not feeling right at all, as he watched through the glass panel of the door, he saw that glorified painter with his hands all over his girl! He wanted to kill him right there, fucking rock star wannabe! Who the hell did he think he was? Trying to steal his woman again! He needed to be taught a lesson, don't touch what doesn't belong to you, and Alex was going to be the one to teach him that lesson!

It was Monday morning. Dexter, Ashton, Drew and Roxy all sat outside Edward Gryffin's office, waiting to find out if he was going to take the band on. Their first contract, recording their songs and selling albums, tours, merchandise...Dexter felt sick! It was everything he'd ever dreamed of and he was so nervous! When the secretary called them in, his legs were like jelly, this was it...

Lainie, Matthew, Charlotte and Erin all sat in the living room in silence. They were just as nervous waiting to find out if Sweet Cacophony were going to seal that 3 album deal. Their appointment was at 9:30am, it was now after 11am and still no word from any of the band! Suddenly there was a knock on the door and they all jumped. "I'll go!" Lainie stood up to answer it.

A woman in her sixties stood at the door, staring at Lainie with Dexter's eyes. She had his smile too, was she his mother? Dexter talked a lot about her, he was a real mama's boy! "Hello?" Lainie smiled back at her as she blinked and nodded as if she was coming to some sort of realisation.
"Hello, you must be Lainie! I'm Avril, Ashton and Dexter's mum, are they back yet? They promised to phone me but I haven't heard anything. Have you?"

Lainie shook her head sadly, "No Mrs Maloney we haven't, we're so nervous! It's been over two hours!"
"Sweetie, Mrs Maloney was my mother-in-law, please call me Avril!" Lainie felt her cheeks grow hot, Dexter was so like his mother it was weird.
"Sorry, Avril. It's nice to finally meet you by the way, Dexy talks about you all the time!" Avril stared at her even more intensely than before and a small smirk appeared on her lips,
"Likewise!" Was all she answered, and it kind of unnerved Lainie.

Avril joined the rest of the nervous group in the living room waiting for news. It wasn't until around noon that Roxy and the boys arrived home. It was hard to tell how they were feeling as they stood in the hall in silence. Avril finally demanded, "Well?" Dexter looked so shocked, the others too. Finally he answered his mother.
"We got it!"

The two groups became one as Avril hugged both of her boys, Charlotte wrapped her arms around Drew, Matthew and Roxy did an awkward hand holding thing while grinning goofily at each other...

...then Ashton and Erin kissed, in front of everyone, they were passionately kissing while everyone stared in disbelief...except Lainie, she knew there was something between them, she seemed to be the only one who ever noticed.

When they finally broke free Ashton muttered, "Oh shit!" as Erin giggled,
"It's out now hunky drummer boy!" Ash took her hand and turned to face the crowd.

"Okay, well, guys! Erin and I have been seeing each other for a while now and um, yeah she's my girlfriend so..." Ash was met with murmurs of approval and pats on the back, Erin with hugs from the girls...

...while Dexter merely stood as still as a statue. This news had hit him hard, now he really was the only one who had nobody! Avril stood beside her son, "She's a bit young for him." She said quietly, Dex really hadn't noticed, all he had noticed was how happy everyone was and how miserable he was.
"Well I screwed her friend so I can't really judge!" Avril looked at Dexter in shock.
"Please, a mother does not need to know these things!"

"I'm sorry mum, I'm just...he's happy that's all that matters, look at him!"
"What about Lainie?" This question caught Dexter off guard.
"What about her?"
"She looks a little lonely there, why don't you keep her company while everyone else is all paired up?" Dexter sighed and looked over at his little freckly blonde.
"Mum she's got a boyfriend, a complete bastard of a boyfriend who is not the white knight she thinks he is!"

Avril gave her second born one of her stares, "Then show her a real white knight, get on your horse and sweep her off her feet!" She kissed him swiftly on the cheek and headed for the door, "I'm off now sweetheart, dinner tomorrow at home. Tell Ash to bring his little girlfriend and you bring Lainie, no arguments!" Before she left, she called to the band, "Roxy, boys, I'm so very proud of you all. Bye for now!" The whole gang in unison called,
"Bye Mrs Maloney!" and she was gone. Leaving Dexter feeling annoyed and wanting.

Wanting Lainie, annoyed he couldn't bring her home to his mum's because she was with Alex. Then it hit him, he didn't care, they were housemates and friends, where was the harm in her accompanying him? Fuck Alex, he was going to ask her! When he approached her she smiled sweetly at him and his heart skipped a beat, "Hey!"
"Hey Dexy, I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to buy your debut album!"
"Oh please, friends get a free copy!"

"Listen, freckles, my mum has invited you and Erin over for dinner tomorrow night. I think it's so I have someone to talk to while Ash is all loved up, so what do you say, will you come?" Lainie nodded and took his hand.
"Yes Dexy, I would love to come!" That was easy, yeah Alex fuck you!

The following night, Dexter was fussing over what to wear for this dinner. Yes it was only dinner at his mum's house, but Lainie was going to be there! He needed to look, and smell, good! Ashton came barging into his room without knocking thinking that saying "Knock knock little bro!" was an appropriate substitute.
"Do you mind?" Dexter barked as he was making his head hurt over the choice of shoes to wear.

Ash screwed up his nose and eyes, "Wow! Who drowned in the cologne?"
"Is it too much?" Dexter looked panicked, Ash nodded slowly and pinched his nose with his fingers briefly for effect.
"Shit! I'm trying to just be casual. But this is my one and only chance to pry Lainie from the evil hands of Alex the dickhead!"
"Dex? Just relax, be yourself and enjoy her company. She has a boyfriend and yet she agreed to go for dinner with you! I'd say you're well in there already, so chill bro!" Ash was right, she had agreed to come even though she was with Alex. That made him feel a little better, as he just grabbed the first pair of shoes that came to hand.

As they sat at the table ready to eat, Avril spent a short while getting to know Erin, but even longer talking with Lainie. She knew how important this young woman was to her youngest son and if she could help him win her heart, she would. However she noticed that her heart already belonged to him, so why was she with another man and not Dexter? 

"So Lainie, next time you should cook for us, Dexter tells me you're pretty good!" Avril winked at him as he blushed.
"Well she is a trained chef mum!" He rolled his eyes at her as she laughed softly.

"I'd love to!" Lainie beamed, as Dexter fought the urge to squeeze her hand. "We should really have a proper celebration, for the record deal and of course Dexy's gallery gig!" Avril looked at her son with a mix of a frown and wide eyes.
"Dexter, you never told me!"

"I was going to but...I got kinda drunk the other night and..." Lainie could see he was struggling for an excuse and helped him out.
"Yes he did, I had to put him to bed he was pretty much comatose!" 

Thank you freckles, Dexter smiled at her and this time he did squeeze her hand under the table as she looked over at him, and to his surprise...she squeezed him back.

As the foursome headed home, Alex watched from afar. Lainie had told him she had one of her headaches and wasn't up to spending the evening with him, but clearly that was a lie! That painter had his arm around her and they were laughing! Son of a bitch, oh he was going to pay for this...

Dexter was on cloud nine the next day, not only had he spent the evening with his lovely freckly CookieGurl, but it looked like Lainie was a hit with his mother too. As he headed up the stairs to the gallery, he was excited. Mr King, the owner, had asked him to come over early to plan where his work was going to be displayed. Life was getting good! All he needed now was for Lainie to dump Alex and he would be complete!

Weirdly enough, speaking of Alex, he appeared at the top of the stairs with an evil smirk on his face, "Hey! Pretty painter boy!"
"Um, are you talking to me?" Dexter raised an eyebrow at him as he ascended the steps slowly.
"Yeah, I know what you're up to and it's not gonna work!"

Dexter reached the top where Alex was standing and gave him a nonplussed shrug, "I have no idea what you're talking about...mate!" Using his own turn of phrase on him seemed to be a bad move as his face was twisted with rage...

...suddenly he pushed Dexter, hard! "You will never touch her AGAIN!!!" Alex shouted in his face as he lost his balance and could feel himself tilting backwards...

...with a painful crack his head hit one of the steps on his way down, and he lay in a crumpled heap at the bottom, blood seeping from a fresh wound.

Alex stood at the top surveying his handiwork, then casually descended the stairs and stepped over Dexter's still body. "Here endeth the lesson!" He muttered as he left him lying helpless and alone.

To Be Continued...
Nasty Alex, poor wee Dexy! Next chapter Drew takes Charlotte to a special place while the gang learn of Dexter's "accident". Will he be okay? All will be revealed next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)