Tuesday 24 December 2019

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation Two: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Twenty Five: Teenage Kicks...and Screams!


JUDE:

These days, people look at me and see trouble! I like to goof off in class and that gets me brownie points from the girls and my friends, except Wes! Wesley Wolfe is my best friend in the whole world, I love that guy and I don't care if I sound gay because I'm cool with my hetero love for him!

He has a girlfriend anyway, lucky dang warlock that he is! He's got Inara and super powers! I hate him, I'm lying! But I do envy him! I have a vampire father and a human mother, Chessy got the vamp genes and me? I'm just a purple freak with no special gifts at all! Wes and his sister Wanda, they don't come from a long line of magical sages or anything, they were just born with this anomaly that makes them uber cool!

Look at my dad, he's a God! He's also Lord Landon Smallwood of Wolfsbane Manor, a spy and he's so buff, like The Rock buff! And if that wasn't enough, my grandfather is THE Caleb frickin' Vatore!!! Now do you get why I feel so small and insignificant? Because before you judge me, I want you to understand where I am coming from...

...it's a place of insecurity, of low self esteem. My name is Jude Smallwood, and I am merely a cog in the wheel that is a family legacy. I do my best, but I screw up because being a teenager is not what I expected! It sucks, royally! I wish I was a grown up like my dad, he has such an easy life! He doesn't have my problems!

LANDON:

I don't have an easy life, it's complicated! I was working out one day when the doorbell rang...

On her knees at the door sat Leah, the soon to be former Mrs Adkins! She and Sawyer had broken up leaving poor little Ty confused and wondering why his mother walked out on him and his dad. "Hi Landon!" Why was she here? What the hell did she want?

"I made a huge mistake Landon!" Oh here we go, which one? "I should never have taken your innocence like that and left you high and dry!" Oh that one? Well I'm over it!

"What's the point to this Leah?"
"I miss you Landon!"
"I'm married!"
"I want you Landon!"
"Still married Leah, happily and blissfully so..."
"But Landon..."
"...to your sister-in-law! Do us all a favour and disappear! Ty doesn't need you, Sawyer definitely doesn't need or want you, and me?"

"Well I never wanted you, I was just led by my dick! Goodbye Leah!" I left her there, standing outside in the cold, I know why she wanted me back, I was a pretty big deal now with my job and my title. She wanted a piece of the Landon pie, well tough!

My mother was lurking as usual, "What did she want?" Yeah mum never liked Leah, she always warned me about her but little Landon ran the show back then when I was young and stupid and horny!
"She wanted me back, said she should never have taken my virginity and split like that, I dunno what she thinks would have made it any different because I still would have met Jess and I still would have married her!"
"Maybe..."

"Mum, you do trust me, don't you?" She nodded but her face told a different story.
"Landy, I know you're a good boy. You always were. Just...stay away from her okay?" You don't have to tell me twice!
"Of course mum, Jess is my soulmate. I'm happy! Why would I risk that for puffy faced cat lady huh?"

"I know how she can bewitch a man Landy, Sawyer would still take her back in a heartbeat! I have tried to console him but all he wants is her, the lure of the dark side indeed!" Mum was always so Edwardian in her tone and her words, despite having lived longer in other lifetimes than she did in her human one, her past was never far from her.
"Well she ain't bewitchin' me, I'm done with her!"

The kids arrived home from school full of the joys of learning, not! Jude was moaning about his homework while Chester was his usual cheery self, "Hey Gamma!" He chirped at my mother, always Gamma's boy!
"Gamma I got a B today in Maths!" Little genius Hazel nut announced proudly.
"Oh that's wonderful darling, you are a clever little thing!"
"I'm clever too Gamma!" Jude was ever the charmer, buttering up the ladies.
"Of course you are my sweet Judey, of course!" And mum was ever the flatterer!

Mon Mon was out of sorts, she wasn't herself these days. Moods were rife in this house with two teens a pre-teen and a child! It was sometimes too much, but worse was to come for me and Jess as I was about to find out!

CHESTER:
Ever since the day he was born, I loved my brother, I really did! We were close when we were kids, now he's a teenager, I despair but I have never stopped loving his stupid little ass! He talks about girls like they're playthings, his mind is so dirty and sexual it's unreal! What the hell happened to my baby brother?

He's always had a thing for Wanda Wolfe, ever since she and her twin brother Wesley moved here all Judey can talk about is Wanda this and Wanda that! It's nice to see Wes take him under his wing though, he's a good influence on my delinquent and degenerate brother! The kid has been smart enough to warn Jude not to try anything with his sister. Wise move, I think Judey has a lot of growing up to do before he will be worthy of that lovely young witch.

I try to be the exemplary older brother, I steer him on the right path. He wanders sometimes but he'll do almost anything for me which comes in handy when he's being...well..him! Despite being the class clown I've managed to keep him on a B so far which pleases mum and dad.

Homework he does grudgingly, but I get Hazel and Monica to guilt him into doing it. If he sees our little sisters being responsible, it gives him this feeling of inadequacy which is really handy for a big brother to lay it on thick!

Hazel is a genius so it's not hard to get her to learn. I wish Jude could be more like her, but then he wouldn't be Judey the horny stinky pants!

I'm happy, I really am. I can honestly say that I have good friends, a great family and good looks ha ha! Joke, I am cute though! I just wish Judey could find his inner peace and be comfortable in his own devilishly handsome skin. He acts tough but he's not, he's so vulnerable, I need to protect him at all costs...and I will!

LANDON:

My sister, Abigail, came for a visit. She told dad he was getting a little on the round side again and he took it well. She was right though! He needs to seriously cut down the calories!

Abi, my big sis! I remember simpler times when we were all here together. Abi told me about Vlad and the problems our family faced way back when, about Esme and her brief encounter with Darick Bloodstone. Yeah they didn't have it easy.

I have to remember that this man, he longed for me. He accepted my sisters, loved and cherished them, but he wanted a son. I came along and what did I do? I made him play dolls with me ha ha ha! Man I love this guy!

I never gave my dad any cause for concern, which is more than I can say for this little shit right here. I adore all my kids, but this young man is truly trying my patience! He was asked not to eat cake, what did he do? He ate cake!

He was asked not to break curfew, he broke it! He was asked to come and have a chat with me, he avoided me all day! And just as I caught him with a mouthful of sponge, he gave me this look, a look that would make any frozen heart melt! Not mine!

"Judey I'd like to have that talk now!"
"Dad I've got a ton of homework and you don't want me to lose my B grade now do you?" Oh he was good, he was a crafty little devil!

Just as I sat down to talk to him, he got up! I wanted to wring his scrawny neck! "Sit back down please Jude, let's discuss a few things eh?"
"Let's not, let's just leave the Judey to do his homework like a good little boy eh dad?"

"We will discuss your attitude kid, or I will put in place strong punishments for any kind of rebellion, am I clear?"
"Yes dad, off to be like Chessy, study study study!" Where did I go wrong with this boy?

Dad appeared with a drink in his hand, "He'll come round!" I wish I had his optimism.
"Really dad? Cuz right now I worry for him, I really do!"

"Son, when I was about Jude's age I wasn't exactly an angel either. But I didn't have a good strong family at my back. I was alone and I ended up at the mercy of Vladislaus Straud, and believe me back then he was not cute and cuddly like he is now with your sister and your nieces and nephew!"

"When he turned Lilith, my sister, that's when I had my rude awakening and I vowed to never hurt another human being ever again. We distanced ourselves from Vlad, we made a life for ourselves but more importantly, we made a family. Then your mother came into my life and now look at what I have, purpose! Jude is going to be fine, he has us!" Gosh dad, I really wanna believe that, I do!

Nothing pleases me more than when Mon Mon needs me. I love helping her with her little school projects, just like I loved helping my big sister Raven when we were kids. Although she didn't appreciate my input.

Monica, once my little shadow and bane of my life, she appreciated her old dad and she loves to baffle him with science too! I was pretty, I wasn't smart...come on I couldn't have both it wouldn't be fair!

The rest of the kids were quiet, working hard to maintain their grades. I am truly blessed! Even though Jude is a handful, they're good kids deep down!

My little Hazel nut, my little genius!

Once again, my dad came through for me when Jude was behaving oddly, something he'd been doing lately. Chester didn't understand why, but my wise old man had answers for him. "Grandpa why is Jude like that? I don't know why he does these things!"
"Chessy, son, Jude has the erratic trait so he'll sometimes burst out into this kind of...um...behaviour! Understand?"

"I guess, does he know he's doing it?"
"Not all the time Ches no. You have to be patient and kind with your brother, he's...trying his best to be good but he's wrestling with many emotions. You're more like your dad, you're an amazing kid Chester and grandpa is proud of you!"

I listened to what dad had to say, it made me start to think too! I wished so badly that I could have even half of his wisdom! My boys lapped up his words like sweet nectar from the Gods! I would never measure up to that!

I looked at Jude with fresh, wiser eyes. Poor kid, he was wrestling with emotions, like Rave when she was his age. I have to be more patient, be the dad my children deserve!

Speaking of, dad finally hit the treadmill to shift those extra pounds. I want him to be here forever, like he should be, but vampires aren't completely immortal! There's the sun, sure, but I'm sure one could die of heart disease too! Just sayin'!

Mum and dad finally had their offer accepted on the house they wanted in Newcrest, they were thrilled and I was devastated. But mum wasn't as pleased as she made out to dad, I found her by uncle Vivaan's grave explaining that she had to leave him here with me and Jess and our family. I know she loves my dad, that he's her soulmate, but she did love Vivaan first. There will always be a part of her devoted to his memory and I don't just mean my big half sis, Vivaana, I mean in her heart!

"Mum, it's okay to be sad about leaving. This is where you made your family, this is where you truly fell in love with dad. I'm sad too, I don't want you to go but I want what's best for you and for dad and this is it! Please, don't hide your feelings, they're justified and dad will understand that!"

"Oh Landy, you're such a sweet boy..."
"I'm a man now mum, jeez!"
"...man then! You were a precious miracle, a gift that neither your father nor I could even begin to imagine we would receive. A boy, after four girls! Landy I love you, and no matter how old you are or how married you are or how many children you have of your own, you will always be my baby boy! My last born and my angel, okay?"
"Okay mum, I love you too!"

I'd been thinking about my big sister a lot lately, and how she turned out great after a tumultuous teenhood. So I went across to visit her and my old buddy Damian. We had a deep discussion about Jude, she was sympathetic as Noah was giving her a hard time right now too, and she really was what I needed right now!

And just as we're having a nice, pleasant chat who comes along and butts in? This bitch! What is it with ex-girlfriends lately? "Oh hey, I remember him when he was a scrawny little jungle explorer wannabe, he ran away from me because his butt was on fire hehe!" Raven was having none of her crap though,
"Really? Mizuki as I recall it was your gold digging ways that made him run away not his burning ass!"

"Gold digging???"
"Yes, gold digging! Thank God he married Jessica Adkins and not you or the Smallwoods would be penniless by now! Go on scram! Before I bite you!"

My big sister, always having my back! Sibling goals right there!

Monica told me that while I was at Raven's, a young man followed Chester home from school. He wasn't too thrilled about it either. The boy? Randolph Villareal, not sure which one of the Villareal clan was his parent but Ches told him to scram.

Jude was having one of his erratic episodes as his sisters came running to try and calm him. Chester had filled them in on his unfortunate trait and how a little bit of reassurance might go a long way.

He got a text inviting him to a party at the Wolfes, "Wanda baby you just can't bear to be apart from me can you?"
"Isn't that the Wanda you're not allowed to fancy Judey?" Hazel chortled as Monica nodded in agreement grinning all the way.

"Yeah, but forbidden fruit tastes soooooo sweet! Later losers!" Hazel called after him,
"I'M COMING TOO JUDEY! OR I TELL WESLEY YOU'RE AFTER HIS SISTER!!!" Ahhh blackmail, the beauty of it was that Hazel's birthday was around the corner and she would be even more trouble hehe!
"FINE!" Jude growled back.
"Well played sister!" Monica nodded in admiration.
"Thank you I try!"

Back from work, dad was greeted today by Monica. Always someone there for him when he returns, nobody ever greets me!

Now I have no idea what brought on the next mood dip, whether Mon Mon said something to piss him off or if it was just inevitable...

...but Jude went totally off his head! Grumping and groaning into the house, swearing under his breath and being just a little shit in general.

Luckily, calming influence Wesley Wolfe arrived just in time. Probably there to discuss this awesome party that Hazel insisted I allow her to go to even though she was NOT invited!

Wesley took one look at his best friend and knew what was happening, "Right Jude let's shoot some hoops and you can tell me what's up!"
"Weeeeeeeesssss!"
"No arguments, talk to me!"

JUDE:

"So spill!" Wes just wouldn't let up, he's like a fucking dog with a bone!
"I just...why don't you think I'm good enough for Wanda?" Yeah it was eatin' at me, sue me okay?
"Jude for fuck's sake, it is not happening okay? Not ever, never never!"
"Pussy ass bitch!"

"And that, right there, is why you cannot date my sister Jude! You're an immature little ball sack!"
"Fuck you Wolfe, you have a girlfriend. Maybe Wanda likes me and..."
"Whoa stop right there, Wanda is NOT interested in ANYBODY! She's busy with school and her magic lessons, she has no time for a puny little dick cheese like you!"
"Why are you so horrible to me? I thought we were friends!"

"We are the best of friends Jude, but when it comes to my twin sister you are way out of line! I will fight you to the death to protect her understand? If I wanted to date Hazel you'd have something to say about it wouldn't you?"
"Hey, Hazel's just a little girl, and yes I'd break your dick off if you tried...oh!"
"Yeah oh, you get me now don't you?"
"Yes!" Shit bag was right, sisters are off limits!

"HOW DARE YOU SEXUALISE MY LITTLE SISTER!"
"Ha ha ha, chill dude, I was just making a point. But now you understand what it feels like when a guy looks at your flesh and blood as an object of desire, it's icky!" Yeah it was mega icky! Teen Hazel dating? Any age Hazel dating was not gonna happen, I forbid it!

"Look Wes I can't help it if I like your sister, but we made a pact and I will honour it. Still doesn't mean I can't look and I can't flirt I just...can't date, kiss or have woo hoo with her!"
"Euuuuughhh! Please stop with the images in my head!"

"if it's any consolation, when Hazel grows up, even though she has a mega crush on me, I will rebuff her. Satisfied?"
"Well considering you're with Inara I wasn't even worried!"

"Yes I know Jude, but if I was single again I would never go out with your sister. I promise you, we promise each other, no sisters for these misters!"
"You're a knob, but I accept your terms!" I'll never taste the sweet lips of Wanda Wolfe, and I am not okay with that! But then again, Hazel's crush will amount to nothing either so there's that!

LANDON:

There seemed to be a musical bug in the air! Chester took to Dj'ing, dad played a melancholy tune on the violin and Hazel asked her Gamma to teach her how to play the organ. I don't think she was too keen though.

I had mum and dad pose for a final photo, they were leaving for Newcrest in the morning and my heart was breaking. They were happy together, still so in love, I hoped Jess and I would be like that when our kids were all grown.

Dad said to mum one last time, "Now Trixie, you're sure about this, yes?"
"Yes Caleb, where you go I go! I love you!" And so it is done, my parents left me to carry out this family legacy.

Some good news, my niece Celeste got engaged to her girlfriend, Jayla Han.

They were married shortly after and although they knew they wanted children together, they couldn't decide who should carry them...so why not both? Sounds like a plan...

They both gave birth to twins, a girl and boy each, Jayla having Harmony and Hunter, and Celeste having Bruno and Britta! I do not envy them right now, ha!

My sister Abu and her wife Charley's daughter, Natalie, and her husband Ukupanipo Hekekia were expecting their first child too. Nat lives in Sulani now.

She gave birth to a baby girl, Talia Hekekia, and she's expecting another baby very soon!

Over in Del Sol Valley, her twin Nicole and her husband Manuia Hautata were awaiting the impending arrival of their little bundle of joy...

Zachary Hautata...

...well okay then make that two bundles, and his twin sister Catalina Hautata! Nic is also expecting another baby, it's all go in our family I tell ya!


TRIXIE:

We arrived in Newcrest to our new home, Caleb looked positively terrified. He'd lived in Wolfsbane Manor for such a long time this was quite daunting for him. I loved him all the more for doing this for me though.

Our dream home, we waited so long to secure it. I loved it so much, the big kitchen and the study...oh I was on cloud nine!

Caleb still couldn't settle, even after a few days of living here. I could see how out of sorts he was and it broke my heart.

I asked him what was the matter, but he simply kissed my cheek and told me "Everything is fine baby!" I never had my Caleb down as a liar!

That's when he started to play the part of the happy husband, but the smiles he gave me did not reach his eyes.

Still I tried my best to make him happy, I showed him love and affection. But he missed his old home and our family, I told him "Caleb I am here, am I not enough?" I think that got through to him because he was very loving after that!

He did his best to get comfortable here, but when I discovered that we wouldn't be alone in this house for long, I feared this would not be a welcoming surprise for my Caleb.

I had to tread carefully, "Caleb darling?"
"Yeah baby..." He was outside checking the mail and observing the neighbourhood as he called it, I called it being suspicious of one's neighbours.

"Darling please remain calm okay?"
"Beatrix what is happening???"
"Caleb, we're going to have another baby. Please don't be angry?"

"WHAT THE FUCK TRIXIE???"
"It is a blessing my love, a happy little accident?"
"Jesus fucking...this is too much!" It was as I feared, it tipped him over the edge and he reverted back into the sullen vampire that first arrived in this house.
"Are you rejecting our unborn child Caleb?"
"No, no you don't get to say that to me. I gave up my home for you Trixie, I left my only son to fend for himself because you wanted to leave...did...did you plan this?"

"No, darling I would never do that to you. We...we were just careless! Do you want me to...to get rid..."
"NO! Don't Beatrix, just...leave me alone for a while, please?" And so I did, he was distant all throughout my pregnancy. Caleb had changed and it hurt so very much to see. Only when I finally went into labour...

...and gave birth to our twin sons did he show me any form of affection, compassion or solidarity.

Holding our newborns in his arms changed him back to the old Caleb I knew and loved so much. "Well my darling, we must give them names." I wanted to leave it up to him, after everything, "What do you want to name your sons Caleb?" He was lost for words at first, but then he announced...

...Drake Vatore...

...and Cole Vatore! He had longed for a son many moons ago when we were happily married in Wolfsbane Manor, and after four girls he got his little man, we were gifted Landon. Now we have Drake and Cole, he feels doubly blessed to have two more boys. He apologised for his behaviour before they were born, he regrets it so very much even though I have long since forgiven him. He cannot forgive himself. I'm happy to say he has gotten over his home sickness, these two little vampire scamps make him feel at home!

After centuries of roaming aimlessly, I am now content. I never expected to be a mother again but tending to my twin boys is a joy and a privilege. I gather the mail this morning, lots of congratulations cards and gifts from family. But one troubles me a little...

...from my grandson, Jude. He misses us, he hates his dad, such sad things I read. Did I make the right decision coming here? I'm not so sure now, what I am sure of is Caleb cannot see this letter or he will relapse! I just know it to be true!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)