Tuesday 31 December 2019

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation Two: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Twenty Seven: Winterfest Blues.


CHESTER: 

Okay, I like animals don't get me wrong, but there's just one in particular that rubs me up the wrong way. I remember Miss Kittie from when Aunt Stacey lived here and I loved her, she was fluffy and sweet! But this one of Hazel's is anything but! "So if you would be so kind as to train him not to jump up on the counter tops that would be great!"
"Chessy you can't train a cat, don't you know anything?" She scoffs at me, when did my little sister get so high and mighty?

Her flea ridden monster sits on the kitchen counter like it owns the place and my baby sister is giving me a lesson in cats and how they cannot be trained because they own us. Yeah, you heard that right, she says dogs have owners and cats have servants. Go figure!

"Look Chessy, here Oreo! Oreo baby don't sit up there it's naughty!" The cat gives us the dirtiest look ever and merely meows his distaste. "See? Cannot be trained!"
"Well in fairness Hazel you didn't exactly try very hard! CAT!!! OFF!!! NOW!!!" Yep that worked, not!

Hazel gives up and leaves me with the devil, still giving me the death stare! I need to come up with something that will stop me from eating cat hairs every time mum serves up a meal! Dad says I shouldn't worry because soon my body will crave only one thing, plasma! Oh the joys of vampirism!

I know he is trying to hide the hurt he feels over Jude's wrath, but he loves him and it's hard for him to put up with the whole teenage boy hates his father routine. At least the rest of us don't do that, I hope he knows what a great dad he is and how much we love him, even Jude!

LANDON:

I look at Hazel nut, now a teenager, and I feel a mixture of pride and sadness. I don't want her to grow up but at the same time I look at how beautiful she is and I am so happy to see how well my girl has turned out. I just hope her sister will grow into even half the young woman Hazel is now.

But at the moment it's looking doubtful, Monica is going through this bear phase that confuses me and her mother. I'm hoping that it's exactly that though, a phase.

Despite fighting the ravages of time, the wishing well could not stop aging for my lovely wife, merely prolong it. Jessica is now an adult but she has barely changed, she's still gorgeous with flawless purple skin!

 Being promoted to Lacking Corporal was great, the shenanigans my fellow recruits got me into not so much! 

 As I headed inside to change, I noticed a young man standing across the town square looking over at my house. He was about Jude's age so I waved, thinking he's probably one of his school pals...

 ...but the boy swiftly turned his back on me. Well you were the one staring kid, maybe it was my odd ensemble that had him gawking, who knows. All I know is he shuffled into Abi's old place across the street. Ah, he's one of the Holden boys!

Right now I'm gathering the courage to have a meaningful talk with Monica, I'm so tired after a hard day's work but it looks like my youngest needs me right now.

This whole bear thing has been going on for a couple of days now and it's worrying me. She sleeps in it, bathes in it, does her homework in it, eats in it, watches T.V. in it...well you get the gist! Why can't I have a moment of peace from all this kid and teen drama?

JUDE:

Wesley takes me out to the romance festival to try and show me true love, or something! I honestly don't know what this is all about! I notice Miss Inara Wallis is absent, why didn't he take his beloved? Am I becoming too much for his circle of friends? Probably! Well the Judey needs a girl, and so far I'm struggling to find my Wanda substitute. Sure Georgie is cute but she's way too clingy, I need a love her and leave her with no hard feelings kinda girl! And right now I'm not sure she is the one for me!

"Look I know you've brought me here to get me away from Wanda and heck knows who else! But Georgie and I are dating, I made an honest woman of her so relax!"
"It's not that Jude!" Oh, then what is it my glum friend?

"I just want you to be happy, like I am with Inara! But you seem to just drift from one girl to the other like a feather floating in the air, landing on the first female with a pulse!"
"Now that's a bit harsh there Wes!"
"No Jude, it's the truth! You've got a really bad rep at school, all the girls above and below us don't like you very much! The only ones that do are our age and they want something from you!"
"And I want something from them..."
"Will you JUST LISTEN FOR ONCE???"

Okay he's pissing me off now, he's beginning to sound like Lord Landon douche canoe! "I'm listening Wesley!" Might as well get it from him too!
"I want you to take a break from whoring your way through our entire class! Can you do that?"
"Break the whoring, check!" You wouldn't understand, you loved up puppy!

"You do realise that if you had just let me ask Wanda out this would never have been an issue!" Oooh I struck a nerve there, he's going purple, like me! He he he!

"Look, you are my best friend. You're a good friend but a terrible boyfriend. THAT is why you cannot date Wanda! She's...well I'm sorry but she's way too good for you!" Ouch! He says that way too much! It hurts!
"You have an unhealthy obsession with your sister, you do know that right?"
"DAMMIT JUDE!"

"Judey? Everything okay? Why is this young man shouting at you?" Gamma, thank God!
"Who's that?" Wesley whispers, I forgot he never met my Gamma, Judey is Gamma's favourite! He dead!

"Oh this is my best friend Wesley, no need to stress!"
"But he is shouting at you Judey, he's not much of a friend!" Yes Gamma you get it!
"Jude, please tell me you're not messing with cougars now too?" BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh that is pure gold, hilarious!

"Oh no Judey doesn't like cats! Do you Judey?" Gamma is so precious!
"Actually Hazel got a cat recently..."
"Oh my, that must be awful for you!" Gamma, you are just too much I wanna hug you!
"Well, that's not what Wes meant anyway, a cougar is an older woman who goes after younger men!" My Gamma's pretty smile disappears and Wesley Wolfe is in trouble!

"You DIRTY young man!" She spits the words right in his face, I love her so much! "I am his grandmother, his Gamma! How dare you!"
"I..." He mutters under his breath in my direction, "...you are so dead Smallwood!"
"Yes Gamma, dirty indeed. How do you sleep at night with that awful mind of yours Wesley? Does your girlfriend know you have such sick thoughts? Poor Inara!"

"Oh my goodness, this boy has a girlfriend??? And you don't??? Where is the justice!"
"Well I do have one now Gamma, her name is Georgia!"
"Oh that's nice dear, my Judey is such a good boy!"
"Mrs Smallwood he's been a naughty boy of late, you can ask any girl in our school and they'll back me up!"
"I am Mrs Vatore young man..."

"...now please give us a moment, I haven't seen my grandson since my twins were born and we have a lot to talk about!" Wesley leaves with his tail between his legs and I am ever so grateful to have my Gamma on my side!

"Ohhhhhh my Judey, how I have missed you my darling boy! I have been so worried since I received your letter! I had to find you away from your father, he would be so hurt if he knew how you were feeling!"
"I missed you too Gamma, so much! Dad is just on my case all the time I hate him!" She lets me go and looks me straight in the eyes, like she's burning a hole in my soul!

"Judey, that is my son you are talking about and you do not hate him! You may not appreciate it now, but when you are older you will realise that your father loves you! He would die for you! I also know that what the little wizard boy said was true, you are being a bad boy right now! I wish you would snap out of it but as a mother myself I understand that it's not easy! But mark my words, you will regret your behaviour when you are mature enough to understand that grown ups make mistakes too, and everything we do is done out of love for our children. Now go and play with your friend!" Okay so not on my side as much as I thought!

I can't find Wes anywhere, I think he bailed on me. Oh well, the Judey still can have fun without him! Just then I spot him behind me, looking embarrassed and talking to a couple of people I don't know. Fuck him!

Gamma is right, I am a bad boy! Wes is right! I am a whore! I'm a virgin who is trying to be a whore! I want to have sex with a girl and feel something, something other than my heart bursting for Wanda Wolfe! I know it will never happen with her, Wes won't allow it and she doesn't even like me in that way!

I'm an insignificant little worm who is lashing out at everyone who sees through my big bravado act, anyone who is prepared to call me out on my shitty behaviour! But do I change? Nah, I'm too stubborn for that shit! I'll do stuff on my own terms! I'll never have Wanda, and I'm cool with it, but if I don't play around with these girls then how do I find the perfect substitute for Ms Wolfe???

After wandering around until way after curfew, I return home to people tutting and shaking their heads at me! First up, Chester!

"Oh Judey, dad is looking for you!"
"So what?"
"You're fucked dude, totally fucked!"

"Judey? Daddy wants a word! He's very upset with you, so am I darling you're so late!" Ach mum, like I'm scared of him! He's full of shit!
"Yeah yeah!"

"Judey dad..."
"Yes I know, dad is angry blah blah blah, wants to kill me blah di blah!"

If only I was like perfect little Hazel nut, or wonderful son Chessy! But I'm not, I'm me! I will always be the black sheep of the family and hated by everyone! Yes I know they all disapprove of me and think I'm a loser, even my fucking Gamma! Nobody loves me, I'm so pathetic! Let dad kill me I don't care anymore!

My perfect sisters, my perfect brother and perfect parents! Hell my grandparents are even perfect but me? I'm a greasy stain on the Smallwood family quilt that needs to be rubbed out! I don't contribute to this family. Monica is excused for her behaviour because she's a child, I don't because I should know better!

I'll just hide up here for a while until the old man calms down. I lied, I am scared of him, he knows some moves. Not that he would ever beat any of his children, but I might be that exception! I am the devil child after all!

LANDON:

Jude was avoiding me, he'd come home way after curfew and gave everyone attitude. Now he's hiding from me! Well fine, parenting can be so rewarding but sometimes it can be so damn hard!

Case in point! Monica is by no means anywhere near Jude's delinquency but she does give me reason to worry! Her brother gave me grief all through each life stage so far, she has not been dissimilar. I am scared she doesn't grow out of it, because Jude never did!

All my kids are exemplary students though, even Jude is a grade A! I never expected any of my children to hate me, I was the son of Caleb Vatore and all of his children, even the one who wasn't his biologically, loved him so very much. I went into this parenthood lark with that same expectation, and I got burned with Jude...and Mon Mon a little too, but she never said she hated me or looked at me as if I was Satan himself...but Jude does, every God damn day! It hurts so much, I just want him to love me!

JUDE:

I'm avoiding daddy douche face, so I go over to Wesley's to apologise for my behaviour at the romance festival, but who is here? Why it's my lovely girlfriend! Georgia might be able to lift my mood because I am on a real downer right now! I feel the need to just bury myself in her and feel something, anything! I want her, not her but I want a girl! 

"Hey Jude, I'm so glad to see you here I...what's up?" She sees I'm in turmoil like a good girlfriend should, she's a keeper...just not for me to keep!
"My dad is a total fucking loser, he just won't get off my back! Georgie I'm so down, I need you right now!" Tug on the heart strings, then she can tug on something else.

"What can I do? I hate seeing you sad Jude!" Give the Judey some lovin' girl!
"Do you love me Georgie?"
"Of course I do, you're everything to me!" How sweet, now here comes the test!

"Only you can make me happy again! I need you right now!" She looks at me with so much affection, I do need her right now, I need that love! I need to feel wanted, my family hate me but at least someone loves me.

"Come in Jude it's freezing, you need a hug and some hot cocoa I think!" No I need some hot action baby, let's get it on!
"Okay, if that's what you think I need then...you're the boss!" Heh, boss lady, yeah right!

I have her right where I want her, yep! "Pour vouz madame!"
"Ohhhhhhh Jude! It's lovely, thank you so much!"
"Only the best for my woman!" It's only a vase of artificial flowers but I've got her eating outta my hands!

I've been away for long enough, so I go back home but I take Georgie with me so that daddy dickhead won't kick off!

One by one they all come flooding into the room, dad first asking "Oh is this your little girlfriend Dudey?" Dudey! Think you're cool huh? Ass wipe! Then mum and Hazel, this is way too much, I snap!
"GUYS! GET OUT! Georgie and I want to be alone?"

They reluctantly leave us, I want a kiss from Georgie! Like right now! We dance for a while and she tells me how much she's wanted to be with me in like forever. Funny, she was so cold to me when we first met, I would never have imagined she liked me at all! She tells me that all the girls are envious of her because I'm her boyfriend. Apparently Szara Adams, who she does not get along with, hates her even more now because she wanted to ask me out, wow! Samantha Lawler writes songs about me? What? Then there's Tina O'Neal who says if I become Lord Smallwood she will fight Georgie for me, huh! I am in demand!

I've never kissed a girl before and I am dying to! Georgie will be my first kiss, hopefully not my last! I'm going in...

Yes, that's what I'm talkin' about! This feels good, a little wet and slobbery but I have lots of girls I can hone my technique on, at least Georgie isn't complaining! Mmmmm, kissing is awesome, so sex will be mind blowing...right?

I cannot wait to get some action! For now though, it's just you and me shower! Mr hand can't retire just yet, soon though! I have Georgie primed and ready!

It's Winterfest, we're all opening presents and Monica is especially annoying this morning! Excited kids harping on about Father Winter does my box in, it really does! He's not even real! Man kids are so gullible!

Sad case daddy fart box is all giddy over the present he's got for mum. His face, what a pathetic loser! Mum loves it though, she's all "Oh Landy it's beautiful!" IT'S A FUCKING TEA MAKER JESUS CHRIST ALIVE!!!

I duck out while everyone is obsessed with this thing and call Georgie over. I have a little present I wanna unwrap too!

"I don't want to have sex yet Jude, just a little touching and kissing, okay?" Prick tease, okay I'll take what I can get!

So I realise while we're cupping and groping and smooching, I don't want to have sex with Georgia Lamont, she's boring as hell! I can't even get a kick out of kissing anymore with her, feeling her boobs gave me a stiffy but apart from that...my fire is not lit it is merely smoke!

So I break it off, I give the usual it's not you it's me baby crap but she is sobbing and making me feel bad! Stop making the Judey feel bad girl! She tries to offer me sex but I don't want her, I really don't! She's so blah!

She leaves, muttering away to herself and I pretend to look sad, I'm just relieved that I have more choices! Thanks for telling me all about them the other day Georgie, did me a big favour there!

NEEEEEEXT!

LANDON:

Monica has been so good lately, I think it has a lot to do with Winterfest and the prospect of Father Winter knowing if you've been bad or good that's spurred her into helping mode!

Handing out presents has been the best part of Winterfest, seeing all my girls light up while opening them, it gave me a warm glow inside! Monica was especially pleased with her present, a Don't Wake the Llama game!

All that was left were discarded wrapping and boxes, a good day had by all, even Jude who invited his girlfriend over for...I really don't wanna think! All I know is she left looking like her grandmother had died or something, oh Judey you are a worry to me!

Another worry over Winterfest was the mysterious illness Oreo seemed to have. Jess told me to hurry over to the vets and get him sorted or Hazel would be heartbroken. So I did, I'd never owned a pet before, this is all new, so I had no idea what it was like in a vet clinic. It's not nice, this poor beast was in a particularly bad way!

After checking Oreo in, the poor dog's owner was talking away to me. I let him ramble on but at the same time I was so worried for Hazel's little furry friend.

He was not well at all, he was drooling some weird green stuff and he kept passing out! All I could think of was oh please don't let him die during Winterfest! poor little guy he's only young too!

I picked him up off the snow, I didn't want him to get a chill, that was the last thing he needed! My heart was pounding, I was so scared! He was part of our family, he was one of us! I had to get him help!

Oh God almighty please don't let that be our vet?

Yep she was our vet, just my luck! But even though she liked to make snow angels while her patients were dying in reception, she was actually a very good vet!

She fixed Oreo up really well! He was not keen on the injection though! I feel for you little man, but it's for your own good!!!

Okay so Oreo hated me, but at least I didn't have to break it to Hazel that her beloved cat was dead! So hate me all you want because my daughter was gonna love me!

I arrived home to another weird Monica phase, oh lordy gimme a break will ya???

I promised Jess I'd have a word. I was starting to see a pattern here, I was always the parent to "have a word", was I bad cop to her good cop? I think I've been played!

CHESTER:

So I'm just minding my own business, recovering from Winterfest when I get a private message from a girl in my class, Lizbeth Kim-Lewis. She wants to meet for coffee? Well okay then, wonder what that is all about...

Dad asks where I'm going, so I tell him, and he makes me bring along Jude of all people! Great, having my juvenile little brother tag along is great, NOT!

I sit him down at a table and tell him to be quiet, he mumbles something about dad punishing him for having his girlfriend round for snuggles or whatever and I ignore him. Lizbeth is pleased to see me, she's pretty! She has nice skin, it's zit and blemish free and just the cutest shade of mocha! "Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy Chester!"
"Hi Lizbeth, sorry about bringing my brother but my dad wanted him out of the house or something, I dunno, just try and ignore him!"
"Oh that's okay, I'm just glad you came!"

Jude starts having a tantrum and I am so embarrassed, he does that a lot. Damn erratics! "Please don't pay any attention to his moody ass, he's got issues! We'll sit at another table!" I tell Lizbeth and she smiles sweetly at me.

We sit behind the problem child and her smile is lovely! "So, I was so honoured that you wanted to have coffee with me. It's nice to meet up outside school, no studying, just focusing on friendship!"
"Oh yes, well I love sitting next to you in biology and I just wanted to get to know the real Chester. Plus you're kinda cute!" She giggles and her cheeks go a little pink, well everyone knows the real me! What you see is what you get!

"So how is computer club going?" Lizbeth is the president of the club and she loves gaming! She's really smart, she helped me get through biology by copying her notes.
"It's going great, what's even better is we're mostly girls! There are no tantrums when we beat each other in tournaments, boys tend to take it badly when they lose!"
"Oh they really do, you're so right!"
"How are you such a sweetheart Chester? You're the kindest boy in our school! How do you do it?"
"I...wow how flattering! I just treat everybody the way I would like to be treated, simple as that really! I like being nice, I like to make people happy but my brother really tries my patience!" She laughs softly and looks away, yeah everyone knows Jude!

I'm having a great little chat with Lizbeth, I glance over at Jude a few times and he seems to be behaving...until...

"Hey, kid with the purple skin!"
"Yes?" One of the poor women Jude was sitting with calls over to me, and Jude is gone! Shit a brick!
"Your brother's gone! Just upped and took off!"
"Thanks!" Shit shit shit!

"I am so sorry Lizbeth!" I look over at her feeling guilty. She just smiles and says,
"It's okay Chester, I hope we can do this again sometime, I've really enjoyed our date!" DATE? HUH? I don't have time to mull that one over as I head outside to find my little punk of a brother!

It's freezing, I barely make him out in the snow and I even think I see Father Winter but...nah! "HEY! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT! JUDE FUCKING STOP RIGHT THERE!!!"

When we get home I tell dad all about Jude's disappearance and how it took me half an hour to find him. He was apparently chasing after a fat bearded dude dressed as Father Winter! Yeah I did see him! My sisters find it hilarious that Jude was acting up. I don't see the funny side at all, not when I have to face Lizbeth Kim-Lewis at school after the holidays! Can you say embarrassing???

Dad changes the subject and starts telling a load of vampire puns. Apparently grandpa Caleb used to tell them when dad was a teenager, some of them are pretty funny. Dad gets a kick out of them even now! He's such a lovable dorkface!

"See Chessy? That is how you tell a joke! Not like the ones you used to tell me when I was a baby!"
"Monica those were bedtime stories?"

Yes I used to read to toddler Mon to get her to sleep when she was pestering dad, she thinks long and hard about this! I wasn't telling any jokes, they were fairy tales! Finally she answers me, "Well they weren't very funny Chessy!"

Great uncle Vivaan comes out to say hi, his main focus is on Jude who is staring at the fridge for some reason. Maybe he has frost bite in his brain?

"So what are we looking at here kid?"
"Nothing!" Jude mutters angrily.
"Really, so I heard you're being a little shit these days!" Oh dear!

"And I heard you're still fucking dead!" Ohhhhhhh double dear!
"Ahahahahaha! Touche Caleb junior, tou-fuckin--che!" Caleb junior? What does that mean? I really need to get uncle Vivaan alone and ask him, that sounds like a really interesting story. Was grandpa like Jude as a teen? Is there hope yet that he might turn things around?

LANDON:

I felt so bad for insisting Jude go with Chester to meet his friend, I had no idea it was a girl and that she was asking him on a date. It appeared neither did Chessy! All joking aside, poor kid was mortified by Jude's behaviour! My complete and utter bad!

Uncle Vivaan admired our tree and asked Monica all about the presents. She tidied up the mess as she excitedly told him about her Llama game, I think I did good!

It was that boring limbo time between Winterfest and New Year when Jessica baked another birthday cake...

It was lovely, and winter themed! Yes Monica was becoming a teenager!

But her birthday was not without its trials and tribulations, while Jess put the candles on her cake Jude brought out the violin which he cannot play to save his life. It was a headache I can tell you that...

...then Oreo, feeling much better, started munching down on the cake making Jess want to scream, her little cheeks were as red as radishes!

And the icing on the literal cake was when Jude had one of his almighty strops and began yelling profanities at his mother! I wanted to kick the little shit into next week and I would have done, but Jessica managed to calm me down!

All was well when our little Mon Mon blew out her candles and made a wish! My last baby was growing up and it was a very bittersweet moment for me and for her mother! My little shadow, bane of my life, was becoming a teen!

And oh what a beautiful teen she is! She developed a love for animals, so maybe she'll be a vet? Who knows, just enjoy your youth baby girl, daddy is so proud of you!
Monica was not impressed with the state of the pet food bowls, already taking her aspiration seriously!

The wall was looking good! All kids at teen stage, things get interesting from here on out I guess! Moods, moods ahoy!

Finally New Year's Eve came round and with it another birthday. I was losing Chessy to young adulthood very soon! Forgotten Hollow sure is beautiful in the winter time!
Monica and Jude's snowman stood the test of time and was still there even after they'd built him at the start of Winterfest.

As predicted, moods ahoy! This particular day of school seemed to be a drag for them as they all arrived home looking down in the mouth! But then Jude had a friend over and I started to despair...

JUDE:

My next conquest was going to be the lovely Tina O'Neal! She agreed to come over but she wasn't really friendly when she arrived, "So you wanted to talk?"
"Yes, I...I'm so lonely I..."
"Cut the crap Jude, I know you dumped Georgia and she's in bits! You're a bad boy Jude Smallwood!"
"Yes I am, do you like it?"

"I dunno, so you're dad's a Lord huh?"
"Well, yeah. What's that..."
"And that would make you what?"
"Jude Smallwood? I have no title, unless I am chosen as his heir which is sooooo unlikely because he hates me and..."
"Bye bye Jude!" Fuck, what is happening???

I'm losing her here, "No, no wait Tina please!" She sighs her displeasure at me.
"Jude unless you are rich and become the future Lord of the manor I have no use for you!" Wow, honest and to the point!

"Here baby, for you! The Judey like!"
"Ugh, you're pathetic!"
"But baby..."
"I am NOT your BABY!"

"Look Jude, I don't want your rose and I don't want you! I need a man who is somebody! I need a man who is willing to give me everything and provide for me. I need..."
"I will!" What am I saying? I'm securing my cherry popper here that's what I'm doing. Tell her what she wants to know and then I can get what I want and be done with her!

"What if I promised you that I will be the next Lord Smallwood? Would you be my girlfriend?"
"And how can you promise that? You have a one in four chance of gaining that title along with the fortune and the house!"
"I'll do it! You can help me, then you can be Lady Tina Smallwood! How does that sound?"

She's mulling it over, it's torture! I have little else to tempt her with, this has gotta work or I have to bring out the big guns! "Jude, I am destined for great things and if you're not a sure thing for this Lord biz then I can't commit to ifs, buts and maybes! Sorry!" Ach, fuck this shit, the big guns it is!

"Ohhhhh Tina, baby you make me so crazy!" It's now or never!
"JUUUUUUUUUUUDE! STAAAAAAAAAAP!!!" She's into me, I knew it! And she smells amazing, as always!

"Oh Tina baby! I cannot keep my hands off of you!"
"Hahahahaha, Jude you're a lunatic!"
"Please Tina, love me?" Puppy mode is activated!

"Even if I don't have a title, I'll still be rich!" Come on little fish, bite!
"Well, I suppose we can see how this goes and then...I dunno...take it from there?"
"Whatever you say baby girl, you are the boss!"

"I am the boss, don't you forget it! I expect to be pampered and bathed in luxury. Those are my terms...oh and full access to your bank account so I can always look good for you!"
"I am your ever attentive boy slave, you have a deal!" For now, gimme the P in V action and you can say goodbye to all that shit!

She is gorgeous though, she has beautiful eyes! If I was ready to settle she would make some beautiful babies with me, but I ain't ever having kids! Not after experiencing the mess my own father made of parenting, not my bag!

LANDON:

I saw Jude's little friend leave, they seemed close. I was concerned and confused as this was a different girl from the last time. My relationship with Jude was crumbling but I needed to try and discipline him or he would never come back from this. "Jude, son? Who was your friend?"
"None of your business!" Oh so it was like that?
"Hey, don't get smart I was only asking..."

"And I was telling you it is none of your business, dad!"
"While you are under my roof, while you are a teenager, it is every bit my business son and you know it! So cut the attitude or you are grounded until further notice!"

He laughed at me and the smirk on his face made me wanna punch him out! My own son! "What is so funny?"
"You, go ahead and ground me I really don't give a fuck!"
"Jude Smallwood watch your language!"
"Make me!"

"You are this close to a smack, you know that?" He still smirked at me! What was this?
"I wish you would, because then I would have evidence for Gamma that you are a lousy father and she will let me stay with her and grandpa in Newcrest! You'd be doing me a favour really!" Fuck! He had me over a barrel! His words cut me deeply, I just stood up and walked away, I could hear him chuckle in victory behind my back. Where did I go wrong with that boy?

At least Hazel seemed a little better, Jess was determined to make sure her girl was okay! And what girl doesn't need a good chat with her mum, eh? I just had to put Jude's attitude to the back of my mind for now, I was due a promotion at work and between you and me and the gate post we needed the money...badly!

CHESTER:

Monica was so cute, my little sis was all grown up! It was my turn today on New Year's Eve, I was showing Mon some videos of cats...

She liked the ones where they played with wool or climbed into boxes...

...but then there was one up a tree, stuck! She went ballistic! Gah girly hormones, help!!!

Luckily I was off to blow out my candles, after a lie down because wow can Monica yell! I made a wish to be as strong as dad and as wise as grandpa...

I strive to help my fellow man! I want to do good things in this world and be the kind of man that my dad and grandpa showed me is possible!

I love talking to my dad, he's my hero! He's hurting right now over Jude and his behaviour but I want him to know that he always has me, no matter where I am! I have plans, I just need to find the right moment to tell my parents.

Now it's Jude's turn to upset Monica, I have no idea what he's muttering in her ear but she doesn't like it one bit! Dad starts to groan, I stop him from getting up and clipping Jude round the ear, I can tell he's at the end of his rope.

"Dad? It'll be okay! He'll grow out of it, I'm sure of it! There's good in him dad, I feel it!"
"Yeah?" Dad grunts, "Well so far it's well hidden, buried so deep I'll need to get my shovel!"
"Look at me, I'm okay, so will Jude!"
"I admire your optimism Chessy, but sometimes people are just born damaged. I fear that might be your brother, the things he said to me earlier I wouldn't dare say to my father! Maybe it is me, maybe I'm a bad parent..."
"No dad, you're the best dad ever, don't ever say that!"

Right now I'm so mad at my brother! He's hurt our dad and our sister all in the space of a day! I have a right mind to smack him one myself!

But my dad talks over my thoughts, "Jude? A word, now!" Oh boy, so far dad has tread very carefully with him, I don't think he has any patience left, this is not good!

"I don't wanna, thanks though!" Cheeky little shit!
"I wasn't asking!" Dad growls.
"And I wasn't caring! Laters!" That little...dad just stands there clenching his fists, oh my days how can I possibly leave them like this? My plans are crumbling in front of my very eyes, why Jude? Why do you have to be like this?

Aunt Stacey is visiting and she has some stern words about Jude, "Why does he have to be such a little turd? He needs a good dunking in a dirty toilet is what he needs!"
"Yes thank you for offering your parenting wisdom Stacey, but he's my son and I'm dealing with it!" I hear the exasperation in dad's tone.
"Ha, sure you are ass hat!"

Today was going so well before Jude ruined it! I had a plan all in my head! I was going to secure my future and stand on my own two feet. Now...

...well that little bastard had brought all that to a screeching halt! I have to think long and hard about this, and I need to do it fairly quickly!

 HAZEL:

Jude has pestered me for days about this whole Scott Holden thing and it was getting me down, I know the reason he wants me to fight for him is so his precious Wanda is single again! It's about time he knew why Scott and I just never happened, so I tell him all about Nathan stopping any of his male family or friends from dating me. What is Judey's advice? Confront the creep...

 I don't normally take his advice but I'm still so angry, to my surprise he agrees to come over and meet me. It doesn't really bode well but I need to know why he has such a hatred for me.

 I hear my dad letting him in downstairs, he is so very polite! Good afternoon Lord Smallwood, very nice to finally meet you Lord Smallwood, ugh! Ass kisser!

 When he appears upstairs, Jude lets out an impish chuckle and grins up at him, "Dead man walkin' hehe! Holden you're a wanker!" Oh God I'm so nervous, and so mad at Jude!

 "Hey Hazel, what's this all about? Why did you wanna see me?" Is he nervous? Good, he should be! I'm going to make him sorry for the way he's been treating me, and for no good reason. I've only ever been nice to him...until he started with the anti-vampire crap and then I lost my mind.

 "It's about you being a douche canoe Holden! I mean even I'm not as douchey as you!" Please stop Jude!
"Judey please let me talk to Nathan in private?"
"Ohhhh no way, I'm not missin' this for anything!" He cackles, so I go to plan b.
"Nathan? Will you follow me to the bathroom over there?" I hear Jude let out a little high pitched,
"Whaaaaat?" And I escort Nathan away from his big ears.

 I haven't got time to skirt over this, so I just go in for the kill, "Nathan, why did you stop Scott and Jairo from asking me out? What have I ever done to you? Why did you do this?"
"I have no idea what you're talking about!" His blank stare and flat tone just confuse me, did Jairo lie?
"Jairo told me..."
"Ohhhh Jairo told you, well he's a fucking weirdo who talks shit!"

 "He's been nothing but nice to me which is more than I can say for y..."
"Yeah?" Wow he's mad now, he's mad? What a cheek! "Well maybe you should take a good long hard look at yourself young lady before you start accusing me of..."
"Being horrible to me all the time?" 
"You've not exactly been all sweetness and light Hazel Smallwood!"
"I would have been if you'd given me good reason to be but you didn't! You talked to me like I was something you stepped in!" His anger switches to shame, yeah I have you now!

 "Nathan every time I'm in your company I feel bad, you make me feel like an outsider in the group. You make me feel...unworthy of your friends and your brother who I really like, but you...you've just treated me like a pariah ever since we met. The day I mistook you for Scott you were horrible!"
"Hazel you don't know what Scott is really like, or Jairo, you're young and you see the world with rose tinted glasses. It's not like that!" What is that supposed to mean?

 "So this is what? A lesson in life from someone who's barely older than me? What do you know of life Nathan? Apart from raining misery down on someone who only ever wanted to be your friend?"
"Hazel..."
"No Nathan you've said enough, I understand, you just don't like me. Well you have your wish, I'll stay away from you and Scott and your friends. I'll keep out of your way at school from now on. Now please just go!"

He does go, even though he looks sorry he never says it. At least he got his wish, I'm out of his life now. I am no longer a part of Scott's group of friends, and I'm heartbroken!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)