Saturday 31 March 2012

Guild Of Rejects: Episode One


***WARNING*** 
THIS STORY CONTAINS SCENES OF AN ADULT NATURE, READERS SHOULD BE AGES 13 OR OVER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! XD




"A schoolboy's dream, you act so shy...your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye!" (Bon Jovi, You Give Love A Bad Name)


3 years ago...

"You're so beautiful!"
"Oh Ryan...I...I've never done this before!!!"

"Don't you worry I'll be gentle!"
"I...I...I've never...been kissed before either!"
"Shhh..."
"Ryan! I...love you!"
"I love you too April! I love you too!"

 "Ryan? Do you really love me? Or were you just saying that?"

 "Ryan?"

 "Ryan...?"

 "Ry...an? Stop it! Are you asleep?"

 "Oh God! RYAN? RYAN RYAN RYAN!!! WAKE UP!!! PLEASE!"

 "What have I done?"

Present day...

 *Ring ring...ring ring...click...*
"Hi this is April I'm not in so wait for the beep..."
*beep*
"April? It's Sarah! Please tell me you haven't forgotten we're going out tonight? Ugh, anyway Abracadavar at 11pm, you'd better be there or I'll put a hex on your ass! Besides...it'll be fun, byeeeee"
*beep*

*sigh* "No Sarah, I've not forgotten!"

April Ward stared out of her front window at the sleepy town of Hallam's Cove, named after the man who discovered it and made it a thriving seaside resort. April was born in Sunset Valley but moved with her brother and his wife when she was 18 to live there. April didn't go out much, not at all really not after...Her next door neighbour, Sarah Cairns popped round on a regular basis, and yesterday she insisted that the two of them go out to a club and party. If only Sarah knew April, she'd have realised that partying wasn't her strong point...but she would go, if only to keep the peace...what could possibly go wrong?


 "So, aren't you glad you came out now? I've had a great night...how about you?"
"Umm Sarah? We're the only people left!"
"Nah, there's still some stragglers!"


 "I really think I should be heading home, it's...wow it's almost 4:30am!"
"Hey, the barman is totally checking you out! Look!"
"Sarah..."


 "Babes, I know what I'm doing! He's into you, I can tell!"
"Sarah! I'm not exactly...the dating...type! I had a bad experience with a guy and..."


 "All the more reason to jump back on that saddle and giddy up! HEY! Barkeep! This is my friend April, she's cute right?"

April's heart began to pound in her ears, Sarah had no clue why this was a bad idea! The guy was cute, a little pale but cute all the same. He blushed when Sarah spoke to him and it was obvious he was extremely uncomfortable in the situation, but Sarah continued to make him squirm...


 "What's your name?"
"Avery, what can I get you?"
"Your phone number for my girl here..."
"SARAH!!!" April hissed, but it didn't make any difference, Avery went scarlet and almost dropped the glass he was holding.
"I'm just here to pour your drinks miss!"


 "Huh, your loss big guy! Aw man!"
"What? What is it?"
"Look behind us, Madison McArthur...geez what a way to spoil a good night!"
"Who's..." April began but was interrupted by the female in question as she plonked herself down on the bar stool next to Sarah...


 "Sarah!"
"Madison!"
"Who's the specky ginger kid? Hanging with losers now are we? Coven disowned you?"
"I was born to the coven, I didn't have to join or go through any initiation tests...unlike you! I'm the real deal honey!"


 "Whatever, you know Sarah...you used to be cool! And probably the most powerful Wicca of your age group, but now look at you! Picking up waifs and strays and hanging around in deserted clubs in the middle of the night!"
"You should talk, why are you here?"
"I have just been to meet with the proprietor of this establishment with the prospect of a magic show starring yours truly!"
"How...depressing!"
"Anyway I'm off home now, and by the way...don't bother with Avery here...I'm positive he plays for the other team, laters losers!"


"I HATE her!"
"Who is she?"
"She used to be my best friend in high school, but...things change!" 


 As the girls agreed it was time to leave, two young men entered the club arguing loudly at each other...

"Nathan don't make a scene!"
"You're not the boss of me! And I'm not leaving...he came in here I know he did!"
"So what??? NATHAN NO..."


 "He's here Dane...please just let me do this!"


 "I promise I'll just find him, deal with him and go okay?" Nathan had followed a particular individual into Abracadavar. It was a place he was not welcome at, it was a place where the barman disliked him and he hated the barman! Avery Rand was that barman, and it was up to him to remove Nathan if he ever entered the premises...


 "I hope you two aren't here to cause trouble! Mr Roche left me in charge!" Avery called over to the brothers...
"Oh bite me Rand! Yeah that's right! You can't! Half breed scum!"
"NATHAN! No Avery we'll be out of your hair soon!" Dane, being the more sensible brother, tried to drag Nathan away but he wasn't for shifting!
"Good, because it's been a peaceful night and I'm sick of cleaning up after your reckless brother Dane!"
"Shut it! Butt out of my business!" Nathan growled, he and Dane may have been brothers but they couldn't be more different!


Mr Roche? The Thorne brothers are downstairs giving Avery Rand a hard time!"
"That is unfortunate, how is Avery dealing with the situation?"
"He's...coping well?"


 "Keep an eye on all three of them Sylas! I can't afford another clean-up!"
"Yes sir!"


 "April, I think we should go now okay honey?"
"Finally!"
"Like really NOW!"


 "There he is! Wait here, I'll be right back!
"Nathan don't do this in public!!! NATHAN!!!"


"Hey Christopher, what's up my man? Fancy a little stroll in the early morning sunshine?" As Nathan grabbed hold of the man he called Christopher, Sarah didn't quite manage to get April out in time, and both girls were lucky enough to witness the entire show as Dane tried to stop his brother from making a scene!

 "Nathan not here!" As Nathan pummelled Christopher until he lost his balance, April noticed a wooden stake in his hand...


 ...as Christopher turned to ash!


"One less bloodsucker to worry about!" Nathan spat as he looked down at the mess on the lobby floor...

 Dane looked over to Sarah as Madison arrived and began shouting at Nathan...
"What the hell Nathan Thorne??? Why do you always have to stake them huh?"
"Sarah, get your friend outta here, Nathan? Let's go before Roche comes down!"


 "Come on April!" Sarah mumbled and grabbed hold of April's arm...
"What just...happened? Was that..."
"Come on! Before Matheus catches us!"
"Who..?"


 "Seriously Sarah, was that guy a vampire?"
"Honey, just try and forget what happened okay? Nathan is too hot-headed for his own good..."
"WAIT! You know that guy?"
"*sigh* Yes...now let's get you home okay?"


 "Nathan come on! Aw geez!"
"COME ON ROCHE!!! I'M RIGHT HERE COME AND GET ME YOU BIG IDIOT!!!"


 "Nathan please come on!"
"I didn't think so, jerk!"


 "YOU! Downstairs NOW!"


 "Okay Avery what the hell happened? How did those Thornes get into my club AGAIN???"
"Mr Roche I..."
"Just get down those stairs, you have a lot of explaining to do!"


"Right...explain to me how they managed to get past the bouncers at the door?" 
"I wanna quit. I can't do this anymore!"
"Mr Rand, you cannot quit! You know that! I own you!"


 "If you leave my employ I will expose you for what you are right on that stage out there in front of all those lovely ladies, and that red head in particular...oh come now I saw the way you were looking at her! Young Miss McArthur will be devastated!"
"Mr Roche, please! Surely Sylas could..."


 "Sylas Pickens is an imbecile! Don't cross me Avery! Or you'll regret it!"
"Yes...sir!"


When April arrived home that morning, she had a visitor...

"And where the hell have you been all night???"


 "Out why?"
"Out where?"
"A club with Sarah!"


 "Sarah! You were out with that witch again! Jesus April!"
"I didn't touch anyone I swear!"


 "How many times have I told you!"
"Thom I..."


 "YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!"
"I...I do!"
"NO YOU DON'T SIS AND IT'S GOING TO BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE..."


 "...OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT HAPPENED UP THERE THREE YEARS AGO??? HUH?"
"Thom..." April mumbled as her brother screamed in her face...


 "A man died April! I told you, I warned you!"
"I haven't forgotten, not one detail! Every bit of it is as clear as day...as if it happened seconds ago! It keeps me awake at night, it's in my head during the day so NO Thom...it's always there in everything I think and everything I do! So don't you DARE shout at me and tell me I don't take this seriously!"
"I'm...sorry April I just don't want you to go through what I did! I gotta get back to Leya, please try and stay home in future?"


"For other people if not for yourself!"


As Thom Ward arrived home to his wife, he felt guilty for shouting at his little sister. But she had to be careful, he hadn't been so lucky and three women died because of that!

"Hey don't be so hard on her babe! She's young, and she's lonely!"
"I know but what if she meets someone else, you know and I know what could happen! What WILL happen!"
"Is she okay? You didn't yell at her did you?"
"She's fine, she should be used to me by now! She's probably on the phone bitchin' about me to that Wicca next door!"

"Thom honey? Just give her some space! She's not as strong as you are, it's going to be a long process...she might not get over it...ever!" Leya was right, April wasn't as strong as her older brother, nor could she cope as well as him knowing that Ryan was dead...because of her!

"How can you even think I've forgotten Thom..."

"...I haven't forgotten AT ALL!"

2 comments:

  1. Hm, that sounds interesting. Mystic AND interesting, wonder what else you will come up with in this story :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Defiantly going to be looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)